Women Dress To Impress

no_0ne

so theres a fear that guys might be overcome with lust if a bibi doesnt wear a pajami but there isnt a issue with lust wen parjis doent wear a pajami.....so only males have lust? i think not!

Fateh

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Bana is my panj kakkars... and my love and respect for Guru Sahib... my thankfulness for being put on the path of Gursikhi... that is somethin i have on me 24 hours a day, 7 days a week... and nobody can take that away from me..

at the end of the day... wear whatever u feel comfortable in... but be modest... be practical... don't judge others based on wha they wear.. focus on ur own Gursikhi Jeevan... (not directed at anybody... jus in general)

I highly doubt Guru Sahib cares weather I wear jeans or chola... i think i's more about where our mind is.... wha our intentions are... etc... for example, there's many people, youth especially, who see wearing chola/kurta as somethin 'kool to wear' or a 'fashion' ting... i'm sure they're nah impressin Guru Sahib... Guru Sahib wants ur mind and soul pure; thats what 'impresses' Guru Sahib..

personally, i think sikhs as a whole are more concerned about wha's on the outside then wha's on the inside... why are we even tryin to 'impress' anybody? we shud'n be tryna 'impress' Guru Sahib... everythin we do, shud be done for Guru Sahib out of pure love and faith... not to 'impress'...

at smagams and that wen its really hot you see singhs walking around in their kachere and nothing else, is it ok for bibia to do the same? - quote

that i have to see ^^ :)woohoo.gif :wubc:

I'm not talking about men walking around half naked - im talking about BANA.

Hardeep sengh, you have nothing to say in this because this is a females choice, not yours. If a bibi doesn't want to wear her pyjama WHEN WEARING HER CHOLA, then she can do that.

ps, I wouldn't wear a chola without a pyjama anyway.

Heera Singh I agree with you.

gauVI mhlw 1 ]

gourree mehalaa 1 ||

Gauree, First Mehla:

coAw cMdnu AMik cVwvau ]

choaa cha(n)dhan a(n)k charraavo ||

I may anoint my limbs with sandalwood oil.

pwt ptMbr pihir hFwvau ]

paatt patta(n)bar pehir hadtaavo ||

I may dress up and wear silk and satin clothes.

ibnu hir nwm khw suKu pwvau ]1]

bin har naam kehaa sukh paavo ||1||

But without the Lord's Name, where would I find peace? ||1||

ikAw pihrau ikAw EiF idKwvau ]

kiaa pehiro kiaa oudt dhikhaavo ||

So what should I wear? In what clothes should I display myself?

ibnu jgdIs khw suKu pwvau ]1] rhwau ]

bin jagadhees kehaa sukh paavo ||1|| rehaao ||

Without the Lord of the Universe, how can I find peace? ||1||Pause||

kwnI kuMfl gil moqIAn kI mwlw ]

kaanee ku(n)ddal gal motheean kee maalaa ||

I may wear ear-rings, and a pearl necklace around my neck;

lwl inhwlI PUl gulwlw ]

laal nihaalee fool gulaalaa ||

my bed may be adorned with red blankets, flowers and red powder;

ibnu jgdIs khw suKu Bwlw ]2]

bin jagadhees kehaa sukh bhaalaa ||2||

but without the Lord of the Universe, where can I search for peace? ||2||

nYn slonI suMdr nwrI ]

nain salonee su(n)dhar naaree ||

I may have a beautiful woman with fascinating eyes;

KoV sIgwr krY Aiq ipAwrI ]

khorr seegaar karai ath piaaree ||

she may decorate herself with the sixteen adornments, and make herself appear gorgeous.

ibnu jgdIs Bjy inq KuAwrI ]3]

bin jagadhees bhajae nith khuaaree ||3||

But without meditating on the Lord of the Universe, there is only continual suffering. ||3||

dr Gr mhlw syj suKwlI ]

dhar ghar mehalaa saej sukhaalee ||

In his hearth and home, in his palace, upon his soft and comfortable bed,

Aihinis PUl ibCwvY mwlI ]

ahinis fool bishhaavai maalee ||

day and night, the flower-girls scatter flower petals;

ibnu hir nwm su dyh duKwlI ]4]

bin har naam s dhaeh dhukhaalee ||4||

but without the Lord's Name, the body is miserable. ||4||

hYvr gYvr nyjy vwjy ]

hai// gai// naejae vaajae ||

Horses, elephants, lances, marching bands,

lskr nyb KvwsI pwjy ]

lasakar naeb khavaasee paajae ||

armies, standard bearers, royal attendants and ostentatious displays

ibnu jgdIs JUTy idvwjy ]5]

bin jagadhees jhoot(h)ae dhivaajae ||5||

- without the Lord of the Universe, these undertakings are all useless. ||5||

isDu khwvau iriD isiD bulwvau ]

sidhh kehaavo ridhh sidhh bulaavo ||

He may be called a Siddha, a man of spiritual perfection, and he may summon riches and supernatural powers;

qwj kulh isir CqRü bnwvau ]

thaaj kuleh sir shhathra banaavo ||

he may place a crown upon his head, and carry a royal umbrella;

ibnu jgdIs khw scu pwvau ]6]

bin jagadhees kehaa sach paavo ||6||

but without the Lord of the Universe, where can Truth be found? ||6||

Kwnu mlUku khwvau rwjw ]

khaan malook kehaavo raajaa ||

He may be called an emperor, a lord, and a king;

Aby qby kUVy hY pwjw ]

abae thabae koorrae hai paajaa ||

he may give orders - ""Do this now, do this then"" - but this is a false display.

ibnu gur sbd n svris kwjw ]7]

bin gur sabadh n savaras kaajaa ||7||

Without the Word of the Guru's Shabad, his works are not accomplished. ||7||

haumY mmqw gur sbid ivswrI ]

houmai mamathaa gur sabadh visaaree ||

Egotism and possessiveness are dispelled by the Word of the Guru's Shabad.

gurmiq jwinAw irdY murwrI ]

guramath jaaniaa ridhai muraaree ||

With the Guru's Teachings in my heart, I have come to know the Lord.

pRxviq nwnk srix qumwrI ]8]10]

pranavath naanak saran thumaaree ||8||10||

Prays Nanak, I seek Your Sanctuary. ||8||10||

It doesn't matter who cares how they dress.. let them be we shoudn't look at other ppl just ourselves. Lets say if we just go and focus on our simran/banee for years and years guru jee will give us all the answers we do not need to go and search for them we just have to focus on guru jee. Also heres another view tongue.gif instead of the whole bibian wearing or not wearing a pyajama, why can't it be about Singhs wearing or not wearing a pyajama like whats the reason some don't. Instead shoudn't it be that Singhs and Singhneeya both wear pyajamas.

• 1 month later...

i came acros a tuk once, cant remember now, maybe someone can post it. but basically it was saying that we should wear those clothes that dont bring 5 bikaars in to the mind and eat that food that doesnt produce these bikaars.

bana is very important, but then we should not judge others who dont wear it. there are many people out there who dnt wear bana but are very abhyaasi and put alot of bana dharis to shame, but that does not mean we should not wear bana.

wear bana and go to maharajs darbar and you will feel the difference, personally i do not feel comfortable when i have to wear western clothing, i find myself looking in the mirror alot more admiring myself lol. but obviously in this western world sometimes it has to be done for work purposes,

ultimately its a personal choice and no one can force others to wear it.

but i do think modest clothing is essential, i have seen bibia walk around with dastar on and they are wearing unsuitable clothes and the singhs are just as bad! lol. it just doesnt look right.

our roop is complete with gurmukhi bana and it is amazing parchar to others if we do keep this rehit.

today we are wearing western clothes, what happens tomorow? do we swap our dastar for a patka? then maybe a chuni? or for singhs perhaps a cap?

to preserve our identity at the least it is essential to not let our roop be diluted.

however there are many pakhandis who wear bana and do dreadful things and are disgracing maharajs bana, but that shouldnt be an excuse for us not to wear bana with pride.

many elders wear dastar and drink etc does that mean we should not follow maharajs rehit and wear dastar?

when the british went to india they didnt start wearing kurteh and indian clothing, they wore their uniform all throughout the raj. so why have we started wearing their clothes when we came to their countries.

to destroy a culture the first thing you attack is the language they speak and the clothes they wear. it sounds simple but is very effective.

even psychologists such as zimbardo have done studies of clothing/roles and effect on aggression and conformity. they found we conform to the roles we are set and the clothes we wear are very important in this conformity.

wherever we go the world wants us to conform to it's ideals, it wants us to wear tight jeans that show off our body, it wants us to show abit of skin, it wants us to eat what they are eating, it wants us to behave how they are behaving. it wants us to speak how they are speaking.

have we ever asked ourselves what maharajs ideals are?

changing our language and clothing is a vital step in our culture/identity being diluted. so we should try harder to not let this occur,

but more and more youngsters are wearing bana now and that can only be a good thing, but those who do wear bana please dont forget the responsibility that comes along with it. you cannot afford to do anything wrong! people will not see the fault in the person, they will generalise your actions to all those gursikhs who wear bana and that is not good parchar. so lead by example, wear bana and jap naam and make a good jeevan, so that when people see you they will be motivated to jap naam aswell.

bhull chuk maaf

guroo

Guest peacemaker

When you get married, you can have your wife dress in whatever clothes you like if she is game for that. If she is a respectable sikh woman, you won't have to worry about inappropriate clothes in public. :D