Why Don't You Take Amrit?

Akaali

Root of it would be the plain fact that Guroo Sahib hasn't chosen me yet, all the obstacles are there because Guroo Sahib hasn't removed them yet. This might sound like I'm making excuses, but I think the point is that I should be working hard to the goal so that guroo sahib then decides to remove those obstacles, which i am currently doing a VERY bad job of, infact not doing it at all.

Is it really because Guru Sahib hasn't chosen you or you haven't chosen Guru Sahib yet to be your everything? (tan man kaat kaat sabh arpee..)

The "obstacles" are probably due to your own hesitance of taking it, if you hesitate you can't follow this path, you have to jump the cliff and hope that he will catch you.

Isnt this really a useless question to ask?

We ALL know that we should take Amrit no matter what....

But we are all HUMANS and we all have our own personal barriers.

To break those barriers is the unique task we each face....

It's like we all know certain things are bad but we still do them. Why...cause we are not perfect.

The process to become perfect is our goal.

i would actually like to learn sikhi before committing to anything. though i am born into a sikh, i would like to be like those non-sikh would first learn the whole religion before committing to following it, i guess that is why many non-indian sikhs are more confined to the whole uniform of sikhi rather than simply class themselves has sikhs.

i would not want to take amrit and be empty inside without knowing the true values of sikhi, as one is more likley to make mistakes if they discover sikh values after taking amrit.

Isnt this really a useless question to ask?

Please explain how its useless?

Maybe someone is not taking amrit because of their parents, or maybe they're involved in a relationship with someone and doesn't know how to get out, or maybe they're handicapped, maybe they were refused amrit, maybe they don't know how to prepare, maybe they can't get to an amrit sanchar, or maybe there isn't one being organized in the area.

I'm not sure how long you've been on SS, but alot of youth have alot of issues in regards to this, so I'm sorry if you find this question useless but unlike you many have been asking this question to themselves, and by addressing the issue the sangat can maybe help those few individuals and give them that extra push towards amrit, and if you find this or any initiative for motivating others to take amrit useless you haven't understood amrit in the first place.

Bhul chuk muaf.

no, i think its a good question, makes us confront ourselves, personally its been a while since i have asked myself this :(

Is it really because Guru Sahib hasn't chosen you or you haven't chosen Guru Sahib yet to be your everything? (tan man kaat kaat sabh arpee..)

The "obstacles" are probably due to your own hesitance of taking it, if you hesitate you can't follow this path, you have to jump the cliff and hope that he will catch you.

hmmm, i see what you are saying. I think, its a fine line between his hukam playing in the background, and our own human laziness, stupidity, etc. haha.

I suppose its true, I mean i should be giving myself to guroo sahib by doing whatever steps are next for me at this moment in time, and then wait for him to come...

For me its av, and has been main reason ashamedly for the past few years. It makes me sick that i can't even do this, I used to try before, it hardly used to work, so i just gave up :sleep:

thank god hes got me doing nitnem atleast vahegurroooo, could still improve that though, need love and to actually concentrate, maybe then hell give me amritvela.

As I reflect upon what stopped me initially, I now realise that it was the multi-faceted nature of the EGOistic mind.

The EGO or Edging God Out, is the minds conditioned and primitive thoughts that make us to believe in it, rather than our spiritual consciousness that reveals itself in moments of clarity.

These moments are there when we pray in times of need, when we meditate, and when we do Good or (Good - o) = God.

Then we become the manifest nature of our True Selves. The Truth that underlies our very purpose.

When in even a single moment of such clarity did my heart strings vibrate, then whatever barriers the ego mind created melted away.

And the Guru would light the way...

Guest G.Kaur

Taking Amrit is easier said than done.

Personally I think it's more important that we Amritdharis ask ourselves if we have lived up to our promises we gave on our Amrit Sanchar day.