Why? Why? Why? Why? Why?

the truth is that the one who do not obey guru ji's order can never call himself a sikh...

Hate to burst your bubble there champ, but by all means he can be called a 'Sikh', a Sikh means 'learner', just because someone doesn't get as good a grade as someone else in a classroom does not mean he is not a student. He may not be called Khalsa, but he is Sikh. Furthermore the TRUTH is that you are no one to determine who IS and IS NOT Sikh, just because you keep your kesh does not make you some authoritive figure on determining who is in and out of Sikhi making it your own personal club.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sikh means learner..............the problem is most havent started learning yet or dont want to learn............so whats point of calling yourself sikh if you have no interest in sikhi..........

Sikh means learner..............the problem is most havent started learning yet or dont want to learn............so whats point of calling yourself sikh if you have no interest in sikhi..........

What if one is trying to learn, but on a slower pace? Would you still consider him/her a Sikh then? Who is exactly can be a Sikh? I think we need to find a good definition of who is a Sikh from the Sikh leaders and Sikh scholars. These type of questions need to be answered ASAP.

So you've reduced the teachings 10 generations of Guru into an either/or based on one single tenant of the faith? I'm sorry, but speaking in absolutes is a sign of ignorance. And you might possibly have a point....maybe....if keeping kesh and keski was the FIRST rule of Sikhi, right out the gate, had Guru Nanak made that the first rule....interestingly enough, it came as one of the last orders from the 10th and final living Guru. Yet here you are, making it the first in order to be a Sikh, I find that laughable, but interesting. I'm afraid you might have things backward.

So you've reduced the teachings 10 generations of Guru into an either/or based on one single tenant of the faith? I'm sorry, but speaking in absolutes is a sign of ignorance. And you might possibly have a point....maybe....if keeping kesh and keski was the FIRST rule of Sikhi, right out the gate, had Guru Nanak made that the first rule....interestingly enough, it came as one of the last orders from the 10th and final living Guru. Yet here you are, making it the first in order to be a Sikh, I find that laughable, but interesting. I'm afraid you might have things backward.

i never said i reduced the teachings you said that.......i just offered my opinion and you went off on one!