Bhangra

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually the thing is i accept the things that are not possible for me. If doing the recitation 24/7 is possible for u, then i guess u are a superior human being than me. coz u are not ready to accept that its practically not possible.

with due respect brother i can say that it's impossible to be good for me.. would that justify me being bad? :wub:

• 3 weeks later...
Actually the thing is i accept the things that are not possible for me. If doing the recitation 24/7 is possible for u, then i guess u are a superior human being than me. coz u are not ready to accept that its practically not possible.

with due respect brother i can say that it's impossible to be good for me.. would that justify me being bad? :wub:

Brother, actually, what u say never justifies ur gudness or badness. What justifies is ur deeds. If i say that i am (not really talking bout myself, just hypothesis) a great gurmukh and am very close to guru jo or something doesnt make me a gurmukh. To really justify my statement, i need to do all that a gurmukh does. Actually i dont need to justify anything, the ppl are no one to judge me. The final lekha-jokha will be done by the akaal purakh after my death only and i shud prove to be gud there and there only. Justifications to the world Dont matter!!!!

WJKK WJKF

how will a 1 hour bhangra session astray u from naam, unless gianis like u do naam simran 24/7? Bhangra ta khoon vich haiga lol, its part of the sikh punjabi pride and it will stay like that, only "gursikhs" in abroad have problems with bhangra but everyone is cool in punjab..

guru sahib says...there is no use for dancing and listening to music that will astray you from naam.

sorry i do not have the exact tuk...but it is definetly true.

how will a 1 hour bhangra session astray u from naam, unless gianis like u do naam simran 24/7? Bhangra ta khoon vich haiga lol, its part of the sikh punjabi pride and it will stay like that, only "gursikhs" in abroad have problems with bhangra but everyone is cool in punjab..

How dare you write "sikh" and "punjabi" together in one sentence :wub: , Bhangra is PO. jamdoot.gif

*misses the fireworks on the forum* :wub:

a) i don't dance

b) i take the akirtghan stance, and say if someone else wants to, i don't care. I don't do it at receptions or whatever, but i love others doing it cuz it at least brings some khushi... and for those people that think that "every song is horrible", you're living in a world of ignorance, and your judgement of dancers is equal to any person who insults without any knowlege on the matter

like i said.. i don't dance.. i used to in high school.. and then i decided it wasn't a productive thing for me in my jeevan. That's MY choice, not a blanket statement.

but...here's a shabad, and i'm gona post the link, cuz almost every line makes a reference to a dance... now obviously, it's a stretch, it's talking about a devotional dance, but here you go.

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=1478

bhangra is a big thing in my family and in the punjabi culture, if u cant do bhangra in my family then u cant do....?. I do bhangra atleast every week and there's nothing wrong in it, I feel proud when I do bhangra on a punjabi song, buraaah lol. U guys who are born in a punjabi family and acting all like gursikhs have a depressed life with no bhangra lol j/k haha.

Bhangra is big joke now. I can't believe how dirty some bhangra videos are these days. Having half naked girls dancing to bhangra music in their videos is total disrespect to our sisters. I never will support bhangra (and bollywood) until they clean up their act.

• 4 months later...
What's sangat's view on amritdharees=bhangra. I personally think its wrong, but some tuks from Gurbani and personal insight would be nice.

hmmm i don't know what to say. on one side i think it is wrong because whenever i listen to music i know i get my mind off of gurbani nitnam but then on the other hand amritdhari are also people and have feelings so they want to have some fun too. so i don't know where i stand in this because dancing and listening to music a lot seperates you from gurbani but sometimes some people i think don't understand that amritdhari's are normal human beings they like having fun, being with friends and family but the difference is they care about religion and beleive in Guru Ji :WW: