V

Sakhi Of The Raja And Anoop Kaur

V, that's the problem with translations - read the original (or listen to Katha) and note the difference. I don't know if thsi Bani is on-line though, maybe someone can post a link if it is.

In the Gurmukhi, there is no doubt that Guru Ji is narrating a story, not talking about themselves. Also bear in mind that disciples of any guru are called shish/sikh. But this is irrelevant in this case, as explained above.

You definitely have a point that the Gurmukhi version can differ from the translation.

Have you personally read the gurmukhi version, or are you assuming that there is no doubt that Guru Ji is talking about someone else?

Also it’s quite a coincidence that (i) it’s a Raja from Anandpur (ii) who was also considered to be a GURU by the citizens (no, most people didn’t call the RAJA of the village for a GURU. (iii) who fulfilled everyone’s desires.

Quite a coincidence.

Also, if you do have the Punjabi version, please do post it here :@

Guest Pirthipal Singh

Its funny, how people live in the cyberspace as sikh cyber warrior. Its the blind judging the blind without understanding what EGO really is. Mostly people cannot understand ego, perhaps only talking about it from what they've read. Most parcharaks, baba, jatherdars, so called endorsed gursikh within the sikh fold under the symptoms of the ego. You can only know what it is if your mind has stood still for a long period of time. This composition is very likely written by an unenlightened mind and the character of the guru portrayed in this story is also extremely unenlightened. Buddha said if you believe, it means you don't know and if you know, then you don't have to believe anymore. The theme of guru granth sahib especially from baba nanak and kabir sahib and the theme of some of the composition in dasam granth are incompatible.

23 hours ago, Guest Pirthipal Singh said:

You can only know what it is if your mind has stood still for a long period of time. This composition is very likely written by an unenlightened mind and the character of the guru portrayed in this story is also extremely unenlightened. Buddha said if you believe, it means you don't know and if you know, then you don't have to believe anymore. The theme of guru granth sahib especially from baba nanak and kabir sahib and the theme of some of the composition in dasam granth are incompatible.

I totally disagree. Dasam Granth is different from SGGS ji for sure, with a heavier focus on social matters, literature, psychology, language, politics, culture, Indic mythology etc. etc. Repurposing traditional narratives to suit contemporary Sikh needs has also been done.   

If Guru ji used narratives to explain things to Sikhs, it's on you to try and grasp the underlying themes and points of the narratives, not discard them because your own preconceptions and mental conditioning go against this. 

Guest Singh
On 9/28/2020 at 1:23 PM, dallysingh101 said:

I totally disagree.

In effect, by doing so, are you categorically agreeing with Professor Piara Singh Padam's viewpoint?

http://www..org/articles/Anoop%20Kaur%20-%20Girlfriend%20of%20GGS.htm

Furthermore, are you also asserting that our Guru Sahibaan were Hindu Kings in their previous lives who divided up the actual GurGaddi of the future in a business deal (when they were Hindu Kings previously) as stated in Bachitar Natak (as opposed to Bibek Buddhi)?

http://www.globalsikhstudies.net/articles/Baldev%20Singh-Bachittar%20Natak%20A%20Strange%20Drama.doc

Bachitar Natak states that Guru Sahib had a caste that they were proud of. 1699 destroyed the very concept of caste via Kul Naash.

So which exactly is it? As Vaisakhi 1699 and Bachitar Natak are mutually exclusive. One cannot be both pro-caste and anti-caste.

2 hours ago, Guest Singh said:

In effect, by doing so, are you categorically agreeing with Professor Piara Singh Padam's viewpoint?

http://www..org/articles/Anoop%20Kaur%20-%20Girlfriend%20of%20GGS.htm

Furthermore, are you also asserting that our Guru Sahibaan were Hindu Kings in their previous lives who divided up the actual GurGaddi of the future in a business deal (when they were Hindu Kings previously) as stated in Bachitar Natak (as opposed to Bibek Buddhi)?

http://www.globalsikhstudies.net/articles/Baldev Singh-Bachittar Natak A Strange Drama.doc

Bachitar Natak states that Guru Sahib had a caste that they were proud of. 1699 destroyed the very concept of caste via Kul Naash.

So which exactly is it? As Vaisakhi 1699 and Bachitar Natak are mutually exclusive. One cannot be both pro-caste and anti-caste.

Nah, you just don't know how to analyse and read it. It's didactic narratives designed to make sense to the reader - not all historically based. 

A lot of it is based around literacy and explorations and adaptations of literary forms, jungh vidhya, bir raas, social issues, just governance. 

Guest Singh

Fair play to you Dally that you disagree with Piara Singh Padam and Sant Samaj.

http://www..org/articles/Anoop Kaur - Girlfriend of GGS.htm

But are you of the opinion our Guru Sahibaan were Hindu Kings in their previous lives who divided up the actual GurGaddi of the future in a business deal (when they were Hindu Kings previously) as stated in the purportedly autobiographical section of Bachitar Natak (as opposed to GurGaddi transferring via the jyot of Bibek Buddhi)?

http://www.globalsikhstudies.net/articles/Baldev Singh-Bachittar Natak A Strange Drama.doc

Bachitar Natak claims that Guru Sahib had a caste that they were proud of.

1699 destroyed the very concept of caste promoting the equality of all.

So which exactly is it? As Vaisakhi 1699 and Bachitar Natak are mutually exclusive. One cannot be both pro-caste and anti-caste at the same time.

It would be great if you could give your thoughts specifically relating to the above as such and not really concerning the other erotic stories from Charitropakhiyan. 

Thank you Dally Singh

3 hours ago, Guest Singh said:

But are you of the opinion our Guru Sahibaan were Hindu Kings in their previous lives who divided up the actual GurGaddi of the future in a business deal (when they were Hindu Kings previously) as stated in the purportedly autobiographical section of Bachitar Natak (as opposed to GurGaddi transferring via the jyot of Bibek Buddhi)?

So which exactly is it? As Vaisakhi 1699 and Bachitar Natak are mutually exclusive. One cannot be both pro-caste and anti-caste at the same time.

It would be great if you could give your thoughts specifically relating to the above as such and not really concerning the other erotic stories from Charitropakhiyan. 

Thank you Dally Singh

That paper is flimsy. The author clearly doesn't understand what they're reading friend. 

On 9/30/2020 at 11:57 AM, Guest Singh said:

This could be interpreted in multiple ways, other than the literal way you are suggesting. I don't think BN is simply autobiographical (in the modern sense) as you seem to be suggesting. It is a genre in itself. What may have happened here is a recounting of the Bedi/Sodhi traditional account of their ancestry. What Guru ji's feeling towards jaat-paat are is clear for anyone to see from their lives and actions, and people quoting passages out of the context of the lives and actions of Guru Sahiban are just people trying to manipulate to support their own personal views. Tva Parshaad Sahib gives a clear and explicit perspective on how Guru ji perceived 'royalty'. The section of Chaubees Avtaar that cover Rama (who was purportedly Dasmesh pita ji's ancestor), shows no pride or preferential treatment towards Lord Rama. 

As I alluded to earlier, the writings are not simple linear accounts that are interpretable on a surface level. You have to contextualise the text with the lives and times and actions of the Guru sahiban. If you approach it in the simplistic manner you appear to be doing, it's not going to help you. 

This is a personal experience I guess, if you approach the DG with modern day preconceptions and bias, you'll miss important aspects of it, that I think only those who make serious, independent effort deserve to grasp. I reiterate, simplistic surface interpretations (especially in the light of modern Singh Sabha westernised mindsets) won't work.  

That last point above also relates to how you've simplified CP into some collection of 'erotic stories' and it tells me a lot about the level of intellectual endeavour you've made to try and understand these complex and subtle texts, that can't be defined in the simple way you have done. 

It's not my job or desire to express my own personal opinion and experience with the texts, that's a personal experience between me and my Guru. 

• Like 1

Guest Bir Rass

If anyone in any doubt about the importance of Gurbani (Charitropakhiyan) google about the chamar kudi Simran Nijher

On one hand Dera Ballan crying about chamars can only marry chamars but then there are $lags like this acting as bikes

2 hours ago, Guest Bir Rass said:

If anyone in any doubt about the importance of Gurbani (Charitropakhiyan) google about the chamar kudi Simran Nijher

On one hand Dera Ballan crying about chamars can only marry chamars but then there are $lags like this acting as bikes

Not that caste is a central feature of people behaving in this way, but all the Nijhers I've met haven't been chamars? 

Guest Bir Rass
5 hours ago, dallysingh101 said:

Not that caste is a central feature of people behaving in this way, but all the Nijhers I've met haven't been chamars? 

True that as there's another rabidly anti-Sikh and Christian Jatt clown with a very similar surname. But this $lag is the daughter of one of the management committee member's of a famous Bhawan that now restricts chamars to marrying chamars and where Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji was thrown out. And this is the ethnically pure super-race that the Dera Ballan has now produced = Simran Kumari Nijher!

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/woman-alleged-killer-joked-boyfriend-19061679

Guest Bir Rass

Thank you Dally Singh

Of course Dashmesh Pita Ji wrote this Gurbani as the charitars explicitly reference the Guru/King of Sri Anandpur Sahib as Gobind which proves Sri Charitropakhiyan Sahib is Gurbani

On 10/12/2020 at 6:23 PM, Guest Bir Rass said:

True that as there's another rabidly anti-Sikh and Christian Jatt clown with a very similar surname. But this $lag is the daughter of one of the management committee member's of a famous Bhawan that now restricts chamars to marrying chamars and where Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji was thrown out. And this is the ethnically pure super-race that the Dera Ballan has now produced = Simran Kumari Nijher!

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/woman-alleged-killer-joked-boyfriend-19061679

You seem to have inside info? 

Are you from the same area? 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Topics

• Standing up and for ur comrades in arms is also a good quality, that turns to peer pressure and cowardiceness.  But its not only police who are guilty of it. Moh attacks everyone. People will lie to protect their family, their cult, their religion and their brothers in arms.  In fact, thats what happened in panjab during kharkoo (militant) times. If you read Khalistan by cynthia mehmoud, that was the only crime she could find done by sikh seperatists. That one sikh would take bombs into crowded marketplaces to kill hindus, and none of the members of his team condemned him. She asked them if it was wrong to kill innocents, they said yes. But they wouldn't comdemn him. They said he is one of ours, a brother.  Panjabi Sikh people will be the last to support any ideological movement. Because they have suffered from ideology alot. First in 1947, they were promised a  better nation, just for sikhs. And how many innocent sikhs got butchered? Then in 1984 to 1995, while the kharkhoos and rebels enjoyed glorius shaheedis, it was the common folk who suffered dehydration, curfews, torture, army rule, becoming orphans and a loss of economy. Most sikhs at heart are secularist and scared stiff of religious ideologues who can ignite another doomed revolution and entice their children to early death.  That is why most sikh people judge movements by their effect on the common people not their ideology. It doesnt matter what equalities are promised,.what wrongs will be righted, look at the actions. So to sikhs, BLM is terrible. It comes for their  businesses and livelihood. And one cant even try to defend against the looters:  https://anncoulter.com/2020/09/23/innocent-until-proven-trump-supporterxxxx/ Thats the general panjabi thought about BLM. Heres mine: i support Black Lives Matter Too. That was the original name by the founders. I think it makes a lot more sense. Also im after the truth, but between the nbc and cbc whitewashing and fox news fearmongering, its hard to know whats true. I dont want to be lead by the mainstream media which is supporting ppl like biden, using all this unrest to paint trump bad. Its been wrong about the russian fraud, to trump impeachement to so many things. They have been calling the protest peaceful. Big games are afoot and i dont want to be a pawn. First the media was like social distancing. Shut down gurudware and churches. Then they allow and encourage ppl to attend these huge protests.which even though they included looting and burning were called peaceful. They wont condemn anything, even though many videos show black people angry cuz their kids got shot and killed, their businesses looted. One one sided narrative is being pushed and of anyone even criticizes a little bit they are canceled with shouts of racism.  So while i support BLMT, i wont let that turn me into a passive bystander. Its not only the end that matters, its also the means to get there.  Anyone can commit crimes under a movement, so be vigilant. A protest can easily be turned into a mob. And a mob is dangerous especially if it inevitably goes to loot rich places. As sikhs are rich, and have businesses and big houses, they can be a target. As the koreans were in LA riots. Nobody supported the koreans. The media and artists celebrated the rioters. But the koreans who had to defend their homes and stores with guns were all alone during the riots and the damages too. Also the rodney king riots, did they solve anything?  Will these protests? In the beginning BLM was smart. They knew doing peaceful protests werent gonna do anything. Ppl and governmwnts only pay attention when property is involved. So they were smart, they tartgeted police departments, governemnt buildings.and even big stores were ok.  And in war and big movements sometimes bystanders get hurt. I mean it was the sikhs tweeting 17 better 10,000 in support of rajoana. That the 17 bystanders killed in suicide bombing by rajoana was good because the guy who was killed wouldve killed many more sikhs. So i understand if some innocents get killed or some sikh businesses looted. What i dont like about BLM is thats its becoming cult like. The media wont report anything true about riots vs peaceful protests or anything negative, and if anyone is critical they are canceled. These are not just fox news talking points i have noticed it. Shutting down disagreements, hiding the truth is leading to propaganda and authoritarianism. That is more worrisome than racism.    
    • I assumed that...I was explaining myself..
    • Background https://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Balmiki
    • Gurbani Word Of The Day: Baalmeek https://www.sikh24.com/2017/02/15/gurbani-word-of-the-day-baalmeek/

Important Information

Terms of Use