Waxing

Guest Guest

in answer to the above postee the reason people questions guru's hukam is we al have different interptation of the same thing you could read bani and take a completely different thin away from it than i would, so i would say its not pointless having these debates it brings out everyones opinions and means we have a more open and transparent forum which is what we should be hoping for

As for the sister with hair issues i do not know how it feels for a woman in this society with hair on her face, so i dont think any of the singhs on this forum can make a valid assumption of how it feels. Just do what is right for you keep your hair and you will have every singh/singhnis upmost respect dont and u will stll be the same person just make a decision you can live with!

People worry a lot about marriage and so remove their hair. Many domt get married till much later. I know attractive people who didnt get marriec till 30. So dont assume hat hair is preventing your marriage, it just may not be time yet. Also, oue partner is written in our karam, regardless of whether we have facial hair.or not

Guest swadar

Look at your chat. Can't you just have a discussion, instead of calling each other names.

Having hair is more important or being a good person is more important.

Did all the followers to our gurus kept their hair? Our gurus still loved them for the deeds they did.

• 6 months later...
Guest Avneet kaur

actually d reason behind.. dat some sikh girls face dis problm whose family strictly believes in sikhism.. I hav many frndz who belong to sikh families bt dey cut thr hair.. do waxing etc... I belong to a family where v strictly follow all d rules dat r for sikh ppl... my father is vry vry religous person... so since childhood I hav known so many stories behind our history.. nd d importance of kesh..! I am a 16 yr old girl goin in skl.... olwayz wish dat wen my parents will allow me to do waxing... bcoz I feel like v r d only sikh family vich which vry strict abt waxing..! problm is ppl around u... I hav a frnd she olso belongs to sikh family dey also don't cut their head... but she do waxing... threading.. etc... so I alwayz feel dat m d only 1..... actually in our religion every1 has different thinkng.. some say v shud not cut our hair bt can do waxing nd threadng... sm sikhs cut thr hair also nd waxing everything nd dey say dey r sikhs!! nd some like me don't allow to do any waxing....! bt even these types of thoughts abt waxing come in our mind only because of society!!! these ppl should try to understand Us bcoz they think there is nothing wrong in doing waxing even if v belong to sikh families.....

M ALSO VERY VERY CONFUSED dat should I ask my parents again... last year I asked abt waxing nd I only know wt experience it was! my mom understands that in this modern society v can do waxing.... bt my father don't understands... he thinks if I will start doing waxing then soon I will ask to cut my long hair which I really don't want.... only want to do waxing on legs and arms and under arm.......... NOW AFTER READING UR VIEWS M ALSO BIT CONFUSED.... whether to try to convince my father or I shud believe that I should not do being a sikh girl!! even my all cousins do waxing bt I can't!!!

please please help me what should I do?????

actually d reason behind.. dat some sikh girls face dis problm whose family strictly believes in sikhism.. I hav many frndz who belong to sikh families bt dey cut thr hair.. do waxing etc... I belong to a family where v strictly follow all d rules dat r for sikh ppl... my father is vry vry religous person... so since childhood I hav known so many stories behind our history.. nd d importance of kesh..! I am a 16 yr old girl goin in skl.... olwayz wish dat wen my parents will allow me to do waxing... bcoz I feel like v r d only sikh family vich which vry strict abt waxing..! problm is ppl around u... I hav a frnd she olso belongs to sikh family dey also don't cut their head... but she do waxing... threading.. etc... so I alwayz feel dat m d only 1..... actually in our religion every1 has different thinkng.. some say v shud not cut our hair bt can do waxing nd threadng... sm sikhs cut thr hair also nd waxing everything nd dey say dey r sikhs!! nd some like me don't allow to do any waxing....! bt even these types of thoughts abt waxing come in our mind only because of society!!! these ppl should try to understand Us bcoz they think there is nothing wrong in doing waxing even if v belong to sikh families.....

M ALSO VERY VERY CONFUSED dat should I ask my parents again... last year I asked abt waxing nd I only know wt experience it was! my mom understands that in this modern society v can do waxing.... bt my father don't understands... he thinks if I will start doing waxing then soon I will ask to cut my long hair which I really don't want.... only want to do waxing on legs and arms and under arm.......... NOW AFTER READING UR VIEWS M ALSO BIT CONFUSED.... whether to try to convince my father or I shud believe that I should not do being a sikh girl!! even my all cousins do waxing bt I can't!!!

Waxing goes against sikh totally.Its not only the cutting of hair that is bad but the removal of all hair no matter how.You can shave,pluck,cut,thread,wax,etc its all against Sikhi.You just wana make the world happy by waxing.Live for yourself and not the world.

Waxing goes against sikh totally.Its not only the cutting of hair that is bad but the removal of all hair no matter how.You can shave,pluck,cut,thread,wax,etc its all against Sikhi.You just wana make the world happy by waxing.Live for yourself and not the world.

But daily if a person is cursing sikhi for all what it should be .... is that good?

if a person dont want to keep hair... only because of fear following sikhi.. is that good?

If a girl is having hell lot of hair on her face y should nt she remove it.. inspite of unwillingly keeping it ?

From sikhism point of view u should not remove ur hair... but if u are having alot of them... dont cutt ur kesh .... u can go for waxing... if u dnt like ur facial hair have them removed.. but threading.... if u r not willing to keep them..... dont keep it forcefully......

But before doing that.... Once do path sukhmani sahib g da path,, n ardas n then ask from urself wat u want.... rather then wat ur parent n other people want u to be.... n then go...

these sikh guys themselves do not prefer a kudi with lot of hair. they just say but on practical note things are different... Live life happily.. Guru will be with u if u luv him :)

Sikhi nu bus waala te chalu karke waala te khatam karta hai- No body cares how actually sikh should be n how should be his/her deeds :wow:

From sikhism point of view u should not remove ur hair... but if u are having alot of them... dont cutt ur kesh .... u can go for waxing... if u dnt like ur facial hair have them removed.. but threading.... if u r not willing to keep them..... dont keep it forcefully......

But before doing that.... Once do path sukhmani sahib g da path,, n ardas n then ask from urself wat u want.... rather then wat ur parent n other people want u to be.... n then go...

these sikh guys themselves do not prefer a kudi with lot of hair. they just say but on practical note things are different... Live life happily.. Guru will be with u if u luv him :wow:

That is NOT at all a Sikh perspective. You can't remove your kesh, any kesh, period. Gurpreet, stop blaming Sikh guys for everything and using that as an excuse to tell girls that its ok to go against Rehit. If that is your opinion, atleast make sure to say its your view or you'll mislead someone.

Sikhs canNOT remove ANY hair, and thats it. I may sound harsh but this is the height of it. "Guru will love you, live life happy!" What is that? Guru Sahib loves non-Sikhs also, does that mean we start worshipping idols and wearing caps? "Ohhhh our Guru will love us with toppiyaan!"

That is NOT at all a Sikh perspective. You can't remove your kesh, any kesh, period. Gurpreet, stop blaming Sikh guys for everything and using that as an excuse to tell girls that its ok to go against Rehit. If that is your opinion, atleast make sure to say its your view or you'll mislead someone.

Sikhs canNOT remove ANY hair, and thats it. I may sound harsh but this is the height of it. "Guru will love you, live life happy!" What is that? Guru Sahib loves non-Sikhs also, does that mean we start worshipping idols and wearing caps? "Ohhhh our Guru will love us with toppiyaan!"

Veerji...... whatever u r saying is true........ But i am against keeping kesh n being sikh forcefully.......

u will ruin life if u will not respect what u r having on ur body...

Hanji My Guru loves his child no matter if they keep the rehet or not..... n waise v shabad hai na "Tudh Bhave ta naam japawe" ... naam ohi japda jinhu rabb japwaunda.....

the only difference between a sikh n gursikh is... Guru g sikh de naal chalde ne.. jithe digge sahara to unhanu milda.. but Guru g Gursikh nu Godi ch chak ke chalde.. diggan da te sawal hi ni paida honda.....

Sorry to say- Stop forcing people to be sikh its will n wish n my guru dnt need people who r unwillingly a sikh :nono: