Bhangra

if i have to choose from relegion and bhangra. i will choose relegion practise. but as i was in bhangra team back when i was in punjab i want to say if some want to have fun listen to those songs which describe our culture for example ranglay punjab di sifat sunava jithay rub vargian mavan......

i know many ppl of r going to be mad at me cauz of bhangra but thatz what i was when i was in school ( punjab)

maffi ji

gurfateh

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i have to choose from relegion and bhangra. i will choose relegion practise. but as i was in bhangra team back when i was in punjab i want to say if some want to have fun listen to those songs which describe our culture for example ranglay punjab di sifat sunava jithay rub vargian mavan......

i know many ppl of r going to be mad at me cauz of bhangra but thatz what i was when i was in school ( punjab)

maffi ji

gurfateh

well singh-khalsa I think thats because theres not much sikhi left in punjab

even I was like that when I was in india

I come here now I realise it was not good

how will a 1 hour bhangra session astray u from naam, unless gianis like u do naam simran 24/7? Bhangra ta khoon vich haiga lol, its part of the sikh punjabi pride and it will stay like that, only "gursikhs" in abroad have problems with bhangra but everyone is cool in punjab..

yea right dude. Bhangra is part of sikhi? Show me which guru was a bhangra master? Tell me of an incident of any of our gurus ever dancing?

There is no such thing as punjabi pride. Punjabi is the language. But people have turned it into their excuse for taking us away from Sikh Pride.

Just becasue "everyone" is cool with it in punjab doesnt mean <admin-profanity filter activated>. People in punjab are dumb as hell these days. "Everyone" in punjab is also cool with cutting hari, eating meat, and drinking, so does that make it right? Hell no!! But you know why its gonna stay like that? because "everyone" in punjab thinks like you do my bro. And thats the damn problem, we dont wanna realize what the turth is, but only wanna do things we like doing, or only do things that everyone else does. Why not things that guru ji wants us doing??

again people dont understand the concept of sacrifice......

bhangra is a big thing in my family and in the punjabi culture, if u cant do bhangra in my family then u cant do....?. I do bhangra atleast every week and there's nothing wrong in it, I feel proud when I do bhangra on a punjabi song, buraaah lol. U guys who are born in a punjabi family and acting all like gursikhs have a depressed life with no bhangra lol j/k haha.

Again, show me when ours gurus did bhangra, and then tell me if they were deppressed of it??

You do bhangra every week huh? sweet! Tell us how many times you do nitneam? Tell us how many times you get up early and do naam simran?

You feel proud when you do bhangra? and then what happens when you do paath? no pide? what happens when you do kirtan(if you do it) no pride? what happens you do gatka? no pride??

We acting like we have depressed life?

Well your acting like sikhy and bhangra have connection in life. And your making it seem like they gone togehter ever since sikhy started.

Come on bro, whats up with that??

I will admit, and i find it quite shameful, although many people on here are quite relaxed about it, but i did used to listen to bhangra before i knew about sikhi, my parents and uncles n all that had it on all the time.

But when I found sikhi and realised that it was my path and I first consiously heard Kirtan and started listening to Kirtan, I threw out all the music and deleted all the mp3s of music and basically since then iv been listening to Kirtan, and amazing kirtan,there is so much available on the net too and I just dont want to listen to Bhangra, it just reminds me of the Manmat jeevan and also the only memory I have when i hear bhangra (or most music) is things like alcohol and meat and the half naked women they show in them dance videos these days.

I think its a stage which we all go through, we all do things and think 'a little bit of fun is ok' , or i know some ppl who say, ' i want to switch off from the sikhi side of thing' etc etc iv heard alot of things, some i used to think myself. But a time comes when your love is so much for sikhi and your guru that you make that transition to where you don't need anything else. ITs all about realisation, we are here to get mukti, culture, colour of the skin, race does not matter, we are also not here to tell others what to do...........................

If you cant listen to kirtan and read bani and do naam all the time then 'try' to, try harder and harder, look at the Chardikala Gursikhs and our Gurus, they didnt just become Chardikala over night, they had to do naam through many life times and throught their human life, they didnt listen to music , so we shouldnt either, we will live as our Father told us.

But when I found sikhi and realised that it was my path and I first consiously heard Kirtan and started listening to Kirtan, I threw out all the music and deleted all the mp3s of music and basically since then iv been listening to Kirtan, and amazing kirtan,there is so much available on the net too and I just dont want to listen to Bhangra, it just reminds me of the Manmat jeevan and also the only memory I have when i hear bhangra (or most music) is things like alcohol and meat and the half naked women they show in them dance videos these days.

So true, ^^^^good point.

we will live as our Father told us.

Damn straight we will!!