Singh Marries Singh

Guest Ojaam

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the thing is though a sikh shouldnt be gay or straight, as the lord is formless and our love and our devotion should be to the lord, yes gursikhs do get married but whats the purpose of that marriage, is it for lust? when two gursikhs get married there 2 souls join into one and they prosper their sikhi together with both souls in one, and when they do anand karaj thats why u do parkarmeh to show maharaj is the centre of attention of their lives

then why do gursikhs produce offsprings?

could be argued that its a natural thing, how would sikhi prosper if younger generations werent born, the souls waiting to be liberated, by being given this human form wont be able to be born if it werent for that offspring

Guest Dr. Ojaam Singh

How dare you push such disrespect in my direction. Have I done anything to disrespect you young child?

I have spent years of my life in education to advance my personal knowledge and I ask such a question which is of concern to our general society today. We all know that the Sikh Society world wide is subject to such situations where an individual is vulnerable. If not advance for gay sikhs, then please leave your accusations out of the post. Let us be liberal and diplomatic simultaneously in order to find answers. I pity those individuals who make accusations of individuals who have sought an education to further the positivism in our culture. I see this generation is having some conflicts.

Guest KhALSTANii

What is there such an argument for!?!?!?! I actually know of a wedding with two singhs. i am wondering why there is such an argument. YES IT DOES HAPPEN AND IT IS HAPPENING.

Gosh, can't peeps just accept all singhs.

there have been 2 that I know of.

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

ਜਿਸੁ ਅੰਤਰਿ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਿ ਲਗੈ ਸੋ ਮੁਕਤਾ ॥

Those whose inner beings are attached to the Lord's Love are liberated.

ਇੰਦ੍ਰੀ ਵਸਿ ਸਚ ਸੰਜਮਿ ਜੁਗਤਾ ॥

They control their sexual desires, and their lifestyle is the self-discipline of Truth.

ਗੁਰ ਕੈ ਸਬਦਿ ਸਦਾ ਹਰਿ ਧਿਆਏ ਏਹਾ ਭਗਤਿ ਹਰਿ ਭਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥

Through the Word of the Guru's Shabad, they meditate forever on the Lord. This devotional worship is pleasing to the Lord.

Please read the whole shabad here:

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=340

Each individual has to decide why they're getting married in the first place and what it will achieve regardless of it being a gay marriage or not. From my limited understanding Gurbani tells us that there are more important things to dwell on than sexual orientation.

I agree with two points from two posts.

1) Anand Karaj was meant for an Amritdhari Singh and Singhni.

2) Gurbani describes the relationship between the Husband Lord and his Sikh the bride. Something to think about maybe.

What's wrong with being friends? Singhs in general have a great love for each other, but that love should be pure and based on love for Akaal Purakh. That doesn't mean they hook up/do stuff. Guru Saheb is our life partner, no matter how attached we might be to our spouse.

It's interesting that homosexuality has only appeared in humanity within the last ~60 years. Similarly it's been about a century with cancer. (No I'm not saying that homosexuality is a cancer.) It's just interesting : )

vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showtopic=158

If you would like to know our opinions on Gay/Lesbianism with regards to Sikhi please run a search on the forum as it has been discussed many times. Also bear in mind most of the replies here will be the personal views of the youth, your real answer will probably come through reading Gurbani and gaining understanding from there. Akal Takht already made a decision on this topic.

It's interesting that homosexuality has only appeared in humanity within the last ~60 years. Similarly it's been about a century with cancer. (No I'm not saying that homosexuality is a cancer.) It's just interesting : )

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Cancer by definition has been around since the beginning of life/cells. But in case you were wondering it was the Egyptians who first recorded it. The only thing which has changed is that the incidence is rising and rising.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh