Muslim Says Guru Nanak Was Muslim

soorma84

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

i recentli saw a vidoe on youtube that outraged me.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX2o_7EX-hc ..it is a muslim hu seems 2 no our scriptures well talking about how guru nanak was a muslim..we need as many people as possible 2 address this fool and prove him rong..post as many comments as u can on this video and shut him up

Maybe the muslims should try and follow Guru Nanak Dev jee's Gurmat if they want Guruji so badly to be a muslim! If they love Guru Nanak Dev ji so much then why are they following a lecherous Mohammad.?

They should stop pelting stones at the devil in Mecca, worship a stone, treat women like sexual objects, thinking that there are virgins and wine waiting for them, have the right to keep and rape slaves, yadah yadah yadah,.........

Guru Nanak Dev jee did not teach this rubbish.

Q. Some Muslim scholars claim that Guru Nanak was a Muslim, using various textbooks to examine the way of life and practices of Guru Nanak. Is this believable?

A: Writing such books the authors simply try to disturb the hornet's nest. The Sikhs do not pick holes in other's coats. A Sikh respects every person's belief and does not intentionally wish to cause hurt to someone's sentiments. To call such authors true "Muslims," as in the eyes of Guru Nanak Sahib jee, would be regrettable.

ਮ: ੧ ॥

ਪੰਜਿ ਨਿਵਾਜਾ ਵਖਤ ਪੰਜਿ ਪੰਜਾ ਪੰਜੇ ਨਾਉ ॥

ਪਹਿਲਾ ਸਚੁ ਹਲਾਲ ਦੁਇ ਤੀਜਾ ਖੈਰ ਖੁਦਾਇ ॥

ਚਉਥੀ ਨੀਅਤਿ ਰਾਸਿ ਮਨੁ ਪੰਜਵੀ ਸਿਫਤਿ ਸਨਾਇ ॥

ਕਰਣੀ ਕਲਮਾ ਆਖਿ ਕੈ ਤਾ ਮੁਸਲਮਾਣੁ ਸਦਾਇ ॥

ਨਾਨਕ ਜੇਤੇ ਕੂੜਿਆਰ ਕੂੜੈ ਕੂੜੀ ਪਾਇ ॥੩॥

"First Mehl: (For Muslims) there are five prayers and five times of day for prayer (for them); the five have five (different) names. (But the true prayers are these –) The first prayer is to speak the truth, the second prayer is honestly earned living, and the third is asking for the good of all in the Name of God. The fourth prayer is to keep one's intentions clean, keeping the mind clean, and the fifth prayer is to praise the greatness of the Lord. (Alongside these five prayers) repeat the physical prayer (Kalima) of keeping a high moral character, you may call yourself a Muslim (meaning, only then one can call themselves a true Muslim). O Nanak! (Those who are parted from these prayers and kalima) however many they are they are merchants of falsehood, and falsehood's honour is only false. ||3||"

(Ang 141)

As in Sukhmani Sahib Guru Sahib re-defined Baishno, Pandit, etc. and the new definition, if someone follows it, makes that person a Sikh, in the same way Guru Nanak Sahib jee is re-defining what a Muslim is and if someone follows this new definition, they are no longer a Muslim of the faith of Muhammed but a Sikh on the path of Gurmat.

If Guru Nanak Sahib jee had been a Muslim he would have done the following:

1. He would have written the whole Muslim Kalima or at least Bismillah ur Rehman ur Rahim at the head of every composition.

2. He would not have produced another set of hymns when the Quran was available already.

3. He would himself have initiated Bhai Lehna jee (the second Sikh Guru) to Islam and instructed him to visit Mecca for Hajj (pilgrimage - one of the five pillars of Islam) every year. Neither any Guru nor their followers visited Mecca after Guru Nanak Sahib jee.

4. He would have copiously praised the Quran and mentioned the name of the Hazrat Mohammed reverently. There is nohing to that end in Sri Guru Granth Sahib jee.

5. He would not have criticised the Muslim practices. His invectives especially against Roza (fasting) and Qazis (Muslim priests) are too much for a Muslim to swallow.

This post has been edited by sher_panjabi: Dec 13 2006, 07:15 PM

--------------------

http://manvirsingh.blogspot.com/

http://forums.waheguroo.com/Q-and-A-Was-Gu...lim-t16952.html

The mulsims claimed guru nanak was theirs

the hindus claimed he was theirs,

the ridhs , sidhs yogis, and everywher guru sahib went, so the people claimed he was theirs and he was, after all he is the sat guru for mankind and you would be a fool to not say he is your own..............let not slander other faiths, guru sahib distinguished them selves from religion and people cant change the truth so lets not become papis by our reaction but just focus on Guru nanaks message ourselves

The mulsims claimed guru nanak was theirs

the hindus claimed he was theirs,

the ridhs , sidhs yogis, and everywher guru sahib went, so the people claimed he was theirs and he was, after all he is the sat guru for mankind and you would be a fool to not say he is your own..............let not slander other faiths, guru sahib distinguished them selves from religion and people cant change the truth so lets not become papis by our reaction but just focus on Guru nanaks message ourselves

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

:TH:

Waheguroo jee ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo jee kee Fateh!

this is my reply, which is waiting approval.

First off, what is the Literal meaning of the word "Muslim"? It is "ONE WHO HAS SUBMITTED TO GOD". In the tukhs (verses) you have given Guroo Sahib is actually saying that the people of the faith of Islam, who call themselves muslims, have not actually submited to God, he is then telling the TRUE ways of submitting to God.

In the first verse you have given, Guroo Sahib Ji has NOT used the word Prophet ANYWHERE in that verse. My Guroo Ji used the words, "Muhane" which is a variation of "Muhammed", so you are putting up an incorrect translation onto the video, there is a big difference between giving the founder of Islam's name, and actually calling someone a prophet.

Im actually quite surprised you put up the second verse, as that is actually a critising Circumcision and fasting, and saying that instead of doing those things, you should be modest and have good conduct and that there is no need for Circumcision and fasts.

The third verse you have given is also a critism of the ritualistic Muslim 5 a day prayer. It is saying to Muslims who carry out the RITUAL of praying 5 times a day, without actually meaning it, that instead they should be truthful, have honest living, recite the name of God, have good will to all, and to praise the Lord. I believe that that is quite different to the 5 prayers of the Muslims, no?

This is the first time I have heard about Guroo Sahibs Chola having such things written on it, would you care to provide some SOLID evidence (i dont mean wikipedia or a muslim website) Then I will look at the issue further. Nonetheless, Guroo Nanak Dev Ji was Nirankar (the formless Lord), he was above religion, he could do anything he wanted.

My beloved Guroo Sahibs wife was Mata Sulakhni Ji, daughter of Mool Chand, who is recorded as a Jatt (although i am merely stating the caste, historcially for the sake of argument), doesnt sound like a muslim to me mate.

"Guru Nanak was born a hindu, he later converted to Islam”, Completely baseless claim.

“Came to a muslim for advice”, Would you care to specify who this muslim was?

Guroo Nanak Dev Ji was able to go into your muslim cities as Guroo Nanak Dev Ji is Nirankar (the formless Lord) himself! You tell me can any man stop God from going where he pleases?

Actually, now you are showing your lack of knowledge on your own religion of Islam! You are referring to Farid Shakarganj Sahib the one who was a Muslim that spread Islam, who died in 1265, long before Guroo Nanak Dev Ji’s coming to this Earth. It was this Farid Shakarganj’s tenth descendant, Farid Sani Ji AKA Shaik Brahm, who us Sikhs refer to as Bhagat Farid Ji, was the Farid Ji that was connected to Guroo Nanak Dev Ji NOT Farid Shakarganj. It is this Bhagat Farid Sani Ji who’s bani is included in supreme Guroo Granth Sahib Ji Mahraj, this Farid Sani Ji also met Guroo Nanak Dev Ji. In Bhagat Farid Sani Ji’s bani, he uses the word “Guroo”, first off this would indicate that this Farid Sani Ji, unlike is ancestor Farid Shakarganj, was NOT a Muslim, as Guroo is not a word used by muslims, and the fact that Bhagat Farid Sani Ji met Guroo Nanak Dev Ji means that the Guroo being refered to in Bhagat Farid Sani Ji’s bani is Guroo Nanak Dev Ji himself, which makes Bhagat Farid Sani Ji a Sikh, a disiple of Guroo Nanak!

Actually my beautiful Sri Guroo Gobind Singh Ji Mahraj (whom you have insulted, so that if I do have the displeasure of ever meeting you I will punch in the face) is Guroo Nanak Dev Ji himself, as in writings Guroo Nanak Dev Ji has referred to coming back in the tenth form of Guroo Gobind Singh Ji.

If you want more proof that it wasn’t Guroo Gobind Singh Ji that started the new panth, Guroo Nanak Dev Ji Mahraj actually started his own religion, because he would initiate Sikhs through is own baptismal ceremony of Charan Pahul, which is a blatant act of a distinct religion.

Finally I hope this aint deleted, and that you have enough balls to reply to a kuffar like me :wub: . Khalsa Panth Zindabad, Gursikhi Zindabad.

Any Muslim who dares write revelation and doesn't believe in the Quran as the final and only word of God is a Kafir and not a Muslim. Guru Sahib wrote Dhur ki baani.

Hindus revere the vedas, shahshtras, Puranas, gita etc etc etc. I guess in their religion you don't have to believe in any scripture and still be Hindu, which personally seems a bit insulting to the sacredness of their scriptures, in their faith. Kind of shows how much value they actually put on them.

In sikhi, if someone believes in anything other than Guru Granth sahib Ji as the guru. he/she is not a sikh, reinforced by the sikh rehit Maryada.

so in conclusion, just the mere existence of Sri Guru Granth sahib Ji as Dhur ki Baani(word of God), crushes these outrageous claims of guru sahib being a Muslim, Hindu or whatever.

peace.

Guest Dancing Warrior

I’ve debated with these guys a few times in college debates and on the net, they always have extracts of Guru Jis Bani that they have obviously misquoted and manipulated to suit their argument something also a lot of Sikhs also do. Personally I never use Bani in any form to backup an argument to me its heresy and blasphemy, I have only once quoted a line from the Ardas.

Shiism or Shia Islam have always laid claims to Sikh Gurus, and a vast elements of Sikhism even initiation, codes of conduct of the Khalsa. True there are many similarities but that does not make them the same The spectrum of Shiism is vast and if one is educated enough they can apply systems that are similar through Shiism and Sikhism. However unlike Sikhism in Shiism there is no collective, no single school of thought that demonstrates a parallel thinking and thus totally debunks the idea of mimicking of Islam by Sikhism.

Another argument the Islamics use is that Guru Nanak Dev Ji recited the Muslim call to prayer in Baghdad therefore according the Islamic law Guru Ji confirmed his faith as a Muslim. Firstly Our Gurus are not bound by Islamic Law as is the case for most of the civilised world. During a debate When these fanatics pendus wouldn’t listen so I recited the same prayer as Guru Ji albeit in London and not Baghdad and I assured them I was still a Sikh and a Singh of Guru Nanak! They were gob smacked! wacko.gif Speechless! I said to them

“You See The Power Of My Guru” :nihungsmile: