The Use Of Chairs In Guru Ji's Darbar

shaheedkhalsa.com

Is this thing still going on :lol: forget chairs lets sort out the other corrupt crap that goes on in gurdwaras first init!

Gursikhs have the humility to think themselves lower than sangat. By having chairs in the gurdwara, I think we'd see chardi kala gursikhs take the opportunity to sit lower than the rest of the sangat. Won't this be a problem?

If everyone sits on the floor, then there won't be any problems. I don't think its about progressing or evolutionizing... i think it has more to with logic and basic understanding of how diwans are run.

In addition to that, many gursikhs have talked about "vibrations" you get from sitting in sangat. Can you have such an experience if you have to sit on chairs, isolated in comparison to on the floor?

In addition to that, many gursikhs have talked about "vibrations" you get from sitting in sangat.

That happens everytime when the train goes past.

Can you have such an experience if you have to sit on chairs, isolated in comparison to on the floor?

Hopefully the pews will cancel out the vibrations from those damn trains. Good underfloor insulation will also help.

sitting on the floor is humility and humbleness infront of guru ji.

sitting on chairs negates the humility and humbleness.

for petes sake, just grab a chair if your so damn insistent and sit on it.

dood u must have like a billion chairs in your house us eem to be inlove w/ them

humility and humbleness ?

These words from you? Pot calling the kettle black? rolleyes.gif

Hopefully the pews will cancel out the vibrations from those damn trains. Good underfloor insulation will also help.

ohmy.gif hahahaha good one mate :lol:

Yea, I wasn't talking about vibrations from the ground. I was talking more along the lines of vibes and stuff. I'm sure you've noticed a spiritual difference when sitting in diwan when its full and when its empty.

i myself would not sit in darbaar sahib on a chair, no matter how old or disabled i become

however i would not condem people who desperately want to sit in darbaar sahib but are unable to due to physical ailments and therefore use a chair.

someone told me the other day that gyani nahar singh crawled up the stairs to darbar sahib as he didnt want to take his wheel chair inside.

Guest peacemaker

WHATEVER...This topic isn't even worth my time. He says that and She says that. What a bunch of hot air. I could quite honestly care less if someone sitts their butt in a chair or on the floor in darbar hall. That's first grade stuff there. Let's get beyond it and find the ultimatate treasures, because if you worry about crap like this, then you're going to keep on coming back in the cycle of life and death.

• 4 years later...