• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

reight bina na sikh kahavae, reight bina dar chotaa kavae

reight pyare mukh ko, sikh pyare nahi

I think these lines say ennough

But we are also supposed to mould our life according to bani

But our guru shall always remain Dhan Dhan Sri guru Granth Sahib je maharaj dasan patshaeea de jot

And this is included in maryada ;)

bhul chuk maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Waheguru jio!

I was wondering why i didnt see a decent discussable topic on the forum and when i found one .. wahegruu... it came from a 14 year old boy. ^_^ Singh i am myself 20 years old also in brampton, if i know i would give u a biggg hug rolleyes.gif

LOL .. now dont think anythin weird. ANyway i fully support what your tryin to say. We should go by how guru ji made us, and shouldnt go through change, guru ji made us rite.. BUT ppl do go through change, and maybe dats da wrong path. But we have to stick wit the path which our gurus have gave us.

Everything nowadays are a distraction!! TVs, Music, Internet etc... If u my brother have done that, my name says it ... im ur daas.

Give some more teachings, some elders always say i learn from my children. The young soles always have the blessings ;)

Bul chuk maph rolleyes.gif

Guru gobind singh je made us at point b

Khalsa Panth was made perfect, if we change the khalsa, we change what guru je made, and if we do that, we go against our guru

There is no further step past khalsa panth

It is the last step we need to take

To become khalsa and be firm in maryada

Reight has changed, i dont know why

Reight shold never have changed

Who are we to change what guru je made? He makes everything perfect as he is perfect and his creation should never change, and neither should the khalsa

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

The biggest problems about saying that we should not change (ie: the Khalsa should stay the way it is) are:

1. The world DOES change.

Regardless of if we want it or not, the world around us does change. People of the Khalsa used to be primarily peasants... now they are computer programmers, physicists, engineers, doctors! Whereas before the Khalsa rode horses, swung swords... would any Singh win a fight like that today? Not likely.

2. Many things that the original rehats have stated are now unclear

Unfortunately, many things get lost in the translation. Besides those who have achieved Waheguru, we commonfolk have no one to really ask what a gi

ven rehat means. (eg: In another post there was that issue about do not kill a black cow as present in the SGGS?...) The Akal Thakt rehat says that we cannot eat khatta meat... but does that include all meat? eggs? milk? The question that we have are endless... and unless it is defined for us, we don't know what to follow...

Just my opinion!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Guru gobind singh je made us at point b

Khalsa Panth was made perfect, if we change the khalsa, we change what guru je made, and if we do that, we go against our guru

There is no further step past khalsa panth

It is the last step we need to take

To become khalsa and be firm in maryada

Reight has changed, i dont know why

Reight shold never have changed

Who are we to change what guru je made? He makes everything perfect as he is perfect and his creation should never change, and neither should the khalsa

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

The biggest problems about saying that we should not change (ie: the Khalsa should stay the way it is) are:

1. The world DOES change.

Regardless of if we want it or not, the world around us does change. People of the Khalsa used to be primarily peasants... now they are computer programmers, physicists, engineers, doctors! Whereas before the Khalsa rode horses, swung swords... would any Singh win a fight like t

hat today? Not likely.

2. Many things that the original rehats have stated are now unclear

Unfortunately, many things get lost in the translation. Besides those who have achieved Waheguru, we commonfolk have no one to really ask what a given rehat means. (eg: In another post there was that issue about do not kill a black cow as present in the SGGS?...) The Akal Thakt rehat says that we cannot eat khatta meat... but does that include all meat? eggs? milk? The question that we have are endless... and unless it is defined for us, we don't know what to follow...

Just my opinion!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

waheguru ji!

I will trry to answer to my best as possible... bul chuk if i do make any mistakes.

1) Yes paaji your right the world does change. The world will always change. But we shouldnt change. Your right about fights what were faught in the past on horses and swords. But is what guru gobind singh ji told us to ride our horses and fight ... hmmm... swords yes... but not swords we call it ... siri sahib.. kirpan sahib... he gave us that and when we really really in the last defence we only then remove and only use it for defence for others and yourself. And about being more intelligent.. ask khalistan veerji already said education is good B)

2) Yes many rehats we follow i do sometimes think about them to ... i noticed in the akal takht one it did say dat... hmmm ... :T: ... kept me thinking there. But you gotta remember that on

e was made in the 1900's by a few older men ... in fact all men ... (someone correct me if im wrong ji)... and so a few mistakes r in there that a lot would debate about. That is why we have all these new rehats !?

Can someone add to this point i would like to know more also ... rolleyes.gif

bul chuk maph

I think khalistani ji is talking about change in terms of Sikhi, such as, we were not allowed to cut hair, and we not today; we were not allowed to commit adultry, we are not today; we were not allowed to drink, and we are not today; Guru Granth Sahib Ji was our Guru, and still Guru Granth Sahib Ji is today etc. etc. If you are talking about in these terms, I fully agree with you. In this sense Sikhi should NEVER change.

However, if you are saying change in terms of technology, then I have lil problem agreeing with it. As Pheena Ji have talked about change, everything is constantly changing. When this change would stopped, the would would end. It we had the same mean of transportaion, for example, as we had 500 years ago, we may not have ended up where we are now. The chahange in technology is inevitable and we have to change according to it, and this change does not make us less sikh.

bhul chuk di khima ;)

I think khalistani ji is talking about change in terms of Sikhi, such as, we were not allowed to cut hair, and we not today; we were not allowed to commit adultry, we are not today; we were not allowed to drink, and we are not today; Guru Granth Sahib Ji was our Guru, and still Guru Granth Sahib Ji is today etc. etc. If you are talking about in these terms, I fully agree with you. In this sense Sikhi should NEVER change.

However, if you are saying change in terms of technology, then I have lil problem agreeing with it. As Pheena Ji have talked about change, everything is constantly changing. When this change would stopped, the would would end. It we had the same mean of transportaion, for example, as we had 500 years ago, we may not have ended up where we are now. The chahange in technology is inevitable and we have to change according to it, and this change does not make us less sikh.

bhul chuk di khima ;)

Just wondering ,... isnt all this just nothin though ... somethin that jamdhoot (spelling check please) has put into this world and will always put to distract us...