Shocking! The Other Face Of Channel Punjab

Dear All,

Please read the following:

THE Channel Punjab on digital channel 828 is now seen as the forerunner in propagating Punjab, Punjabis and Punjabiat. However, recent events have come to light that suggest that channel Punjab is Punjabi only in name. They allow mindless and culture destroying songs like 'Hi Babli' and 'Ek Glassy' to play all day long, however when a man like Major Sandhu writes and sings a mind blowing song like 'Delhi', they flat out refuse. The song Delhi's chorus is 'Nee tu narkha nu javeh delhi diya sarkare' (i.e for your atrocities against the minorities indian government, hell is where you belong'). Now everybody on earth knows how Punjab as a land and Sikhi as a religion has been raped and pillaged in the self proclaimed world’s largest democracy. Yet nobody has ever had the courage to sing about it and release it in the mainstream Punjabi music market. Major Sandhu did just that, yet all so called Punjab's have turned their back on him. Desi Radio, Punjab Radio and now channel Punjab have all banned the song, because they are a tad scared of what the government might say to them.

Its time to lift the lid on these devious conniving people, who look like us, sound like us, but have been paid to ensure that we forget a vital aspect of our history, and that is the indian governments shameless tirade against the Sikh religion and the land of Punjab. Channel Punjab has the most powerful medium in their hands and that is the media, yet they choose to keep a lid on the movement for the freedom of the Sikh religion. They would much prefer to show some kirtan from Amritsar, a few kids Sikh camps but not delve into the issues that have left our religion so weak in India. What are they afraid of? The indian intelligence, special or armed forces are not going to be knocking on their door in the middle of the night to make sure they disappear forever. They enjoy the complete freedom that Britain has to offer, but instead of galvanizing our youth and propagating the truth (because our beloved Punjab is NOT rangla as channel Punjab suggests) these immoral money making machines will rather safeguard their pockets instead of our faith and land.

Now is the time to stand up to these people and show them that we are not stupid, we are not easily duped and will do our utmost to stand against your shameless channel and the moneymaking scoundrels that run it. We urge everyone to refuse to pay the subscription and on June 25, and hit them where it hurts, their pockets. Maybe then they will realise what it means to wear the garments of a Sikh and Punjabi in order to destroy it from the inside.

The number for channel Punjab is 0121 555 6663, feel free to contact them and ask them why this song is not allowed on their channel. Alternatively, just ignore them and do not be duped into paying for this anti-Punjab channel.

i once had a conversation wiv 1 of the directors ro sumin like tha, well he basically ran the station. he used to go on about how the gov't wer right to attacked akal takht. he even used to try an justify human rights abuses sayin it was all done for the greater good. he sort ov avoided me after that after i made my position on the whole subject clear.

not surprised to be quite honest!! i used to work there couple months ago and all i can say is ummmmmmm :umm:

so ya i hope that sums it up!!

and yeah the guy who is like one of the heads (uk base) in deciding what is aired etc in regards to songs/music videos is a bit of a clown!!! the amount of times we yelled and stuff over issues is countless. he's the son of some high rank police dude in india and he thinks the governments actions in 84 were justified and he laughs at anyone who takes Sikhi seriously (he thinks it not neccesary in this day and age) and also anyone who supports khalistan or even sympathizes with the human right atrocities etc i think i will stop there before i end up quoting him on some of his so called beliefs!!!

hit.gif