How To Deal With Air Kisses?

singh1986

I was wondering wether people could lend me some advice as to how to deal with Air Kisses as a way women use to greet or say goodbye. I usually put forth my hand to shake but they usually come in and follow up with a kiss aswell and sometimes plant their lips on my Dhari which I find really cringy!

Is there any body movement I can take or something? if they usually try to follow up the hand shake I kinda make it into a hug but then they end up kissing my neck :D

Any Polite ways to suggest Im not comfortable with Air Kisses? I know some European people who do it twice each side! blink.gif

Or am I being overly sensitive? grin.gif

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

omg iv bin in exactly the same position as you, there this guy at coll who really the touchy feely type so i tried to keep my distance but it never worked, in the end i just told him i didnt like it n he stopped u could try the same perhaps

Is there any way you could avoid them?

Ideally telling them straight would be the simplest option. It might be a bit of shock to them but what else is there? Although you might get tired of telling every single woman who tries it.

Other ideas:

- Stick a sign on your forehead which says 'No-touch-zone' (It works, but you get funny looks)

- Whenever anybody tries to hug/kiss you, tense your whole body us as if you've been hit by a taser. They usually get the feeling that something is wrong and will either ask you about it, in which case you explain, or even better they will feel like they just did something extremely stupid and will never mention the incident again.

- Run.

- Tell them you have a contagious skin condition, and it's terminal.

Hope this helped.

- Tell them you have a contagious skin condition, and it's terminal.

hahahaha

yeh 'air kisses' are annoying, but whats even more annoying is when random ppl that youve never spoken to before in your life do it.

as they walk towards you, take an exaggerated step backwards and extend your hand.

theyll get the jist lollll

Just out of curiosity, who does this to you? and where... as in work? college?

I only ever have this problem when over in France (with work), but after my first visit over they all (well the people that i work with over there) realised that i only shake hands...

i only hug my family theres no way im going to do that air kissing stuff with strangers!!

If it's someone who you see regularly and therefore there likely to continue to do it when ever you meet, you need to be honest and tell them.

Best to be honest or if your not comfortable with that, just try and extend your hand first...