Jathedar Patna Sahib Rejects Nanakshahi Calendar & Issues Hukamnama Implementing Puraatan Maryada

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

I am sorry if you dont hv tht much common sense mr ak-47.

I took that text from a website which explained about nanakshahi calendar and it was written back in 1997-98. I never knew that common sense not that common, specially among present sikhs.

these kind of things are supposed to be discussed and resolved by sitting together, not this way by playing in hands of brahminwadi sampradas who perform hawans and do whole lot of things against sikh maryada.

what a favour Sardar Iqbal singh have done, uniting the whole panth at a time when we should be pressing our demand for lifting the ban on turban in france, bravo Iqbal singh ji and Taksal. They are doing a great job.

did anyone hear taksal hiring a top end lawyer to fight cases of Jujharus and their families?

did anyone hear taksal about Khalistan? or sikhs rights in India?

what is their role in present scene ?

ohhh did you really, well mr common sense, perhaps your lack of experience with academia led you to quoye from an outside source without providing an adequate reference or bibliography. I hope you dont adopt the same approach in your essays etc otherwise you will recieve the same reaction from your lecturers as you did from me, i.e. unless a source is quoted it is taken to be the work of the author. So much for common sense hey, try getting an education as well!

added to which of course there is such a thing as wit and what we call in england plain old 'taking the pee'. :D

First of all you need to watch your mouth my friend, what your refferring to as a bhramnvadi samprada is the one started by guru gobind singh ji maharajh and has had the greatest sikhs the world has seen as its jathedhars. if the current state is not brilliant, then fair enough, but dont use such filthy words againt a samparda that has sacrificed its students for the panth time and time again.

secondly you fail to comment on the fact that i said this calendatr was the one to split the panth further in the first place! how can it be split any further! by introducing such a pointless thing you split everyone in two! so please stop using that 'split the panth when we should be doing x y and z ' because you guys already hold that prize!

as for taksal helping shaheed families, i cant speak for dhumma and co, but from my experience i have seen baba takhar singh ji help countless familes and fight cases for countless singhs in prisons. i have seen him lead the 1986 sarbat khalsa which formed the basis for khalistan, i have seen thousands of singhs/students and those who hold pyar for the taksal give their heads for the panth and die for khalistan. and your asking what has this taksal done?!?!?!? have you been blind and deaf for the last 2 decades?! did you never hear of sant ji speaking on sikh rights?! have some sharam at least before you open your mouth!

the current people at mehta i cant speak for, but as i have indicated above, the seva that taksal under sant ji and baba takhar singh ji did for the panth, nobody can match.

and sarpanch lol you honestly must live in your own little world somewhere!! where has anyone said 'im a taksali' or even worse 'im this im that'!

and im glad you mentioned the word 'bani' must have been a real shock for your keyboard to realise that it was typing that word!!! chalo!! lol

i dont know too much about the sant samaj as such, but is a sant higher than you and me? answer yes he is. a true sant will follow every hukum of guru maharajh and will love maharajh with every cell of his body, he will see maharajh everywhere, he is a true sikh of maharajh. you and me are just fakes, were full of the panj chor, we hardly read any gurbani and we have no compassion at all. so that makes you and me pieces of cra* on the floor and it makes the true gursikhs a million miles higher then we are.

please continue arguing over the calendar, as i said earlier, it seems like we have nothing better to do these days except rip each others pagah off. bye bye

If by disowning the Bikrami Calander, does this mean that dates should also be changed in Dasam Granth to reflect the new Nanakshahi date, including the ones that people recite daily in their Rehraas?

I wouldnt be suprised if some people said yes, these heretics have more concern about not being labelled hindu then being labelled sikhs of the guru. If the Guru adhered to the Bikrami calander then whats biting the Pro-Nanakshahi wing?

If by disowning the Bikrami Calander, does this mean that dates should also be changed in Dasam Granth to reflect the new Nanakshahi date, including the ones that people recite daily in their Rehraas?

I wouldnt be suprised if some people said yes, these heretics have more concern about not being labelled hindu then being labelled sikhs of the guru. If the Guru adhered to the Bikrami calander then whats biting the Pro-Nanakshahi wing?

That’s simple Gurbar, because these people think they know better than Guru Ji! rolleyes.gif

Giani Iqbal Singh was suspended last week by the president of Takht Patna Sahib managing committee for what was called “violating the Sikh 'rehat and maryada' (tenets and traditions) and for questioning the authenticity of the Nanakshahi Calendar, which had been approved by Akal Takht, the highest temporal seat of Sikhism”. This led to a sharp reaction within the Sikh clergy.

Surjit Singh Nishan, secretary-general of the WSIC, said, “The sharp reaction to the hukamnamas of the Jathedar of Patna Sahib is the unfortunate result of a communication gap between the Akal Takhat secretariat and the SGPC. Timely implementation of previously issued hukamnamas could have saved the Sikh panth of the ongoing controversy and prevented confusion among the Sikh masses.”

He gave specific examples of hukamnamas issues on April 24, 1985 issued by the five Sikh priests that “five Banis should be recited in the morning prayers”, the hukamnama of March 29, 1988 says that “moolmanter mangal be recited up to “Nanak hose bhee sach” and the hukamnama with regard to “Anand Sahib” also issued on April 24, 1985 and “Rehras Sahib” on March 29, 1988. The WSIC members submitted copies of the hukamnamas in support of their arguments

As per these hukamnamas already issued by the highest spiritual and temporal seat of the Sikhs, Giani Iqbal Singh has “neither unilaterally changed the Rehat maryada nor stated anything different that was not already approved by the Five Singh Sahiban at the Akal Takhat”, Nishan said.

In response to what does Taksal and Sant Samaj have to say, as you know, Baba Harnam Singh (Chief of Damdami Taksal) is also the President of Sant Samaj & both Taksal and Sant Samaj stand firm with the Jathedar's decision.

Taksal believes there should be a Sikh Calendar, but the current Nanakshahi Calendar is full of mistakes. In a statement issued by Sant Samaj's General Secretary Sant Baba Sukhchain Singh Ji after reviewing the Nanakshahi Calendar Sant Samaj found too many mistakes for this Calendar to be implemented. One big mistake included Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj's Avtaar Purab coming on the same date as Sri Guru Tegh Bahadur Ji's Shaheedi Divas which was then changed and another Hukamnama was issued at Sri Akal Takhat Sahib, making a mockery of Sri Akal Takhat Sahibs Hukamname.

Damdami Taksal & Sant Samaj stand firm with the Sarb-uchta of Takhat Sri Akal Takhat Sahib, but have no-confidence in its Jathedar.

In 1999 you probably remember, Damdami Taksal, Sant Samaj & Sri Akal Takhat Sahib's then Jathedar Singh Sahib Bhai Ranjit Singh Ji (all in unity) took out their own nagar kirtan and 300 years celebrations and on the other side SGPC and Parkash Singh Badal and BJP took out their own celebrations.

Gursikhs say that the voice of Akal Takht is supreme, therefore the Reht of Akal Takht is supreme.

Since its final decision, there have, in fact, been changes to the Reht.

Now Gursikhs also say that if there is a dissention within the Panth on certain issues within the Reht, that a formal decision, taking in all suggestions from the Khalsa, should be made, and if need be, amended.

Now I wonder, that If Sri Singh Sahib Yogi Ji had not adamantly stated that sampuran Anand Sahib be read at amrit sanchars, would we have it?

Akal Takht didn't excommunicate him. Reht was amended.

It seems that nowadays, any challenge, or even a suggestion of a challenge, to the Suprememe Authority of Akal Takht, is met with one thing.

The threat of excommunication.

It won't be long before anyone who suggests a different view from Akal Takht is labeled as a heretic.

Vaheguru.

To sum things up in a few sentences.

Back in the days bikrmai calender was follwed, as per guru sahib who didnt change it as per dasm granth sahib.

Maryada of kes being kakkar, mool mantr upto nanak hosi bhi sach. . . .etc etc. . .

slowly slowly certain jathebandia and psycho scholars/missionary got there influenece in during/after the british raaj. . things started to change. . .

hence now sangat dsnt know what to beleive or not. . .there is a lack of gyaan at the moment, wateva sum1 cant understand they reject.

thankt sri hazur sahib and thakht sri patna sahib fortunately are not under punjab government, sgpc, badal control. . .and follow some of the puratan maryada, ther4 the prior has issues with them.

I firmly believe this Jathedhar is wrong in wanting to ban Nanakshahi calendar ,don;t go there about Hazoor Sabh maryada God forbid we have plates with fire being waved round in Harmandar Sahib

Vaheguru.

DUpu mlAwnlo pvxu cvro kry sgl bnrwie PUlµq joqI ]1]

dhhoop malaaanalo pavan chavaro karae sagal banaraae foola(n)th jothee ||1||

The fragrance of sandalwood in the air is the temple incense, and the wind is the fan. All the plants of the world are the altar flowers in offering to You, O Luminous Lord. ||1||

Let's also get rid of Chaur Sahib di Seva, and command the wind to do the seva instead.