• Educated
    • Non Educated
    • Dont Mind

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

course it matters these days to most people if they tell the truth, just like people say they dont belive in caste but when it comes to marriage time the truth comes out, lol education has become the new catse. Degree or no degree is the first question asked, lol most times disscussions r made just on that question,lol anyways i thinl sikhs will wake up at 3am to do home work assignment, speand bare years doing these degrees, im not saying they should, but if they put the same effort towards sikhi, we wud have supersaints all over the show. we should live for sikhi first the rest comes second, a degree aint going to get u to suchkhand. All my poeple that got kicked, out of scholl, buy a fake degree, they only £250 pound, people who done degress forget what they learn anyway, i even forgot how to do simple maths without a calculator

Thats so true! education is the new caste system!! I've tried to introduce some girls in the family to a number of potential partners, and they either complain that the guy is to educated or not educated enough! And one auntie refused to even consider a guy because he didnt have a degree, even though he had his own successfull business - you'd think that she was going to get married to him and not her daughter!!!

Personally i dont think it should be an issue, i have a degree and have a 'good' job, my husband dosnt have a degree, but thats not caused us any issues.

But not all men can handle their partner being the financial earner...

doesn't really matter to me... as long as we have enough income to sustain ourselves and (future) family.. i don't care how much or how little she would make... education, although importan, doesn't matter too much... obviously it would be beneficial for her to have more of an education in case she wanted to change jobs and try to earn a better living... education DOES open more doors... buh i nah too picky on that, cuz i kno i aint the most educated person either ;)

bottom line.. as long we have enough to sustain ourselves and our family... :)

doesn't really matter to me... as long as we have enough income to sustain ourselves and (future) family.. i don't care how much or how little she would make... education, although importan, doesn't matter too much... obviously it would be beneficial for her to have more of an education in case she wanted to change jobs and try to earn a better living... education DOES open more doors... buh i nah too picky on that, cuz i kno i aint the most educated person either ;)

bottom line.. as long we have enough to sustain ourselves and our family... :)

Vaheguroo ji ka khalsa vaheguroo ji ki fateh

I agree with Heera i wouldnt care however i think my parents would and as most sikhs have arranged marriages its usually up to the parents and if they find out a person hasnt gt a very good education they won't consider them for their child.

I think however it should b more about the persons sikhi than their education. But thats just my opinion! :cool:

Vaheguroo ji ka khalsa vaheguroo ji ki fateh