American Sikh's Do Bhangra Dance

_!_GUPT_!_

First of all, all those quotes on the end of the last page dont refer to dancing for the sake of entertainment
rajdeep that is totally taken out of context.

iqRXw rwg sunih icq lwie ] sunhu lwl so jmpuir jwie ]17]

thriyaa raag sunehi chith laae || sunahu laal so jamapur jaae ||17||

Those who listen to dirty lyrics and lustful tunes with attention, listen Nand Lal Jee, they will be punished by the angel of death.

- Rehatnama Bhai Nand Laal Jee

myry mohn sRvnI ieh n sunwey ] swkq gIq nwd Duin gwvq bolq bol Ajwey ]1] rhwau ]

maerae mohan sravanee eih n sunaaeae || saakath geeth naadh dhhun gaavath bolath bol ajaaeae ||1|| rehaao ||

O my fascinating Lord, may I never listen to the faithless cynic, singing his songs and tunes, and chanting his useless words. ||1||Pause||

- Guru Arjan Dev Ji Mahraj

siqgur kI bwxI ibnw rsnw rtih jo hor so mwirAw krqwr kw pVw nrik mD Gor]26]

sathigur kee baanee binaa rasanaa rattehi jo hor so maariaa karathaar kaa parraa narak madhh ghora||26||

Those who disregard the Guru's Bani and chant or speak anything else. will be punished by God Himself.

AgY jwiq n puCIAY krxI sbdu hY swru ] horu kUVu pVxw kUVu kmwvxw ibiKAw nwil ipAwru ]

agai jaath n pushheeai karanee sabadh hai saar || hor koorr parranaa koorr kamaavanaa bikhiaa naal piaar ||

Hereafter, no one is questioned about social status; excellent and sublime is the practice of the Word of the Shabad. Other study is false, and other actions are false; such people are in love with poison.

- Guru Amar Das Ji Mahraj

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest peacemaker

Another big brou·ha·ha over NOTHING! When people ask me why I don't really post much here or take much interest in this site anymore, this is the reason! You can't even post something so harmless without someone attacking it and killing it! Who needs this? I'd rather have a hole in my head, quite frankly.

One of the guys in that video is Prabhu Singh. Read his blog before you start judging his or anyone else's sikhi!

http://prabhukhalsa.blogspot.com/

It was a very good video and I found NOTHING wrong with it! NOTHING! NOTHING! NOTHING!!!!! Take that and tear my words apart like you do everythng else.

Another big brou·ha·ha over NOTHING! When people ask me why I don't really post much here or take much interest in this site anymore, this is the reason! You can't even post something so harmless without someone attacking it and killing it! Who needs this? I'd rather have a hole in my head, quite frankly.

One of the guys in that video is Prabhu Singh. Read his blog before you start judging his or anyone else's sikhi!

It was a very good video and I found NOTHING wrong with it! NOTHING! NOTHING! NOTHING!!!!! Take that and tear my words apart like you do everythng else.

Is this not the state of every Sikhism website, forum, attitude generally?

Lost their ways they ave'

I prefer hanging out with New Age spirituals compared to Sikhs these days as a result of the same thing, the world is awakening to a new way of living, and once again the people who have been given gifts have forfeited them

It's funny people who love to criticize people who dance in that video probably don't have any problem playing sports or watching sports. .. if thats a case then its total hypocrisy/double standards on their part.

Don't get me wrong i m not saying dancing is bad or good, i believe in dancing in love for god on spiritual song is parvaan as love does not have boundaries and not bound to maryada which is not goal for sikh,, maryada supposed to help to get you to guru but not guru himself.

Nevertheless, if one wishes to tell us dancing is manmat but sports are ok are highly delusion themselves and as guilty as people who likes to do bhagra all day on dirty lyrics. whats the difference? one dances on dirty lyrics, other one play sports and plays in intoxication of confidence, ego, target. Both at the end of day, during the act are not meditating on vahiguroo if they are then they are exceptions/poojan jogs along with their moves and acts.

Why i bought up sports ? I bought up sports to put spin on this, i know majority of new age sikh youths who gone on preaching, quoting gurbani, rehitnamas right, left and center and put on guilty trips on people are highly into sports- either basketball, footie, cricket, baseball, hockey etc etc. If one wants to argue sports is for staying fit, one can argue on a same token dancing is for staying fit and healthy as well looking at the amount of energy and move both of these acts use.

over and out!

i don't have any issues with anyone doing bhangra whether Gursikh or not. i do belive that bhangra is not what it was 20/30 years ago, then it was clean and for family celebrations etc. Now bhangra dance/music is completly associated with Alcohol, Kaam etc. Look no further than the videos that are coming out, you can't even watch them with your family..for this reason i've disassociated myself from bhangra...but hey, each to their own...

that is cool, but i am associating myself with bhangra to annoy the anti-bhangra fanatics, a few of who i have come into contact with in real life.

lol ^^

someone plese post the tuks from gurbani which states that when we dance we are fools..i cant seem to find it ouvawise i would've posted it up myself

i am sure it will be taken out of context :) ))))

siqgur kI bwxI ibnw rsnw rtih jo hor so mwirAw krqwr kw pVw nrik mD Gor]26]

sathigur kee baanee binaa rasanaa rattehi jo hor so maariaa karathaar kaa parraa narak madhh ghora||26||

Those who disregard the Guru's Bani and chant or speak anything else. will be punished by God Himself.

i guess u have spoken something else :p

when we r in our 8.4 million junes we beg guru ji for 1 life so we can get closer to him.

Then guru ji does great blessings and makes as a singh or singni

and now mosst of as go in bangra and stuff wene we die what do we tell guru ji "oh it was my m8s wedding i was doing danceing/ bhangra. guru ji gives as 1 chance in millions of years and we waste it we should least do 2.5 hours of simran path of seva each day at min but most of this dont do this even me i cant do this so we can ask guru ji to blees as with that. and ask him to take as awaye from the 5 and daneingh/bhangra drugs take as awaye from this crap and get as to guru ji.

gupt says

don't matter

i didnt say there is anything wrong with having fun

THAT IS NOT FUN FUN IS WHEN WE SINGH GURU JI PRAISE GRUOO VAHEGUROO VAHEGUROOO SAY THAT WITH YOUR FULL HEART AND THAT IS FUN.

In gurbani it says

guramukh laahaa lai geae manamukh chalae mool gavaae jeeo |19|

The Gurmukhs reap their profits and leave, while the self-willed manmukhs lose their investment and depart. ||19||

and we mango with nothing because with bhangera so i am sorry gupt bu u r wrong.

Dass is sorry if dass said any thing erorng or if this hurt any one but this the truth.

VAHEGUROOO JO KA KHALSA VAHEGUROOO JI KI FATHE!!!

hope guru blesss as all

gupt says

don't matter

i didnt say there is anything wrong with having fun

not ment for gupt sorry it preeti

she says

there pretty good....sharam di gal ki ya?

the sharm is that we should not be danceing and we should be doing simran saorry gupt u r rite we r sons of pita guru gobind singh ji.

u should be doing simran, now stop typing on the computer...

:lol: ..literally i dont care if u post on this site or not..^^ but the link to the blog above was fine and i found nothing wrong with it too :D