A Question On My Mind : Getting Attacked During Akhand Paath

this has been on my mind for a while

i was wondering if you was alone in darbaar sahib doin guru maharaaj di raul (reading gurubani) during a akand paat, and next to you u had the jap ji sahib paati doin his raul, and the rest of darbar was empty

and if sumone entered to darbar sahib may be with others with him to attack guru maharaj and do beadbi.

are you allowed to stop reading gurbaani and defend or carry on. i dont get it, becus people say even at worst times u shud neva stop a akand paat

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard on radio that this akhand path thing in self made by us under influence of hindu rituals. We should be very careful in differentiang things that are gurmat traditions and those made by us under brahmanical influence like doing first barsi path of deceased in 11 th month. these practices also have hindu connexions.

I remember reading about how Baba Harnam Singh Ji used to have darshan of Guru Gobind Singh Ji and he asked him something about Akand Paths and I think Guru Ji said that the 48-hour continuous reading was something the Sikhs themselves had decided to do - there was no rules/law about it.

TBH think about it - if someone attacks, you should protect Maharaj as best as you can, even if that means momentarily breaking the PAth.

well if someone is coming to attack, obviously you should do w.e in your power to stop anything from happening...and plus...you can re-do the akhand paht..and start over again...if someone is kicking you are you gon just sit there and keep getting kicked?