Fish

_anon_

waheguru jee ka khalsa, waheguru jee kee fateh!

Couple of days ago, someone asked me why there are fish in the sarovar at Harmandir Sahib.

Were they put there intentionally? If so, what is the purpose of them being there?? grin.gif

Thanks

waheguru jee ka khalsa, waheguru jee kee fateh!!!

Couple of days ago, someone asked me why there are fish in the sarovar at Harmandir Sahib.

Were they put there intentionally? If so, what is the purpose of them being there?? grin.gif

Thanks

Ive heard the same too, i was told its good to have them as they eat dead skin which floats around the sarvor. Doesnt seem illogical.

Thanks

ye they help to purify the water..

and have u seen the size of them??

Waheguroo.. never seenthat big before

waheguru, they are the lucky ones...god bless them...they are able to stay there to hear/see the beautiful guru and hear his beaituful shabads

the fish are there..as a symbolic figure..to remind us...that as fish are nothing without the water, we are nothing without God...

And they are there to basically "clean"...eating the dead cells...as a way to purify the water

waheguru, they are the lucky ones...god bless them...they are able to stay there to hear/see the beautiful guru and hear his beaituful shabads

the fish are there..as a symbolic figure..to remind us...that as fish are nothing without the water, we are nothing without God...

And they are there to basically "clean"...eating the dead cells...as a way to purify the water

Thats quite a nice/interesting analogy - never thought of that before - us without god, fish without water...

They are there to eat Parshad (that we give to them, even thought we're not supposed to!) have you seen the fish go for Prashad!

I swear I saw an old print of Harmandir Sahib with some people fishing with harpoons in the sarovar.

It's natural to have fishes to be in such places (mother nature).. In old times its different as nobody care much about fishes but right now everything is wrong as they (SGPC etc) put these new type of ornamental fishes to attract more indian based tourists. Please read this blog entry of mine regarding this issue : http://vblogsingh.blogspot.com/2006/07/dar...ith-punjab.html