Tunni Munni Ek Barabar?

B4ND4

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A very good topic by my good brother Banda. I would even like to know whether Bhindranwale said that or not. It would be nice to know his exact words on this specific issue as my brother is asking. However, with that being said I don't think anyone has that answer on this website brother. It would be best as Jaspaul Singh said to listen to his speeches. I will also do the same at my leisure, and will get back to you on it.

i think it was my dad who told me that Badal used to tie his beard and when sant ji said this a lot of the akalis stopped tying up their beards....

also, i think sant ji's bluntness alienated many of the so-called shehari or city sikhs, because tying of beards is most common amongst sikhs who live in cities...

peace.

^^Your statement about city sikhs is not really true. Yes, more people in cities tie their beards compared to the people in pinds but one funny thing about pinds is that not many people keep their beards now. Beard ta hai ni tie ki karan ge... tamboora??? <_<

Most of the sikhs who fought for the british tied their beards and most of them were from pinds. The sikh jawans/officers in the Indian army tie their beards(if they have any) and almost all of them are from villages.

I agree with alot of the comments made - Unfortunately for some they HAVE to tie their beard. I for one am one of those. I work in the aftermarket car industry - we are classed as a custom installation company so alot of our work is done with products like fibre glass, chop strand, bodge, paint etc... Untill I was 25 I kept my Dara Prakash but once you get your dara stuck in a drill or once you get fibre glass stuck in your dara and the thought of having the bits cut out of your dara you soon start to think logically and tie a khooli dara.

I got told of by Bhai Sahib Bhai Amolak Singh Ji who is like a father to me. Once I went to Guru Darbar straight from work and he didnt recognize me - once i explained the situation he understood.

Please remember saadh sangat that this is not a justification - what i am saying is that not all do what they want - some must do what is needed.

Fellow Singhs need to encourage youth not discourage.