Why Sikhs Shouldn’t Celebrate Indian Independence

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the aspect of celebration is whatshould bne debated here. for all the pros and cons of being within india or outside of it, the definite fact is that the Sikhs did not recieve their full due form the indian govt. Nehru promised an autonomous state with he reneged on. And also claiming no laws would be passed unless the Sikhs acceted them first.

with these promises, the SIkh leaders thought that our future as a minority (1.8) would not be a problem. However our leaders could not keep up with the indian leaders. they blagged us into joiining india, withn promises they knew they could never keep.

This came to light only 2 moinths after when a secret circular was passed to all the hindu govt members , but one also was sent to Kapur Singh by mistake, and he revealed what the govt had in store for the Sikhs, by refering to them as a lawless and criminal people.

and many more things have happened since then.

However i dont celebrate independence and i would never encourage it either. I feel that we as a communit have lost so much, especially in West Punjab. So that in itself is a reason to mourn rather than celebrate.

In India I carry a twelve bore shotgun , Automatic Kalashnikov, as many shastars as I can physically carry, in England my kirpan if over three inches can get me thrown in jail,

I’m free in England and a slave in India……..ye rite! LOL.gif

Yeah rite rolleyes.gif You can carry a Kalashnikov in India. Maybe because the police in India know the ones who had the guts to use their Kalashnikovs in defence of Sikhi are gone and only the kuchay peelay with plastic kalashnikovs remain. v1.gif

In India I carry a twelve bore shotgun , Automatic Kalashnikov, as many shastars as I can physically carry, in England my kirpan if over three inches can get me thrown in jail,

I’m free in England and a slave in India……..ye rite! LOL.gif

DW, one cannot measure one's freedom by the size or amount of weapons one carries. This duznt make sense.

One aspect of freedom which we have in England is the freedom to experession. Now in the UK there are many nations who wish to have more power for themselves ie the Scots and the Welsh. If the Govt started to kill Scots and Welsh people in false encounters then you may justify your claim. However this is never going to happen.

None of these communites live in fear from govt or police. none of these people have their lives at risk. None of these communities carry weapons ak's 12 bores etc.

In india this happened so many times that communities seeking more power have been crushed ie sikhs kashmiris, nagas, mirozamis etc. all want more power but have to suffer the consequences of being "free".

So what if some of them, like yourself carry weapons. They havent the power to say what they feel.

Also i want to tell you of something that Sant Jarnail Singh said " if you keep a weapon and do misdeeds that is a big sin, however if you keep a weapon and allow zulm to occur then thats an even bigger sin."

So you may have many weapons but whats the use of them if you never fight zulm. You may as well keep a tin-opener in your kamrkasa, it will be just as effective.

so the fact that you can't go out and buy a weapon without a license is restricting you as a Sikh? I hope you realize how ridiculous that is. The fact that you have a legal option to buy weapons can never restrict you, much less restrict your religion.

While we agree that our community has not been "treated fairly", you can say that for many other communities. The fact is, everyone does get "treated unfairly". Whether its blacks in America (before the 60s), or Jews in Nazi Germany, or Africans throughout the last 3-400 years, there are many examples. I don't mean to belittle any crimes, I'm saying that this has happened before to others as well. And what did they do? Try every option to work against the inertia of their times to topple longstanding notions others had against them. Does that require weapons? In self-defense and as a last resort, yes, but more than that it requires political (i.e., social) action. Like what MLK did.

Another thing to note is that the first step people use to justify killing someone else is that they are victims. So treat every such claim carefully, because more often than not, the person making it has their own agenda. Even in our community, there have been traitors. Look back to Ranjit Singh's time and you see plenty of it. Look at the past half-century and there are still more examples of it. Its like when someone praises a car, and tells you you just have to buy it, you have to see if he owns it or not (and that's his agenda).

Earlier post in general section from a girl

Do you have idea what Hindustan has done to sikhs

1) Operation Blue Star

2)1984 Sikh genocide.

3)Operation Black Thunder

4)Killing of one lakh sikhs in fake encounters.

Raping young women in front of there family members in Police stations.

Killing of innocent sikhs for rewards.

Making fun of Sikhs in all hindu films.

No leader was prosecuted for 1984.

Do you loose anyone in that turbulent times, because those hwho have lost can only feel that pain to its true extent.

RSS is want to destroy Separate Sikh identity. I will say you have only a image that India is great as you live only in India and most of news are censored.

jagdish tytler and Sajjan kumar were never prosecuted and Tytler even get a berth in cabinet and later removed.

Hindustan has only given false promises to sikhs.

Bill Clinton has said that 36 Sikhs were massacared by Indian intelligence in village of Chattisinghpura just before his visit. They have intelligence reports but he cannot save sikhs by cancelling his trip because of diplomatic reasons. So a country which treats sikhs as second class citizens cannot be of sikhs.

How can you accept sikhs registering there marriage under Hindu marriage act.

Giving water to haryana and rajasthan when water table is dropping in punjab.

Sikh reference library that was taken from sikhs and never returned.

Portraying of sikhs as separatists even when dera followers attach us in bathinda by Hindustan media.

Brother it is only a temporary debacle untill we find some good leader, and never know what is the wish of God.

Regards.

Hindustan hate sikhs, and if you are proud its your ignorence.

Guest Dancing Warrior
i aint ur bruv? maybe u shud start actin like those khalseh u always describing. ur always talkin about todays extremist sikhs etc being hate filled. ur jus as hatefilled as those u describe. u make me laugh.

rolleyes.gif you may want to go back and read the posts you post and the ones I do, then come back and tell me who’s hate filled and extreme.

Jassa has replid to girl as

Following is the post by jassa.

-----------------------------------------------

Hi;

I agree only sikhs are at fault, Hindua wants to protect Akal Takht;

Now explane

1)Is Bill Clinton wrong, Indian intelligence dont kill innocent singhs in Chattisinghpura, So CIA is wrong.

any link or just a punjab kesri news ... i mean u have any source u have used CIA ... it must be on net ...

2)1984 Sikhs were killed indian military not by sikh regiment.

sikhs form 20 % of indian army .... and if u see pictures u will see many turbaned sikhs marching ... if u havent seen i yet i will post just let me know

3)In bluestar Hindus distribute ladoos and the main commander arora was not a sikh but a Patit.

he was not arora but brar G.S Brar... this shows what first hand information u have regarding operation blue star lol

4)Prime minister Indira gandhi was responsible for this attack.

govt of india ... and giani zail singh signed the attack orders

5)All sikhs that were killed by police were only done by Sikh Police, Hindus only try to protect them.

it was both hindus and sikh officers NOT only hindus NOR only sikhs

6)Hindu govt does not want to give Sikh reference Library.

99 % of hindus living in punjab dont even have a clue whats sikhs refrence library is

7)Is nothing in Hindu marriage Act objectionable.

have u seen any sikh leader in parliament talking about it ????

8)Is RSS a saviour of Sikhs.

they are kattar hindus just like a kattar sikh i m replying to ... if they were born in sikh family they would have grown hindu haters ... no one has clue about god

9)Indian media always want to portray sikhs as terrorists and one with no intelligence.

always ??? what about harayanvi and bhaiya and lale jokes .... any sikh from india reading how many verma sharma jokes he get in a day and how many santa banata jokes he get in a day ????

10)News are biased against Sikhs.

they are also against hindus ask any hindu he would say same thing ... no one is or will be satisfied with news ....

11)Gobind Ram who say he will kill all sikhs.

WHO is he ???? lol

12)Editor of jag bani, jeevan Ram????????

whats the point ???

13)Prime minister says "Sikh ik mujrayem shuda kaum hai".

any source or he just came in ur dream and said ????

14)Water is given to haryana and rajasthan.

that water came from kashmir and himachal pradesh ... what if himchal pardesh govt has narrow thinking like u ???? do punjab produce its own water ????

15)Sikhs going to Asian games were mercilessly beaten in haryana.

1983 ... 2007 manager of olympic indian asscociation is a sikh ... stop living in past live in present that will make urs and kaums future bright

16)congress govt Sonia gandhi gives cabinet Birth to Jagdish Tytler.

he is thrown out of cabinet now wasnt he

Now answer me

1)How many Nihangs die at Blue star, I assume that when firing starts most of them ran away, this is your beer ras.

lol ... khalsa doing nindeya just to prove his point ... then they wonder why is not panth in chardikalla ... nihungs have done and are doing enough ... work on u rather then others

2)Akal takht war recreated by jathedar of Budha dal, to remove all the symbols of attack; when there are symbols of jallianwalabagh preserved why not for blue Star.

ok u want harimander sahib broken and bullets ... are u going their for bhakti and for blessing of guru ram das or for a picnic ????

3)Nihang Phoola was involved in murder of many Kharkoos.

he is nang go and shoot him instead of being soorma on net ... people cant even face nangs forget come face to face with nihungs

4)the reality is that after commiting crime many people join nihangs, it is truth.

lol are u trying to be funny or some thing ... one can be nihung only by taking khande di paul

5)many nihangs were agents of indian Govt.

thats one damn funny one liner i have ever heard .... can u name any five ...

You are in deep ignorence, see our history. Sikhs are the mere puppets evrything is done by Hindu nationalists.

sikhs are not puppets but few are trying to make them i can see few on the site ....

gandhi, Nehru Pariwar are the desendents of gangu,who was responsible for shaheddi of saheebjadas, so taht is why they hate us.

gandhi and nehru were loosers whats ur point ???

RSS wants to destroy Sikh history, ideology.

yes they are kattars just like many sikhs ... if such sikhs were born in hindu families these sikhs would have grown as hindu haters ... and if such hindus were born in sikh families they would have grown as hindu haters ... both have nothing to do with religion

Drug in any form is completely banned in Sikhism, yet nihangs have Sukha??????????????????????

the sukha nihungs make have 5 leafs of bhang which is far less nasha then equal coffee

Please give me any line from Guru Granth sahib which advocates it, only Guru Granth Sahib.

what ???? adi guru granth sahib is our guru or our advocate our teacher or our assistant ????

Sikh is not one who is born in Sikh family, but he is one who walks on the path given by Gurus and portrayed in Guru granth Sahib. so most of people you are refering were no sikhs but only Hindus or Punjabis. but not Sikhs.

same is applicable on you ... u didnt even knew who lead army on harimander sahib ... yet u behave like a scholar

have you lost anyone in that turbulent time, i have.

i sorry for that from heart but does that mean u need to abuse them ???? when mughals took away hindu girls every now and then ... singhs asked guru sahib shouldnt we just kidnap muslim girls same way as mughals do ... guru sahib said no this isnt dharam ... khalsa is army of akal no matter what we will not give up our dharam not even in battle field ....

learn from failures instead repeating .... when ever there will be govt vs sikhs 1984 will be repeated the ques is have we prepared for it ....

Whoever comes in center hates sikhs and will always try to weaken them.

says who ???? why is indias second largest tech park is being made at chandigarh ????

Hindustan hates sikhs and if you dont accept its your ignorence.

Hindustan never hate sikhs if you dont accept its your ignorance