Jathedar In The Mood....

Vedanti’s view on ‘Khalistan’ puts SAD in fix

Tribune News Service

Amritsar, April 29

The Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) today found itself in a sticky situation following an open support for creating “independent Sikh homeland” by Joginder Singh Vedanti, jathedar, Akal Takht, during his current visit to New York.

SAD president Sukhbir Singh Badal had to face embarrassment when mediapersons sought his reaction on the announcement of Vedanti, who had stated that “the community has the right to separate Sikh state”.

This announcement was made by him on the occasion of Sikh Parade where Vedanti was the chief guest.

His statement also coincided with the 22nd anniversary of the “Khalistan declaration” made by the then five-member Panthic committee from Akal Takht on April 29, 1986.

The controversy happened at a time when SAD has been making all-out efforts to woo Hindu voters for the forthcoming Amritsar byelection.

The statement, however, has emboldened the hardliners such as the Dal Khalsa.

Its general secretary Kanwarpal Singh said after a long time, the jathedar has “articulated the collective aspiration” of Sikhs.

http://www.tribuneindia.com/2008/20080430/punjab1.htm#10

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sikhs in punjab dont want khalistan ... the thing which really matters is punjab and people living in it ... rest everyone is free to protest in canada or uk or new york ...

You cant say about all sikhs.

It is today that almost all brave sikhs are killed by military and only cowards left.

Cowards are so afraid to fight that they say there own points as of everyone.

So point is blood of our brothers, it is really a sin to forget the cause, and duty of every sikh to walk on there path.

Just i wonder how easily people forget past :(

I assume such type of people may forgive Meer Manu and all.

sikhs in punjab dont want khalistan ... the thing which really matters is punjab and people living in it ... rest everyone is free to protest in canada or uk or new york ...

Maybe you messed up nihangs don't want it but the Quam does you want to live under Delhis rule you do so ,but you don't speak for the qoum

Maybe you messed up nihangs don't want it but the Quam does you want to live under Delhis rule you do so ,but you don't speak for the qoum

DESH QURBAANI MANGDA HAI

KOMAN DE MUQADAR KHOON DI KALAM NAAL HI LIKHE JANDE NE

SURA SO PEH-CHANIYE

JO LARE DEEN KE HAET

PURJA PURJA KAT MARE

KABHOO NA CHAADE KHET

post-16957-1209541161.jpg

I have to agree with Veer Jassa Jee, when im in punjab the overall mood I sense is not for khalistan. When in the UK, Canada etc, there is a different mood. Its easy to protest on the steets of London or New York then go back home and carry on with your daily lives. But people in Punjab stuggle for money to buy food, educating their children etc. deprivation is such a big problem.

The challenges of Punjab are constantly changing and people abroad are out of touch with punjab and its problems. The poorer people dont have time for Khalistan will continue to stuggle in their lives or to even survive, the richer people believe in a modern and secular state and People in the UK, US and Canada will remain in the their respective countrys, thats how I see it. Veer Eshani jee, you may only see cowards left in Punjab, but alot of people only see cowards who ran abroad and call for the creation of Khalistan thousands of miles away from the action. So who is the coward? Those who live in India? or those who shout thousands of miles away knowing India cant bite back?

Raj Karegh khalsa was written by Bhai Nand Lal Singh jee, it has nothing to do with creating a state in my eyes. We need to look at the context it was written in. Before this pauri, Bhai Nand Laal Singh jee is telling us what the Khalsa can and cannot do. Then he says Raj karega Khalsa (the khalsa should rule over the above) akhee rahya na kaoo (none of the above vices should remain). This is my understand of the line. We need to look at the whole compisition and not seperate Raj karega khalsa from it.

I have to agree with Veer Jassa Jee, when im in punjab the overall mood I sense is not for khalistan. When in the UK, Canada etc, there is a different mood. Its easy to protest on the steets of London or New York then go back home and carry on with your daily lives. But people in Punjab stuggle for money to buy food, educating their children etc. deprivation is such a big problem.

The challenges of Punjab are constantly changing and people abroad are out of touch with punjab and its problems. The poorer people dont have time for Khalistan will continue to stuggle in their lives or to even survive, the richer people believe in a modern and secular state and People in the UK, US and Canada will remain in the their respective countrys, thats how I see it. Veer Eshani jee, you may only see cowards left in Punjab, but alot of people only see cowards who ran abroad and call for the creation of Khalistan thousands of miles away from the action. So who is the coward? Those who live in India? or those who shout thousands of miles away knowing India cant bite back?

Raj Karegh khalsa was written by Bhai Nand Lal Singh jee, it has nothing to do with creating a state in my eyes. We need to look at the context it was written in. Before this pauri, Bhai Nand Laal Singh jee is telling us what the Khalsa can and cannot do. Then he says Raj karega Khalsa (the khalsa should rule over the above) akhee rahya na kaoo (none of the above vices should remain). This is my understand of the line. We need to look at the whole compisition and not seperate Raj karega khalsa from it.

Very wise and realistic words. It boils down to a whole naive immature view of the bigger picture. Some people think of Khalistan in such a dreamy way without realistically looking at in the context of the real people who will be directly effected by the desired end product.

I look forward to the Khalistan Day at Smethwick next week and really want to see if the ideology has progressed any further since in the last 10 years or is it still the same old same old.

So all you want to say forget the past, forgive the police.

Forget the aim for which thousands sikhs die.

It is so easy for only those who have not lost anyone, but difficult for those whose family members have give there life for cause.

By leaving the cause how can one show his face to our martyrs.

The same thing prevail during Mughal rule, they say sikhs are finished but again they rise.

The people who dont support this cause have no respect to martyrs and only want to say that they wrongly fight for it. Read history if you dont fight then all sikhs in Punjab will finally either be killed or leave religion to become punjabi who goes to temple and gurudwara. and thinks Raja Ram Chander is in Guru Granth sahib and worship mythological or imaginary characters.