Waxing

Guest Guest

Penji i think deep down you know that waxing is wrong. Sorry if you think im being offensive, but i think your just looking for an excuse to support the sin you are commiting.

Removing hair ANYWHERE on the body is a bujjar kurehit. So yes it is very wrong. There is no way around this.

You have posted your probelms about school and college, and your 'hariy' arms, nearly EVERY singhni i know has been through the same situation, and they managed to get through it with mahrajs kirpaa. At the end of the day who do you want to please, your guru or your work mates?

You cant simply say that because you have body hair that you dont get jobs. Some times things dont work out the way we would like them to be, but we have to accept this as the sweet will of mahraj. We have to have faith that mahraj will do the best for us, and accept that he will only do the best for us.

You seem to be asking for a scientific reason as to why we should keep hair. You said yourself that you consider yourself to be a sikh of the guru. Then surely you must have enough piaar to try and follow hukam to the best of your ability without questioning it. see i think we should turn this around, what are your reasons for removing your kesh? Are you reasons within gurmat? No, they are just because you care what others think, when clearly mahraj says;

kabeer ddoobehigo rae baapurae bahu logan kee kaan ||

Kabeer, you shall drown, you wretched being, from worrying about what other people think.

Penji, forget all these other people! Japp naam, keep rehit and please your GURU! You think you have it tough? Think about all the people who have made such massive sacrifices for sikhi, bibia had their children cut into peices and hung as garlands around their necks, singhs were boiled alive, cut in half and endured so many other tortures! Yet you find it hard to keep your precious kesh. Our kesh isnt a burden, see it as a gift.

Its great that you do paath, and i hope you continue to do so, but sikhi isnt just summit, where we can say yes i follow sikhi, full stop, its not just about doing paath. You have to try and find that piaar for mahraj, and try and do every action out of piaar for him; such as doing seva, helping the needy, protecting the weak. Try and keep more singhni sangat, it will help. Dont give up penji, do ardas and have full faith.

No one ever said that life was going to be easy, this is one of many obstacles you will come across, you have to turn to mahraj and he will do everything for you.

I am sorry if i have offended you, or said anything out of line.

Stay strong penji :TH:

vahiguroo vahiguroo vahiguroo vahiguroo vahiguroo vahiguroo vahiguroooooo vahiguroo vahiguroo vahigurooooo!!

pray.gif

VAHIGURUJEEKAAKHALSA VAHIGURUJEEKEEFATEH!

Guest Guest
WJKK WJKF

i know this topic has been raised a lot of times in this forum. but i really want to ask why is waxing actually not allowed for us as sikhs.

i am a sikh. all my life i have alwayz abided with everything that a sikh is supposed to do. but since school because of waxing i have been denied so many things. i was very good at badminton but could not participate in the competitions because my legs were not waxed. i used to wear skirt as it was the uniform, but then was alwayz made fun of because of this all through my school life. when i enetred college boys around me started teasing me because of my upper lips and body hair. they did not even feel like talking to me. but after a few dayz i started bleaching my face to hide my facial hair. and avoided wearing half sleeves. alwayz wore full sleeves because i never wanted ppl to look down upon me and make fun of me and my religion as i lawayz respected it.

after an year of college i was supposed to do internship which i could not succeeed in getting on my own behalf because i had bodu hair. later at my office i was not given a nice treatment coz of body hair. after facing all this trauma i was forced to get my arms waxed. i know it is a sin. a sin which is not forgiven. but i did not ever do undrearms or my legs. it was only my arms. well after that it gave me self confidence but i was not able to afce myself in the mirror and my family. everytym i got it done i felt a part of me was gng away with it. but then the whole world ard me changed. i started getting d respect in off and sum vry gud projects.

but i want to give up waxing. plzz tell me what to do. today i am at a position where i wanted to be but.....i knw all boyz wont even understand this. if i leave dis job and go sumwhere else it will b very difficult o get one as i wil have body hair. ppl dnt gv jobs to dem. i dnt knw wht to do... but i dnt wax anywhere else. only my arms. whereit is required. i want to ask ppl out there y is it a sin for a girl to not do waxing. y is it a compulsion for her to do it world over???? y does nt a guy luk at her if she has body hair???? if she is forced to do it den she is out of her religion......i am do everythng else with full respect. i do apth daily regularly....but dng wzxing is wrong????y???

ppl say dat sikhism has logic for evrything...plzz tell me how am i harmed if i do waxing....do i get less of vitamin D by jst clearing my hands.....sikhism has reason for evrything...in fact it is d only religion i hv known so far which has scientific support for everything.....plzzz help me out....really confused what to do.....

If your baptised into Khalsa then obviously you have code of conduct there that forbids removal of hair however I personally dont believe those rules apply to women. Kaur = princess thus keep herself beautiful for her man. Singh = lion a guy who has the apperance and courage of a lion hence the uncut hair. I dunno who invented "singhini's" but nowhere I have read does it says a woman has to keep her hair uncut baptised or not.

Guest Gupt Singhni
If your baptised into Khalsa then obviously you have code of conduct there that forbids removal of hair however I personally dont believe those rules apply to women. Kaur = princess thus keep herself beautiful for her man. Singh = lion a guy who has the apperance and courage of a lion hence the uncut hair. I dunno who invented "singhini's" but nowhere I have read does it says a woman has to keep her hair uncut baptised or not.

I don't know where you got that from. Hair is the beauty of a female. It is God's given form. Females do not have to keep themselves beautiful for her man. You right, Guru Ji has never said that females should keep their hair uncut, nor did he say males should. Guru Ji said Khalsa which applies for both males and females.

Guest jap naam

WaheguruJeeKaaKhalsa WaheguruJeeKeeFateh!! _/|\_

Waxing is wrong. Dont matter what method you choose to remove your hair , removing hair from anypart of our bodies is forbidden. Hair is just not just a symbol, it is a gift from God. Hair is an integral part of the human body created by God and Sikhism calls for its preservation. Sikhs live the way God made humans and are never meant to cut their hair. Whatever Gurus narrated has a purpose and meaning because it was told to them by God Himself. God has created a religion, a path, a faith which brings one closer to God and helps one to Unite with Him.

Focus on things that Waheguru has blessed us with Penji , doesn't matter what others think. I know its hard as people can be so judgemental but mostly they're often too caught up with their 'own stuff' to notice! But even if they do, who cares? Their opinion counts for nothing. Only God matters, so why let other people determine your reality?

God is so amazing and kind that no matter how much a individual removes their hair, it will always grow back. Time over and over again God always gives us another chance, to make amends, to follow sikhi , even though sometimes we may go off . He still gives his Sikhs that chance to unite with him.

Just remember Penji, Our Kesh are our blessing and our strengh and that you should feel proud. We do not need anyones permission or approval to be who we are or to do what we desire.

The point is, you define your own reality, no one else does. Unless you give them the power to.

If you truly know what keeping your kesh means then why should you compromise your sikhi for anyone?

Do Ardaas and Jap Naam and God will for sure give you strength to stop waxing. :TH:

Hope everything works out for you.

P.S. Forgive me if i hav sed anything wrong in the above.

Waxing is wrong. Dont matter what method you choose to remove your hair , removing hair from anypart of our bodies is forbidden. Hair is just not just a symbol, it is a gift from God. Hair is an integral part of the human body created by God and Sikhism calls for its preservation. Sikhs live the way God made humans and are never meant to cut their hair. Whatever Gurus narrated has a purpose and meaning because it was told to them by God Himself. God has created a religion, a path, a faith which brings one closer to God and helps one to Unite with Him.

Focus on things that Waheguru has blessed us with Penji , doesn't matter what others think. I know its hard as people can be so judgemental but mostly they're often too caught up with their 'own stuff' to notice! But even if they do, who cares? Their opinion counts for nothing. Only God matters, so why let other people determine your reality?

God is so amazing and kind that no matter how much a individual removes their hair, it will always grow back. Time over and over again God always gives us another chance, to make amends, to follow sikhi , even though sometimes we may go off . He still gives his Sikhs that chance to unite with him.

Just remember Penji, Our Kesh are our blessing and our strengh and that you should feel proud. We do not need anyones permission or approval to be who we are or to do what we desire.

The point is, you define your own reality, no one else does. Unless you give them the power to.

If you truly know what keeping your kesh means then why should you compromise your sikhi for anyone?

Do Ardaas and Jap Naam and God will for sure give you strength to stop waxing. :TH:

Hope everything works out for you.

P.S. Forgive me if i hav sed anything wrong in the above.

So True!....its simple though if you think about it...did Guru jee give us hair so we can remove it ? ....he didn't ...Guru jee has given us hair , its a gift which shouldn't be removed. When you cut,shave,wax whatever the hair will always grow back...

fatehjee d_oh.gif

Guest Guest

WaheguruJeeKaaKhalsa WaheguruJeeKeeFateh!!

grin.gif omg u girls go throu sum right stuff! :lol: may guru ji give u the strength to carry on and to support each uda pray.gif :TH: !

keep sikhi strong live khalis long

WaheguruJeeKaaKhalsa WaheguruJeeKeeFateh!!

Gurooo penji be strong man

namn jap its easy 4me 2 say but hard 2 do make ur conscience strong fink dat if Guru Gobind Singh was standin in front of u wud u still wax your hair of bcuz remeber were always on cctv Guru Ji knws everything we do!

So wa if pple cuss u geeza der takin away your sins by slandering you so its all good!

Dont wori i use 2 get cussed jus use 2 cuss pple bak (not wa i shud b tellin you) ignore em hu are dey compared 2 God watever Guru Ji does is brilliant! A lo of chardi kala people have been slandered over the years and tested but you can't fail!

Seek out sangat round your ends- sit 2geda wid em jap namn and save yourself from being re-incarnated again do you reeli want 2 cum bak 4 a lil mistake wen you cud be enjoying the fruits of God and become one with him and embrace his sweet charan dont waste time n money on dis waxin no point wen u stop you'll think oh ma god why did i bother? These pple are just trying to hinder you from God don't let them God's to precious 4dat 2 happen.

geeza i chat a lot of bagwass so plz 4giv me if sed nefin wrong mafi ji

Shut up chatter box. I personally believe you should go to Afghanistan and fight alongside al-qaida :lol: . I apologise if my post sounds offensive.

I'll try to keep this brief. In addition to all the reasons given above and just the fact that removing hair is specifically prohibited by Guru Sahib, just look at the reason for removing hair.

Removing hair for women is frankly a sign of inferiority and subjugation. Why don't men have the same standards? Why should you have to change your body just to please others? If one day society decides that women who don't wear very high skirts look odd or that women need to pierce their lips to look 'normal' will you have to conform to that as well?

It's pretty sad that to look 'normal' women today have to paint their faces, remove their hair and wear otherwise impractical and indecent clothing. This is slavery.

Sikh on the other hand is freedom to look just the way God intended and be judged on the content of your character not the appearance of your body.