It Guru Ji's Bana Not Nihang Bana!

i think everyones forgeting that akjs werent around/created when the nihangs received their bana from guru gobind singh, so therefore it is fair to say akjs stole the nihang bana as they were made during the mid 20th century, its like me starting to wear a samurai sword (which was only worn by samurai) and then saying its not a samurai sword its a japanese sword, or wearing samurai armour and saying its japanese armour, yes it is japanese armour and a japanese sword but it belonged to the samurai, in conext of this debate, yes it is guru gobind singhs bana but it belonged to the nihangs as guru gobind singh was an akali nihang.

also, tell me im wrong when i say only nihangs wore this bana up until the akj was made and sikh militancy rose in panjab? only then other jathas wore nihang bana. so how can you say akjs didnt steal it, its not nihang bana?

fact is many here dont know their own history and dont want to face up to facts

even the british state that this bana is exclusive to nihangs as sir john f mcqueen 9who lived in the 19th century stated: "the akali dress is peculiar. the men wear...bangles on their wrists and quoits of steel on their blue conical turbans, togesther with miniture daggers and an iron chain"

if it wasnt exclusive they wouldnt stated "however the akj headed by bhai randeer singh also wear this bana" it is quite evident that only akalis wore this dress quite simply because akj wasnt around then to wear it

so how can you argue that it isnt nihang bana when the british who fought with the nihangs, lived before the akj, during maharaja ranjit singhs rule stated it was exclusive to the nihangs. they even use the word nihang and akali - people who argue against it have no case as there is no mention of akj being in exsistance

Guest peacemaker

You waste all this time and energy writing all these long responses and I keep saying to myself, "Who really gives a damn what it is!". The post above is a total knock on AKJ though.

i think everyones forgeting that akjs werent around/created when the nihangs received their bana from guru gobind singh, so therefore it is fair to say akjs stole the nihang bana as they were made during the mid 20th century, its like me starting to wear a samurai sword (which was only worn by samurai) and then saying its not a samurai sword its a japanese sword, or wearing samurai armour and saying its japanese armour, yes it is japanese armour and a japanese sword but it belonged to the samurai, in conext of this debate, yes it is guru gobind singhs bana but it belonged to the nihangs as guru gobind singh was an akali nihang.

also, tell me im wrong when i say only nihangs wore this bana up until the akj was made and sikh militancy rose in panjab? only then other jathas wore nihang bana. so how can you say akjs didnt steal it, its not nihang bana?

fact is many here dont know their own history and dont want to face up to facts

even the british state that this bana is exclusive to nihangs as sir john f mcqueen 9who lived in the 19th century stated: "the akali dress is peculiar. the men wear...bangles on their wrists and quoits of steel on their blue conical turbans, togesther with miniture daggers and an iron chain"

if it wasnt exclusive they wouldnt stated "however the akj headed by bhai randeer singh also wear this bana" it is quite evident that only akalis wore this dress quite simply because akj wasnt around then to wear it

so how can you argue that it isnt nihang bana when the british who fought with the nihangs, lived before the akj, during maharaja ranjit singhs rule stated it was exclusive to the nihangs. they even use the word nihang and akali - people who argue against it have no case as there is no mention of akj being in exsistance

lol sorry your post makes sense but doesnt at the same time I mean...to use the word STEAL in itself is just not nice isnt it? AKJ or any other gursikh would never STEAL anything. Therefore they could not have STOLEN this bana. It is simply warn by them because they still consider themselves Sikhs of Guru Gobind Singh Ji. If in Guru Ji's time all were nihangs it's not their fault that by the time they were born, they werent born nihangs? If you're saying all sikhs in Guru Ji's times were nihangs then why especially cal them 'ladlian fauj'? And also, why did they not refer to ALL sikhs as Nihangs? :6 Confusing I know, but you get the gist. Basically to say that only Nihangs should wear bana is ludicrous, especially for those people not born into nihang famillies.

Furthermore, bana is bana, it's not owned by anyone but Guru Ji; wear what you want but for the love of Waheguru stop arguing over it. :rolleyes:

ok bhenji, i see where your coming from, the Jatha has NOT stolen the bana

we are one panth, that's like taking a cup from my right hand and putting it in my left saying i stole it from my slef

basically stole isn't exactly the right word

acqquired

used

adapted

idunno, sumthin like that, stole jus is seriously illogical here

and peacemaker, i realize u have a serious prollem/rivalry with KKV bhenji

plz keep it in the PM box, dont bring it out here

by doing so we are merely causing/making bigger problems that do not need to be heard

GAJJ KE JAKARA GAJAVE FATEH PAAVE NIHAL HO JAAVE SAT SRI AKAL GUR BAR AKAAL HI AKAAL

SHAHEEDO SINGH CHITO GUPTO, SARBAT GURU KHALSA SINGH SAHIB JI KO SAT SRI AKAL

BA(n)KIA(n) FAUJAA(n) DEO MALKO! RAKHNI BIRD BANHE KI LAAAAJJJ

SODHI SACHE PATShAH JIOO

TERA KHALSA JAPPA

AKAAALL HI AKAAAL

KHUSHIAA DE JAIKARE LAVE GUR KALGIDHAR DE MAN NOO BHAVE

MAHARAJ APP APNI LAADLIFAUJ, APNE PANTH NOO SAMBHALE

SOJHI, EKTA BAKHSHE

NADRO NADR NIHAL HOVE

SAT SRI AKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLUUUUUUUUUHHHHhahaHaHHHHHHH

Guest peacemaker
and peacemaker, i realize u have a serious prollem/rivalry with KKV bhenji

To clarify, the first part of my post was on this thread as whole. Also, so what if I don't care for someone using the word "stole"? That's why I called it a knock. I'm not AKJ, but will defend them and I don't really see why my name is brought up. This is my first post in this thread and I've had enough of all the fighting.

im sorry if i offended people, but the points i raised arnt opinions, these are facts, i provided parallels, analogys and sources (sir john f mcqeen), if i had just plainly said "akjs jacked nihang bana" that would be regarded as a "knock" and rightly so as there is no backing to this statement, however i have provided backing to this statement and consulted valid sources which others have not. otheres state "no its khalsa bana it dosnt belong to nihangs etc etc" but no backing or historical sources have gone into this. how can you write about something that concerns history and needs historical backing/sources/information etc when you havnt consulted any historical source? its ludacris to do so as those arguements have no legs to standon

Guest peacemaker

The last thing I'm going to say is, had you not used the word "stole", I probably wouldn't have gotten involved in this thread and just accepted what you wrote. That's about it.