Sikhs Do Feel British Rather Than Indian

lsingh

Well i feel british more than indian, but that's mainly becuase my punjabi is appalling!

I think the interesting thing is that all of my white friends don't have a problem when i wear indian clothes or say i can't meet them becuase of a cultural event or something.

However alot of indian people i know are the ones who go on and on about it if i wear indian clothes, or say i can't meet them. I think they're unnessesarily worried about 'fitting in' when clearly it's not that big a deal to white people!

I want to be part of the dharti where such chardi kala singhs have walked, where mosto f the worlds spiritual people were born.............................. obviously theres alot of bad things happened in india (lolts n lots of bad stuf), but everything is ther, the 5 takhats are there and so much more so i will always want to be part of that.................and not of a country who takes pride in its drink culture and its cities are simply known for the number of night clubs etc.............

Why can't we take pride in being Khalistanis? Isn't that supposed to be the goal of our kaum.

Many ppl ask me of my origin if i am an indian but i say i am a khalistani or an extremist, hardliner radical or seperatist even though i hold an indian passport i deny being an indian coz india means an enemy state to me and everytime i have to give a detailed explanation about khalistan and it's occupation but i am cool with it. I am proud of being a Khalistani and i explain the reasons to ppl . I feel deeply offended inside being called as an indian though it's okay being called a panjabi.

I want to be part of the dharti where such chardi kala singhs have walked, where mosto f the worlds spiritual people were born.............................. obviously theres alot of bad things happened in india (lolts n lots of bad stuf), but everything is ther, the 5 takhats are there and so much more so i will always want to be part of that.................and not of a country who takes pride in its drink culture and its cities are simply known for the number of night clubs etc.............

I am surprised about the Hindus only 46% think they are British, is this the effect of hardline groups like the RSS and VHP in their community?

British Sikh is the term the media and Government should use instead of Indian.

just my 2cents worth

i feel as soon as a child is born in the UK or away from their mother-land u do loose ur identity............think about it..................if we all lved in India would there be as many sikhs cutting their hair etc etc etc to fit into society..........i feel many asians loose their roots trying to fit in...............i grew up cuttin my hair eating meat etc and thinking it was acceptable cos "everyone else doing it"

But at the same time Sikhi would not have worldwide recogonition if it werent for chardi kalah gursikhs settling in other countries and taking sikhi with them........................

ive spent the last yr discovering who i am and i now know im definatly not British but at the same time im not Indian

Im JustME........... :wub: ...............im a (wannabe) Sikh.......................theres my identity..............waheguru is my identity has He causes me to be seen, ignored, hated, loved...................i dont think its about where you are from.................its about wots inside you.................thats wot makes ur identity........and not these terms of classifications according to where you are born....................

bhul chuck maafi

just my 2cents worth

i feel as soon as a child is born in the UK or away from their mother-land u do loose ur identity............think about it..................if we all lved in India would there be as many sikhs cutting their hair etc etc etc to fit into society..........i feel many asians loose their roots trying to fit in...............i grew up cuttin my hair eating meat etc and thinking it was acceptable cos "everyone else doing it"

But at the same time Sikhi would not have worldwide recogonition if it werent for chardi kalah gursikhs settling in other countries and taking sikhi with them........................

ive spent the last yr discovering who i am and i now know im definatly not British but at the same time im not Indian

Im JustME........... :wub: ...............im a (wannabe) Sikh.......................theres my identity..............waheguru is my identity has He causes me to be seen, ignored, hated, loved...................i dont think its about where you are from.................its about wots inside you.................thats wot makes ur identity........and not these terms of classifications according to where you are born....................

bhul chuck maafi

So true with little or no support from parents children get lost in the darkness but Vaheguru lights our path.