What Did Sikhs Believe In Before The Creation Of Sikhism?

jii

Who did Sikhs believe in, or what did Sikhs believe in before the coming of Guru Nanak? This question was asked by a friend of mine to me, and it did get me thinking but I failed to have an answer.

My friend being a muslim had said that before the prophet mohammed was about, they used to believe in Judaism and Christianity, etc etc.

Since Sikhism is not every old, before Sikhism arrived, is there anything that Sikhs believed in; also can anyone provide any information of how the fist human beings came into existence who began the growth of humans?

There always have been sikhs and there always will be.

Sikhs believe in Waheguru. Waheguru has always been here and so have the believers :lol: .

finally some good reply by u jk lolz

key is >believers

to elaborate ...bhagats been here before guru nanak=)

Sikhi isn't some boxed up religion.

universal truth is what we r learning. so can u box up/hide the truth and say TRUTH ONLY BELONGS TO ME OR CERTAIN AMOUNT OF PEOPLE? or that it only came to "earth" when Guru Nanak dev ji was born? did he bring it or was it always here and he helped us see it?

bhul chuk muaff karni nd please correct me if i am wrong...or if something doesn't make sense plz tel me know

Akal sahai!

wjkk wjkf

Strictly speaking, Sikh physical identity was started by Guru Gobind Ji. Correct me if I am wrong.

Sikh spirituality started with Guru Nanak Ji.

That's always how I have understood it.

All the other Gurus slowly formed other aspects of the Sikh movement, i.e. Sewa, places of worship, philosophy of life, etc.

The concept itself of being 'Sikh' has always been here. Being Sikh is being a good human being (for me...) so the concept which was reminded by Guru Nanak Dev Ji has actually been here all along. I believe you can be a Muslim and still be Sikh or a Hindu and still be Sikh. There was this article in the National Geaographic about how 'Wahabism' had crept into Pakistan, and in the article was a description of this Muslim who for most of his life has been saving the poor, feeding them, housing them regardless of which sect or religion they belong to. He would take in new born girls who had been given up by families and has seen orphans grow up and later helping them to get married. He stated ' My first religion is not Islam, it is human rights'..... WOW! That is a Sikh right there. He is more Sikh than I am! So theoretically... Sikhs have always been here. A Sikh is not just in physical form.. more important than the physical is the spiritual which was here since time began. Guru Nanak Dev Ji came to remind us of that quality which every human should attain. That is the beauty of Sikhi and the beauty of God.

Sikhism existed before Guru Nanak Dev Ji. Sikhism is the revelation of the truth, living in accordance with his/her divine will and worship of the one true lord.

I say it existed before as great bhagats preached the same mesaage before Guru Nanak Dev Ji such as Bhagat Kabir, Bhagat Ramanand, Bhagat Farid Ji, Bhagat Jaidev.

Bhai Gurdas Dian Varan in Vaar 10 pauri 6 comes the moral story of Raja Harichand the second line is

Sadh Sangat Mil Gavsai Ratee Jai Sunai Gurbani.

The terms of Sadhsangat were around before the times of Furu Nanak Dev Ji which is a great concept and foundation of Sikhism and Gurbani was being sung and listened to which is the same as today.

I only heard a katha from Sant Jagjit SIngh Ji the other day which was sent from India and they went through the course of History and showed that Sikhism has always existed and the concepts of the teachings of the Gurus existed the only problem was that they were obscured by other practices

Take out Brahmanism/Hindutva from Hinduism

Take out Wahabism from Islam

Take out proselytization from Christianity

Now everyone is a Sikh :nihungsmile:

But then it would be so boring hana, coz no more youtube videos to watch!

:lol: