Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?

YES i do say to alot of people that do not keep your kes if u dont feel that u can do it. I also always say before your do anything keep your inside pure, then keep ya kes and do what ever.

YOU THINK that you only have to be pure inside, but GUROO JI THINKS that you have to be pure outside and inside, if you want a relieigon that only needs you to be pure on the inside, become a chrisitian or something.

WHy are you calling yourself a Sikh if you dont even agree with what guroo ji is saying, let alone following.

"If a son does not look like his father, what do you call him?"-sant jarnail singh ji khalsa bhindranvale.

HHHHMMmm i think i was getting carried away wid my views on this topic (and life). Okay, i completely change everything. Yeah, i agree to being both pure on the in and out side. Also, i should stop worrying with what others think, as what Guru jee will think counts.

Also, i shouldnae worry about Jhathae bandhi (or wat eva it was). Thanks a lot, peops, my views have now changed and with the grace of true satguru my eyes are opened. I really need to make a fresh start from here on. Spose i could do an Ardaas for guidance (and NOT worry about anything else or wat otehrs think).

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YES i do say to alot of people that do not keep your kes if u dont feel that u can do it. I also always say before your do anything keep your inside pure, then keep ya kes and do what ever.

YOU THINK that you only have to be pure inside, but GUROO JI THINKS that you have to be pure outside and inside, if you want a relieigon that only needs you to be pure on the inside, become a chrisitian or something.

WHy are you calling yourself a Sikh if you dont even agree with what guroo ji is saying, let alone following.

"If a son does not look like his father, what do you call him?"-sant jarnail singh ji khalsa bhindranvale.

HHHHMMmm i think i was getting carried away wid my views on this topic (and life). Okay, i completely change everything. Yeah, i agree to being both pure on the in and out side. Also, i should stop worrying with what others think, as what Guru jee will think counts.

Also, i shouldnae worry about Jhathae bandhi (or wat eva it was). Thanks a lot, peops, my views have now changed and with the grace of true satguru my eyes are opened. I really need to make a fresh start from here on. Spose i could do an Ardaas for guidance (and NOT worry about anything else or wat otehrs think).

nICE BROTHER , BE a humble sikh follow HIS TEACHINGS WITH DEVOTION GURU JI WILL BE UR SIDE BUT INSTIL HUMILITY i hope u understand.

Guest Papi
Sikh Rehat Maryada:

Definition of Sikh:

A Sikh is defined as any person male or female who faithfully:

* i. believes in the existence of One eternal God

* ii. Accepts as their only Spiritual guide as the Guru Granth Sahib and the ten human Gurus and follows their teachings

* iii. Is preparing to take the baptism Amrit Sanchar as promoted by the tenth Guru, and

* iv. does not owe allegiance to any other religion.

its not good to lie, you distorted the rehat maryada

http://sgpc.net/rehat_maryada/section_one.html

The Definition of Sikh :

Article I

Any human being who faithfully believes in

i. One Immortal Being,

ii. Ten Gurus, from Guru Nanak Sahib to Guru Gobind Singh Sahib,

iii. The Guru Granth Sahib,

iv. The utterances and teachings of the ten Gurus and

v. the baptism bequeathed by the tenth Guru, and who does not owe allegiance to any other religion, is a Sikh

pay CLOSE attention to the last 2 points

You need to pay CLOSE attention to the first sentence. Also if you took the time of reading the rehit, you will see that it clearly state the term amritdhari and non-amritdhari.

i dont need to read the entire thing, that paragraph sums up the basics quite well :TH:

Sikh Rehat Maryada:

Definition of Sikh:

A Sikh is defined as any person male or female who faithfully:

* i. believes in the existence of One eternal God

* ii. Accepts as their only Spiritual guide as the Guru Granth Sahib and the ten human Gurus and follows their teachings

* iii. Is preparing to take the baptism Amrit Sanchar as promoted by the tenth Guru, and

* iv. does not owe allegiance to any other religion.

its not good to lie, you distorted the rehat maryada

http://sgpc.net/rehat_maryada/section_one.html

The Definition of Sikh :

Article I

Any human being who faithfully believes in

i. One Immortal Being,

ii. Ten Gurus, from Guru Nanak Sahib to Guru Gobind Singh Sahib,

iii. The Guru Granth Sahib,

iv. The utterances and teachings of the ten Gurus and

v. the baptism bequeathed by the tenth Guru, and who does not owe allegiance to any other religion, is a Sikh

pay CLOSE attention to the last 2 points

You need to pay CLOSE attention to the first sentence. Also if you took the time of reading the rehit, you will see that it clearly state the term amritdhari and non-amritdhari.

i dont need to read the entire thing, that paragraph sums up the basics quite well :TH:

You should read the whole thing though for your own good. I am quite surprised how “moderate” the SGPC rehit is. Sadly though, most Sikhs I have come across still follow some traditional (like marrying someone based on caste) that sikhs (on theory at least) shouldn’t follow at all. But whatever, they can do whatever they want as long they don’t go around judging people like myself.

• 3 months later...

why do non keshdharis care about what keshdhari/amritdhari people think of them?.............advice: if you meet someone who looks down on you just simple ignore them focus on your own sikhi.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh sangat jeeo

The concern of today is why are we mona looked down upon in sikhie.

All amrit dharies of today think they are better than monai and think they have more rights than us.

I ask you this we mona singhs are not prepered to stand for this stupidness.

My pholosiphy in life is ''maan saaf rhoop saaf'' Which means if your mind is clear and good then you yourself are perfect. I as a Mona singh think that keskis is a kakkar becasue i never keep a keski away from my monaey kesh. I think that keski is a kakkar because i feel it reflets discipline, i do not want to take amrit because i feel again that your maan must be saaf then your have a clear rhoop. But keski for any mona must be important. I also feel we should do parchaar of sikhie at all times becasue we too are the khalsa and we deserve a right to say things sotechnicly we can do parchaar of sikhie at anytime we want to without amrit dharies telling us not to. PLease singhs do not call us a mona call all the mona's you see as singh becasue we are fed up of being looked down upon.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

i get the same crap as well but who cares not all amritdharis are the same some are well safe :D

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh sangat jeeo

The concern of today is why are we mona looked down upon in sikhie.

All amrit dharies of today think they are better than monai and think they have more rights than us.

I ask you this we mona singhs are not prepered to stand for this stupidness.

My pholosiphy in life is ''maan saaf rhoop saaf'' Which means if your mind is clear and good then you yourself are perfect. I as a Mona singh think that keskis is a kakkar becasue i never keep a keski away from my monaey kesh. I think that keski is a kakkar because i feel it reflets discipline, i do not want to take amrit because i feel again that your maan must be saaf then your have a clear rhoop. But keski for any mona must be important. I also feel we should do parchaar of sikhie at all times becasue we too are the khalsa and we deserve a right to say things sotechnicly we can do parchaar of sikhie at anytime we want to without amrit dharies telling us not to. PLease singhs do not call us a mona call all the mona's you see as singh becasue we are fed up of being looked down upon.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Dear brother u r wrong it is the Gursikhs and Amritdharis who r looked down upon by Patit or mona sikhs go and watch the attitude of patits in punjab very few people like to give their daughters in marriage to gursikhs and under influence of anti-sikh media and bollywood sikh girls prefer patits even bhayias . In Punjab even sikh girls prefer to marry BHIyas migrant from U.P ,Bihar then marry a gursikhs as they r falling prey to anti sikh forces like RSS and COMMUNISTS to ethicnic cleaning of sikhs even in histroric Gurdwara u come accross migrants who have no respect for sikhi stay there and many times loots the GOLAK .It is rather pure sikhs who face discrimination not the patits.

People should try and be careful not to alienate everyone outside their immediate peer groups. This is why you have so much suspicion between people of differing Sikh backgrounds I think.

Insular attitudes are not a good thing. I recall watching a program on the Jewish holocaust and some of them were saying in retrospect it may have been Jewish insularity that contributed to negative attitudes against them. I'm just wondering if this relates to Sikhs at all.