Do We Need God?

The One

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well my question is do we really need god?

yup

why do we ahve to praise him to get his blessings?

If you just asking for his blessings then thats just you being selfish. You praise someone because you love them and see how good they are.

i dont wanna offend anyone but does god have an ego that he wants us to praise him???

he never asks us to praise him.

what some of us don't understand is that He can live without us, but its us who cannot live without Him. He is within every breath, every minute detail of nature. Without Him there is NOTHING! Without Him we cannot do anything.

Our aim is to return back to our source - Akaal Purakh - Only there we shall experience true bliss. This Maya-filled world only gives us temporary happiness, followed by pain.

Read Gurbani and you shall get all your answers.

yep guruji's sipahi, thnx

no god doesnt have an ego, we shudnt even think of it like that, in our lifes we are attached to many ppl, e.g. parents, and we might praise them in a different way, y do we do that? because they bring us up, look after etc, and GOD does the same, without waheguru we are nothing! so if we should praise god every second of the day because he is the giver and thanks to him, we are here today in human form.. and not in another incarnation.

dudda daata ek hai sabh ko dayvun haar

so y shudnt we praise the one who looks after everyone? the one who has given an oppourtunity to become gurmukh in this jeevan?

pull chuk marf

thnx.

well my question is do we really need god? why do we ahve to praise him to get his blessings? i dont wanna offend anyone but does god have an ego that he wants us to praise him???

i dont understand why one should praise god?

if you read mool mantar and japji sahib you will find out about your question, god is above ego.

• 1 month later...

are there atheists who are "good" people, who support families and encourage good values? of course there are...many people don't realize that Buddha was atheist. So if tht's ur question then yes...u can be a good person without god. I remember a katha once when it was said that even atheists find some measure of peace. If you're a believer, u can explain tht by saying tht atheists find god and thus find peace, but dont even know that they have found god...