pls help me

singh22

WJKK WJKF

Last week i had ice cream at my place, when i had one spoon of ice cream, i suddelnly reliazed that i did not check the contents of the ice cream.

I went and cheked it said it had egg in it, so i did ardas in front of shri guru granth sahib jee and asked for forgiveness for my mistake.

I think my amrit is broken, as i had that ice cream, even i had only one spoon of that. i had some part of ice cream..

Pls help me and let me know whether i have to give peshi in front of panj pyaares.

Gur Fateh

i personally bleieve we do pesh for only the four kurehits, cuz otherwise, we'd be takin amrit and getting pesh everyday... we say a word wrong in japji sahib, isn't that even worse than consuming egg? isn't distorting baani worse than eating an egg (debateable, i suppose)... anywhoo, for that reason, i'd think that we only seek pesh for the 4 kurehits and not whenever we make any mistake..

but, as someone said, you have a very personal relationship with your Guru, and you shuld do what you feel is right, not what a bunch of people on the internet say... if your punj said that you should pesh if you eat egg, then go for it.

keep this in mind.. the 4 kurehits are pretty goood measuring point.. cuz i mean, generally, you know when you're committing adultrey, eating meat (or halaal meat, if you're in line with akal takht), taking intoxicants or cutting your hair... you can't "unknowingly" commit adultery... so like, you didn't know you were consumingegg, it was a natural mistake, and it happens..

i would personally just do ardaas, but i'm not in your position, and you should do what you feel is right

WJKK, WJKF:

Jassika...

Regardless of whether an egg is fertilized or unfertilized, that egg has one purpose which is to produce another living creature. When an egg is deprived of that ability, you are in essence preventing that life from taking shape. A gursikh should avoid all meat, eggs, fish, and products that contain animal by-products such as gelatin and lard. Period.

As far as whether the original poster has done something "wrong" that would require him to present himself before the five beloved ones, I believe the answer would be no, so long as it was something that was a mistake, that is he didn't honestly know what it was that he was eating. Had he willingly consumed a product that did contain eggs or meat, then it would be a different story.

Bottom line, a simple and heartfelt ardas should do just fine. Just be careful in the future to always double check. FWIW, when in doubt, better left uneaten is my motto.

Oh by the way JSingh, not all bakery products contain eggs...please think about what you are saying and research it before making such a bold and misleading proclamation.

-Gurfateh

umm.... jessika always has her own views and maryada about any question u ask on this forum...

I got a question for u... If the egg was never fertilized then how did it become an egg?

singh 22 ji you haven't commited a bajjar Kurehit so I don't think u r required to go pesh. I think I myself have eaten stuff like that unintentially. u could just do panj Chaupayee de paat and do ardaas u should be ok. and cali khalsa explained it anyway...

Why can't sikhs eat meat and eggs if they can eat plants and vegetables?

Don't you think vegetables have life?

Everything on this planet is created by God, right?

We feed vegetables so that they can grow and then we eat them. So why is there difference between eating vegetables, meats and eggs?

Vegetables don't have and ego. They don't choose their behaviour. One of the reasons we don't eat meat is that we take on the karma of the thing we eat. Vegetables have not taken any actions, so they don't have highly developed karma. They are pure life energy without ego. You have enough karma in your own life, you don't need to be adding the karma of thousands of animals to your life.

The other reason is that animal flesh is not healthy. There are virtually no studies that claim an all animal diet would be healthy, but thousands that show the benefits of the vegetable kingdom.

Vegetables don't have pain sensors, so it doesn't cause suffering like with animals. Remember, you are also creating karma when you kill something that doesn't want you to.

Here is one way to look at it - You can't eat anything unless it will freely allow you to kill it and eat it. If you try to stick a knife in an animal, it will run away. Try that with spinach, no problem. (Eggs are the menstruation of the chicken, so it should be considered as part of the chickens body. Eggs are liquid chickens.)

LSK

i would like to comment on this q&a. they say we can eat vegetables because we dont cause them suffering well i'm sure the eggs wont feel any suffering either. does this also mean its ok to kill animals if u do it in a way they wont feel anything. for example the way doctors drug humans so they wont feel anything. The part here i agree with is "The other reason is that animal flesh is not healthy. There are virtually no studies that claim an all animal diet would be healthy, but thousands that show the benefits of the vegetable kingdom." and thats the reason i dont eat meat. It's just not as healthy and not needed. bravekhalsa i do have lots of different views but i'm not stuck on them just have lots of questions please dont see it as an ego. how it became an egg is just by the chicken's menstruation. other animals including humans have those die all the time

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

an egg still ha slife. It has the female parts of life. There is still embryo in it and stuff. The only thing is it has not been fertilized by sperm. The yolk is the life which needs to be fertilized. Bt, the simple answer is, ITS GURU JES HUKAM! period. If u dont like his hukam, well, that u can answer to dharam raj.Anyways, u can get pesh if u want, but i dont think u have too. Because, even when we comb our hair, our kes come out. But on the other hand, we could say that we werent careful, and we should have checked the ingredients. Well, i dont know. I suggest find 5 singhs who are really strict in maryada, and ask them wat u should do. Egg, fish, cow, watever, its all meat.

bhula chuka maf

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!