Kaam And Marriage

Guest Guest

Love means" give and take....u give love and you expect love in return"

not according to the famous dialogues of Bollywood "Love is about giving not taking" rolleyes.gif

lol

On a serious note, i agree kaam krodh lobh moh hankar should be controlled rather than destroyed. I can provide quite a few references (not from Gurbani because I don't like using Gurbani 1-liners to point towards my argument) but to truthfully I can't be bothered :D

Believe what you want. If you're confused seek help.. and if you're kool then chillax :TH:

Gurbar Akaal!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people have a problem with Kaam, for them it means sexual desire. But the Guru's state that having sexual desire for your spouse is not a sin in sikhi.

Kaam with Hatred = Sin

Anger with hatred = Sin

Jealousy with hatred = Sin

Let me give you an example.

My dad once said to me that he was jealous of the life that I was living, because his own mother denied him the freedoms that I now enjoy. I was living life to the fulliest in my prime years while he was denied that.

I said to him "Isn't jeolousy wrong?"

He said it would be wrong if he was jealous of me and hated me for it, but because he loved me that jealousy had no power over him, and it reminded him of the wrong that his mother did onto him.

For me, of all the 5 sins Anger is worst. Because this vice is symbolic of Hate, which is the opposite to Love.

Sikhi is very logical, the problem is you need to put in the effort and contemplate it, think it through. Sikhi is not about the repetition of Gurbani to gain brownie points with God, but the contemplation of Gurbani, once you have got it then the next step is to live your life by that new understanding.

• 4 weeks later...
Bhai Sahib this is your first warning for that comment.

Whoo! hold on minute there! what's the reasoning behind that?

My comment was thought proking and 'water tight'.

Updated: talikhaak I think I sent you a private message.

no it wasnt.........