Sign in to follow this  
AkalPurkhKiFauj

Bibian Facial Hair And "singhs"

god made me who i am....i love my kesh...wherever it may be....

people who say it is hard to get married because of it....the way i try to see things is that there is a bigger picture out there...bigger than wheather youre married or not....if no1 will marry you then o well thats the worlds loss...because i will tell you there is one person that will be your dear husband....and that is Vaheguru himself....its just another test in lyfe...dont worry....dont break your rehat over it....its not that important...nothing in this world is that important...love yourself for being who maharaj wanted you to be....we are here to impress the great man upstair...and he wont be impressed weather you get a rista or not...but more so if u can fight this crazy world in order to keep your asool

i for one am so happy with my facial kesh...and it will never hold me back in doing anything in life...and if that means that i dont get married then o well....one door closes and another opens rite....but i will never shut that door to vaheguru...never will i write that letter of betrayal to my guru...

also i heard a somewhere once a girl saying to her brother that "a girl looks to her brother, to see how a girl is to be treated in life...if her brother treats other girls like crap and judges them for there so called "imperfections"...then that is how that girl learns how other guys are meant to treat her"....remember guys these are your sisters...if you treat them indiffeently because you dont see them as your real sisters then that is exactly how one day some other guy is going to treat your blood sister....

sorry for mistakes

vahigurooo!! d_oh.gif

amazing post penji!! respect.gif

Before i took amrit i used to bleach because i wanted to 'fit in'

Now i am more than happy and proud of my facial hair, wouldnt change it for the world! like penji said try to please mahraj and not others!

vahiguroooo!!

Guest peacemaker
^^^ not necessarily... too much facial hair could mean a big hormoanl imbalance, which is not healthy.. and can affect pregnancy...

Very Good, Dr. Heera Singh!! thumbs_up.gif

I used to start topics like this a while back, interestingly it still such a big issue so many months later. As a bibi with huge brows and a few facial hair, more boyish looking than anything else really, gota say my singh is truly a singh, a gursikh of Guru ji. Guru ji has you in his thoughts no matter what you thinking and he'll see you're ok always. Do your simran............ Leave the rest to Him.

Guest peacemaker
At the end of the day all girls have hair.

All girls can grow hair, but some choose not to appreciate its true value so they shave or cut it off, right?

vaheguru jee ka khalsa vaheguru jee kee fateh

Im not trying to be funny or anythin and im sorry if i offend any1... but y do ppl make such a big deal about facial hair?!?! Im including boys nd girls into this as i think both make a big deal about it in sum way! I agree with 'akaal ustat's' post and all i wanna say is that keeping kesh is veryy veryy important!! BUT it is BASIC rehat... sumthin that every1 is meant 2 do! its not meant 2 be difficult or challenging! but i can obviously understand it is but if we can;t see past the exterior or what society wants, then were not goin 2 get very far in our sikhi! were falling at the first hurdle, how can we expect 2 reach guru jee in this life?! I no its difficult, but do ardas 2 guru jee and everythin will be sorted out 4 u cos if thres one thing thats goin to make u feel better about keeping ur hair, its ardas and kirpa from vaheguru... i jus thort id say what i was thinkin... i find it really disheartening that many bibiyaan/singhs see facial hair and keeping it as such a big issue... and i think some ppl (the minority) need 2 realise that thres more difficult things 2 achieve in a gursikhs jeevan and keeping ur hair should not be made 2 be such a massive deal! look at all the bibiyaan and shaheed singhs that gave up their lives in order to keep each and every one of their kesh in tact and were sat here whining about how ppl look us funny if we hav a bit of facial hair. let them look...its not a big deal! surely we hav enuff self confidence and self esteem 2 get past what society thinks of us cos at the end of the day, what scoiety thinks DOESN;T COUNT, what guru jee thinks of u does! sorry if i rambled on a bit, i jus always read these posts nd hav never posted anythin back but thort i shud this time...sorry if i hav said anythin 2 offend any1.

vaheguru jee ka khalsa vaheguru jee kee fateh

Guest peacemaker

Yes, what you said is the way it SHOULD be, but it still goes back to everyone being on different levels. Some of us, like me, don't have the mentality of the great shaheeds of the panth because I question a lot of things. I'm just being honest and it doesn't mean I'm not trying to change and won't change, but this can only be done with waheguru's kirpa.

And, if all of us knew so much, then why would we come on this forum? Let's try and help each other out and if someone feels embarrassed about their kesh, in your mind it might not be possible, but in theirs maybe, just maybe, they really feel that way. Don't dismiss them and ask them why you you feel this way or tell them right off NO you shouldn't, but work on comforting them as your brothers and sisters and help them through it, never judging them.

im sorry peacemaker... but when did i judge them?? and i dont think what i said was harsh!! how did i 'right them off'?? IM SO SORRY 4 SHARING MY OPINION ON A SIKH YOUTH FORUM... what was i thinkin? <_<

im sorry peacemaker... but when did i judge them?? and i dont think what i said was harsh!! how did i 'right them off'?? IM SO SORRY 4 SHARING MY OPINION ON A SIKH YOUTH FORUM... what was i thinkin? :)

lol i compltely agree with your points. Thing is you've been broguht up with sikhi and told the importance of keeping kesh huna.

But say if there were some bibia who always used to remove their kesh, then they start coming into sikhi, its going to be harder for them. So then its gonna be a big deal for them huna, and then we should try encourage them to keep rehit. But for gursikhs like yourself keeping kesh is a priviilige and an honour. respect.gif

p.s) i require a meal for next week <_<

gurfateh jee

Guest peacemaker
IM SO SORRY 4 SHARING MY OPINION ON A SIKH YOUTH FORUM... what was i thinkin? <_<

There's no need for you to be so sarcastic. I was ONLY sharing MY opinion TOO. I never even said your name in my post. If you want to talk to me like I'm stupid, then whatever. I could care less about discussing anything else with you because I don't have a stupid button on me that I can press. rolleyes.gif