~! Danger Of Bhausaria Mindset In The Panth !~

N30S1NGH

"... but after Bhasauris, the new Bhasauris include Gurtej Singh (former IAS), Harbhajan Singh (Missionary), Gurbax Singh Kala Afgana, Joginder Singh (Spokesman), Rajinder Singh Khurana (Khalsa Panchayat) and Mohinder Singh Josh who have contributed nothing on Sikh thought, Sikh philosophy and spiritualism. "

IRHC on Dasam Sri Guru Granth Sahib.

Genuine question: if a bibi does not have to wear a dastar, does a Singh have too?

Also, aren't there some Seva Panthi's/Nirmale that are Amritdhari? Do they all wear Dastars?

Singh and Singhani are equal but they are different..just because they are different does not mean they are not equal, differences are from socio-religious point of view...singh wore dumalla's went out there to fight with oppressors whereas singhani were home taking care of bhaujangi singhs, showing her motherly love, in order to take care of kids you dont need to wear dumalla/daster, this off course with an exception of mai bhago but all the singhani didnt had keski on or dumalla on, this whole equality sho sha was nothing but victorian influence on bhausaria mindset which created many useless debates ie- women in panj pyares, singh/singhani should wear exactly same etc etc.

There are relics from guru sahib time suggest that singhani around guru sahib time wore traditional ghagra and dupta around. Also they are potraits of sikh women wearing salvar and kameez and some of them wore keski as decide to take arms they were labelled as warrior men, see commentary by giani gian singh.

//There are very few examples of old punjabi female portraiture - In my family up until the 1950s unmarried women were not allowed to have their photos taken - a mixture of patriarchial Society and fear for Family Izzat if the photos got into the 'wrong' hands !!!

There are very few depictions of the Gurus' wifes - Only BeBe Nanaki seems to be favourite subject for portraits - Sikh women apart from depictions of Rani Jind Kaur don't seem to 'exist' when you look at portraits !

So an analysis of dress is quite hard to do - Nonetheless a few examples do exist ;

Here is a portrait of Bibi Bhani - The wife of Guru Ram Das from the 18th Century - in Jaipur style from the collection of Bhai Suchet Singh - Vill. Bhai Rupa, Moga

It shows Bibi Bhani wearing what appears to be a Ghagra.

pictures can been seen on http://www.sikhawareness.com/sikhawareness...opic.php?t=7128 as its not allowing me to post pictures on here.//

I also heard khalistan zindabad veer in the sakhiya, that mata ji of sant sunder singh ji bhindranwale did 650000 japji sahib patts during her pregnancy , vahiguroo, thats a reason vahiguroo sent karak bhramgyani in her family.

d_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gifd_oh.gif

hey i cant remember a time i was so inspired..............bhul chuck maafi for kindqa hijacking this thread but can we start a separate topic of the gursikh jeevans of singhniah cos i know on none other that the ones mentioned above.............cos im a illiterat murakh.............. blush.gif