Unmarried Non Virgins

I read this on sikhnet and i wanted to know what others think............i.e. if a person who is a virgin but met someone who wasnt what should they do or feel????? i suppose it is an issue that affects a virgins and non virgins alike so i wanted to know what the rest of you guys and girls thought about this.

''Sat Siri Akaal. While the ideal for Sikhs might be to be virgins before marriage, you can be assured that it is not a requirement to be Sikh or to be married. That would be practically impossible.

Unmarried non-virgins are not 'bad' people! Sex is NOT a sin. Sex out of lust is one of the 5 'enemies' or 'passions' that a Sikh is encouraged to learn to control. Sex outside of marriage is often called a "sin" but Sikhi does not consider non-virgins 'bad' people, although there is no shortage of people out there would consider you to be bad because of this.

Many grooms insist that their brides be virgins, but that is applied one-sidedly. It is certainly NOT Sikh to INSIST that a bride be a virgin."

in sikhism it says you shoud not sleep with anyone before marriage. when you say it is not sikh to insist a bride be a virgin...im getting confused on this part. i believe men as well as women should not sleep with anyone before marriage. and if they have done so their not living the life of a true sikh as gurus taught. so thus as i hope i never sleep with anyone before marriage is it not fair to want a virign as a wife. and the same the other way round if a women has not slept with anyone before marriage she is totally entitled to want a virign husband. im just confused on what you mean by it is not sikh to insist a bride be a virgin. i thought a tru gursikh should be entitiled to a virgin wife or husband.

lastly if one individual is a virgin and the other is not, is it wrong not to marry them because of this. or shoud you just accept it.''

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm........boy someone confused.........tuk me tree times to read before i understood wot the problem was tongue.gif

well use ur common sense that wot i think....................if girl/guy isnt a virgin but has adopted a gursikh jeevan who are we to reject and punish them bcos of mistakes that they ahve made but also they have learned from...........

im sure if the virgin party was in the shoes on the non-virgin party they would not wished to be judged on that hanna?

now if you got apotential non virgon spouse who has not learnet grom the errors of their ways and is only intent on forming a relationship with u from materialistic means they would y want to spend the rest of ur lives with them regardless of them being a virgin or not.............?

this is a very trivial topic and each to their own...................

but in terms of a "sikhi" attitude to the situation.........my humble opinion is that a true sikh of wahguru see His Roop in all mankind................

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm........boy someone confused.........tuk me tree times to read before i understood wot the problem was tongue.gif

well use ur common sense that wot i think....................if girl/guy isnt a virgin but has adopted a gursikh jeevan who are we to reject and punish them bcos of mistakes that they ahve made but also they have learned from...........

im sure if the virgin party was in the shoes on the non-virgin party they would not wished to be judged on that hanna?

now if you got apotential non virgon spouse who has not learnet grom the errors of their ways and is only intent on forming a relationship with u from materialistic means they would y want to spend the rest of ur lives with them regardless of them being a virgin or not.............?

this is a very trivial topic and each to their own...................

but in terms of a "sikhi" attitude to the situation.........my humble opinion is that a true sikh of wahguru see His Roop in all mankind................

i agree with that but we live in a society where if a woman has made mistakes in her past but has learned from them then she is judged more harshly still than a man in the similar situation.

Double standards between men and women

men wit many gf's = player

women wit many bf's = <admin-profanity filter activated>

Men proud of not being virgin beofre marriage..

..but want an innocent virgin to get married to

Challo..

I agree especially with that proud thing................

*edited*