Did The Gurus Have Past Lives?

manbiro singh

Just i am amazed to see stupidity in the entire concept.

Wont sikhs see that this is myth entered by some clever brahmin.

I wonder what such people read bani as by saying so they accept hindu avataaars???

Why do Guru Nanak Dev jee prohibit idol worship?

may be such people want to live in some sort of fantasy as it saves them from harsh realities of world.

There is no avataar as stated in dasam granth of Guru gobind singh.

All hindu gods are Myth and used in bani in context of common people as us or great kings.

^^^^ ;)

wot did any of that have to do with the origional topic?

look veer jee i gather u have issues with the Dasam Granth but plz lets try and keep at least one topic to the origional posters question................ :)

keep in chardi kalah

Gosh, those clever Brahmins again, wow they get everywhere don’t they? Fancy that eh, those clever Brahmins have altered Dasam Granth sahib Ji. We don’t seem to have any faith in our Guru to give us pooran granth. Any thing we don't agree with, it's those damn Brahmins.

<<< I wonder what such people read bani as by saying so they accept hindu avataaars??? >>>

From little I know Avatars are mentioned many times in Gurbani, many times they are admonished, many times their tales are told, never does Gurbani say they did not exist.

If you believe that they are myths then you demean Gurbani. Gurbani is TRUTH and nothing but the TRUTH. There are no myths, legends, heresays, rumours in Gurbani, it is all the ABSOLUTE TRUTH, beleive it, submit to it.

<< Why do Guru Nanak Dev jee prohibit idol worship? >>

Sorry I didn't realise we were discussing idol worship? The bogee of Brahmins seem to hang over many people, they see Brahmins in every dark corner, anything remotely hindu is branded "evil Brahmins", comeon guys get over it.

Manbiro Singh Ji,

In Dasam Granth Sahib Ji, in Guru Ji's own autobiograghical account Bachittar Natak (although it does not go into too much detail) Guru Ji says "Abh meh apni katha bikhano" - I now tell you my own story.

Now I narrate my story,how from meditation and austerities I came to this world. At that place where Hemkunt Mountain is adorned by seven peaks, the place named Sapatsring where King Pandu did yoga. There I did intense meditation and austerities and contemplated God. In this way I meditated until, from duality, two forms (God and myself) became one. My father and mother also contemplated the Formless One through several kinds of yoga and austere discipline. They served the Formless One and God was pleased with them. So God gave a command to me, and then I took birth in Kal Yug. I did not desire to come, as I was absorbed in devotion at God's feet. Somehow God made me understand His purpose, and saying thus sent me into this world.

From meditation and austerities God called me, and saying thus sent me into this world. God speaks: "I acknowledge and bless you as my son. I have created you to teach the true path.

Wherever in the world you go, spread righteousness, and remove ignorance from the world. "

The poet speaks (Guru Ji ): "I stood, folded my hands, and spoke this promise with head bowed: 'With You as the supporter Your path will be established in the world.'" For this work God sent me, and then I was born into the world.

For new or younger Sikhs, it's best if they not be told about this yet. All they should be told is that Guru Maharaj is Sargun Saroop Vaheguru.

It becomes difficult to grasp the idea of Guru ji having both previous 'avtars' and being GurParmeshar, so Mahapurakhs usually don't tell this stuff to new jagiasoo. Only when they become more firm in their Sikhi and shardha can more deeper stuff be revealed.

since everyone of u after this post have sooo happily ignored this post i wanted 2 bump it up!

happy bickering :)

ocelot please be more positve instead of spoiling a brilliant thread.

anyways back to the thread.

The answer to this question is that we cannot really know the full extent of the greatness of any of our ten Gurus, simply because practically we haven't merged with GuruSahib as wev should.

Only a scholar can elaborate well on such a difficult yet valid question....

COULD OUR CYBER SCHOLARS PLEASE CONTRIBUTE TO THIS THREAD BECAUSE ITS A BRILLIANT QUESTION

PS: AFTER DOIN SOME THINKING I WILL POST MY OPINION

yeahh from wat ive heard all the gurus had past lives, starting of with guru nanak dev jee, he did aroud 36 jugez of bhagti so did guru gobind singh jee just cant remember his name from the previous janam
source?

unless its backed by gurbani, its just an opinion.....

read bhai gudaas ji's vara, you will get all your answers.

guru nanak sahib ji was waheguru pargat, concept of nirgun and sargun.

guru angad sahib ji, http://www.searchgurbani.com/main.php?book...=1&pauri=45

guru amardaas sahib ji, http://www.searchgurbani.com/main.php?book...=1&pauri=46

guru raam daas, arjan sahib ji, http://www.searchgurbani.com/main.php?book...=1&pauri=47

guru hargobind sahib ji, http://www.searchgurbani.com/main.php?book...=1&pauri=48