Jathedar Patna Sahib Rejects Nanakshahi Calendar & Issues Hukamnama Implementing Puraatan Maryada

:s lol how do you know when someone has lost the plot ... when they are 10 years behind everyone else!!

It occurred twice in 1992 and 1995; and it will occur twice in 1998.

somebody give this man a clandar, its 2008 now!!!!

Maybe you should get the new (old and orginial) calendar from patna sahib! :D

My contribution to the panth is to not screw up its old traditions!

Lets be honest the reason most people who wanted to calendar changed wanted to change it cus of the hindu thing. Since its been introduced loads of new flashy arguments have been brought out to justify it. but look at the core initial reason, and its a phobia against hindus simple as that.

You talk about technological advances and say that they werent done by the gurus .... well done, thats what a technolgoical advancement is ...!!!

ipods etc were not avaialble at the gurus time so no they were not used. Different calendar systems WERE in existance during the gurus times, and guess what they were NOT used. the gurus stuck to this original system. Guru maharajh met people of different faiths, practices, countries, continents etc, do you really think he didnt come across the fact that different calendars would be based on different things?! and yet you say he chose to implement the system with MORE errors? im glad you know more then guru sahib, maybe you should start wearing the kalgi now!

the fact is this, the panth was totally fine and happy sitting together on various gurpurbs etc. but now we are split. YET AGAIN. this is not a panthic calendar as the whole panth does not accept it. and sorry but bullying people by saying that if you disagree with us then your getting kicked out the panth is a cowards approach and this cowardice will one day be answered.

all i will say is well done to the sarkari agents who dont even know that they are being played by the governement in splitting the panth by bringing these new issues in! once we sat together, now cus of this independant calendar, you sit somewhere on one day and i will sit somewhere else, and EVERY year at EVERY gurpurb we will argue over which one is correct!! wah vei wah look at the united khalsa panth!!

all these sgpc guys have undone all the work done by sant jarnail singh ji and have spat on the blood of the saheeds who died for a united khalsa panth. now the only thing we do is rip each others pagah off while the dushman sits in delhi and laughs at the sikhs with their new 'independant calendar'.

lets be brave enough to admit when we have made a mistake and shafted the panth!

Damdami Taksal alongside other Panthic organisations including Sant Samaj, believe there is a need for a Sikh Calendar.

BUT

Not without consulting all Sikh organisations, how can you suddenly move a date from the 4th June to the 16th, now if the SGPC President & Co, Jathedar Sri Akal Takhat Sahib moving the date is fine, BUT if the Jathedar Of Takhat Sti Patna Sahib RE-instates the Old Calendar then he is wrong and worthy of being ex-communicated and it makes him a rss agent?

The date of Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji's Shaheedi fell on 4th June, now changed to the 16th June, so that when Sangat went to Sri Darbar Sahib on the 4th June, the picture and programme of 1984 would go through his/her mind, that on this day the dirty indian govt sent tanks in to kill the innocent Sangat who came to pay homage & respect to Sri Guru Arjan Dev Ji on his Shaheedi Divas.

SO if Jathedar Sri Patna Sahib RE-implements the OLD Calendar & Puraatan Rehit Maryada he is worthy of being ex-communicated, but then what does that make Parkash Badal, Avtar Singh Makkar, Joginder Singh Vedanti & Jagir Kaur worthy of and of which anti sikh organisation are they members of? These people who have turned the Sikh Faith upside down.

There is a need for a Sikh calendar, theres no doubt about that, we are a separate Nation, we are a separate Race, but that Sikh Calendar must be made by all Sikh Jathebandian, not just by some person from Canada who suggests a few dates and SGPC passes it at Sri Akal Takhat Sahib.

This is the same SGPC that was declared NOT the representitive body of the Sikh Nation in Sarbat Khalsa 1986.

This is the same SGPC who's 10 members removed Jathedar of Sri Akal Takhat Sahib Singh Sahib Bhai Ranjit Singh. Where does that leave Sri Akal Takhat Sahib? 10 members of a committee have the guts and authority to remove the Jathedar of Sri Akal Takhat Sahib Ji.

If Singh's did get together and go to take over Sri Akal Takhat Sahib & SGPC, all the SGPC would do is alert the punjab police, CRP, BSF etc etc. and get the Singh's removed from the complex.

In this day and age there is no point fighting over little issues, the problem is much much bigger.

The whole panth should be against nanakshahi calender, implemented a few years ago to cause frictions. . .most puratan sampardas reject it. If the guru did not make a new calender and used the one in lace who are we to reject it?

Puratan maryada is being forgotten and sangat is being mislead by these jathedar/missionary/shcolars who do shanka on guru jee themselfs. . .what can they give the panth?

Answer

PROBLEMS

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

I am sorry if you dont hv tht much common sense mr ak-47.

I took that text from a website which explained about nanakshahi calendar and it was written back in 1997-98. I never knew that common sense not that common, specially among present sikhs.

these kind of things are supposed to be discussed and resolved by sitting together, not this way by playing in hands of brahminwadi sampradas who perform hawans and do whole lot of things against sikh maryada.

what a favour Sardar Iqbal singh have done, uniting the whole panth at a time when we should be pressing our demand for lifting the ban on turban in france, bravo Iqbal singh ji and Taksal. They are doing a great job.

did anyone hear taksal hiring a top end lawyer to fight cases of Jujharus and their families?

did anyone hear taksal about Khalistan? or sikhs rights in India?

what is their role in present scene ?

these kind of things are supposed to be discussed and resolved by sitting together

singh ji

i m from punjab ... what the current situation is very different from what i m seeing on internet ...

one thing i m not joint to damdami taksal directly ... but i have done sangat of many chardikalla taksali singhs like baba thakur singh of patiala my home city and many other singhs ... and what i know ...

damdami taksal has nothing to do with this issue of patna sahibs jathedar ...

they are only supporting and that to behind the curtains not openly ...

truly the thing is sgpc and singh sahiban in punjab has no match in banni banna and rehat with singhs of sachkhand hazzor sahib ... hazzor sahib openly says no to hukams of akal takth sahib which they think are not according to mareyada ... no matter its arti jhatka shaster puja etc ...

takth patna sahib jathedar and singhs always took the ought of sri hazzor sahib to keep the puratan mareyada alive at their place ...

sgpc is trying its best to force its mareyada on takth patna sahib so that it would be 4 on 1 ... past four five years these things are going on ...

many times akal takth sahibs jathedar promised them to sit and do vichar on certain issues but it never happened ... its their habit to put every thing in cold box ....

Ok I want to ask about the change of dates Taksaal mentioned above,do all parts of taksal want this?

Why are Taksal and the sant samaj pro the old calendar?

Nanakshahi is the greatest step forward,your on about how can you change a date ,what about when the British moved time forward by 15 days ?

waheguru ji ka khalsa

waheguru ji ki fateh

May you all "anti-Nanakshahi calendar" sikhs put forward some SOLID reasons behind your behavior of being anti to this calendar which gives us an oppertunity of being free from "kalank" of hindu riti-rawaj?

or you just listen to what others say and without any logic, act upon it.

I think for you people Nanakshahi calendar being related to SGPC is enough reason to act in such irresponsible manner.

and coming back to Sardar Iqbal Singh, From what aspect he becomes a SINGH SAHIB of a Takht. Same is for Sardar Joginder Singh Vedanti. They are STATE appointed caretakers of these institutions and have no right to alter SIKH REHAT MARYADA. The whole process/thought of appointing JATHEDARS is flawed. Its PANTH and GRANTH combination which should head SIKH PANTH.

stop being proud of being attached to particular jatha/samparada and start feeling proud of being a GURU KA SIKH.

and have rational thinking.

I agree with you stop this im taksaali ,im this im that,and all you maryada fanatics give it a break getting on your high horses now im not commenting on bani.i believe the more bani read the better so leave that aside,im on about dodgy maryada like hazoor sahib,the fire and plate,chopping of goats rubbish like that,how is killing a goat maryada,only lost nihangs do this,on another point stop bigging up sant samaj as well,how can you have a Jatha of 'sants',are they higher than the rest of us?few dodgy faces in there,and taksalis why is every taksaal Jathedhar called Sant now? they were never before the 1900's ok on a few Jathedhars like Shaheed Sant Bhindranwale they have the right to be a sant,but not just anyone,how is Dhumma a Sant?Notice only recently Taskal Jathedhars have been called sant,

Reacting sharply to the actions of Jathedar Iqbal Singh of Patna Sahib, IHRO (International Human Rights Organization) Coordinator, Sikhs Affairs, and editor of Panthik journal Sant Sipahi, Gurcharanjit Singh Lamba in a statement took strong exception to Iqbal Singh's latest utterances against the supremacy of Akal Takhat and Panthik Maryada.

Sardar Lamba categorically emphasized that the action of Jathedar Iqbal Singh in trying to make changes in the Sikh Rahit Maryada unilaterally and denying the supremacy of Sri Akal Takhat Sahib is nothing but most irresponsible and reprehensible act and ought not be ignored.

He further reminded that though Takhat Sri Patna Sahib is managed under the Hindu Religious Endowment Act, still the Rules and Regulations or the Constitution of Takhat Sri Patna Sahib makes it abundantly clear that in the religious matters the authority of Sri Akal Takhat Sahib shall be final and binding.

It is not the first time that Iqbal Singh has tried to create confusion in the Panthik circles by denying the supremacy of Akal Takhat, and challenging the Panthik Rahit Maryada. He had earlier generated controversy by writing absolutely putrid book on meditation and its medicinal benifits. But keeping his position in mind the same was ignored by the Akal Takhat. And that has emboldened him to now challenge the authority of Akal Takhat. It is high time that the supremacy of Sri Akal Takhat Sahib and Sikh Rahit Maryada be maintained and not compromised.