SaRpAnCh

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Satpalahuja

Welcome to the forum. Refreshing to have someone who might be open minded if you’re real. Thanks for the history lessons and here’s one for you, going way back to the times of kindergarten… “be kind”.

Your personal attacks at Sarpanch are unwarranted and not welcome. We are a bit of a family on this forum. We disagree with each other, and sometimes we go over the top. Over time, we accept that we’re all here to learn from one another and we get along, sometimes in strange ways and with occasional flare ups.

You’ve just walked into our living room and started off with personal attacks. My bro Sarpanch in my eyes is a bit of an untamed tiger at times (accept my apology bro and hit me back).

However, he should be commended for not going off the rails…. while you attack him personally and manage to include every bollywood sikh stereotype in 3 posts, and insult the faith and it’s followers, while claiming to defend sikhi!!

Get a feel for the room first so you don’t come across as a drunk at a tea party. Look forward to your insight on this forum.

Sarpanch - you have learnt one lesson about this, never argue with fools! So dont do it! :homer

This goes for many people on the forum, if some random users post some stupid things, they do it for theirselves not for others so why argue and make your tongue black.

These people show ignorance and don't know nothing at all about their faiths even.

''It could be because she realised that Sikhs are no different from Hindus or Muslims.

Then your realisation is wrong. And you can only be right, in your point of view, when one is BLIND and DEAF.

Sikhism theology is a fusion of Hinduism and Islam.

Neither Hinduism nor Islam gives freedom to women. Sikhism does.

Neither Hinduism nor Islam treats everybody, negardless of religion, equally. Sikhism does.

Neither Hinduism nor Islam says to give 10% of your earning to poor. Sikhism does.

Neither Hinduism nor Islam says to NOT to go on pilgrimage. Sikhism does.

And the list goes on and on....

Nanak, the "so called" founder of Sikhism never called himself a sikh but considered himself a hindu; rejecting certain rituals of Hinduism doesn't mean he rejected Hinduism.
Nine of the gurus never had the five "Ks" which only becamee a sikh identity after tenth guru decided to make it so!

All Gurus till 1699, where SIKHS. Guru Gobind SIngh Ji made not the Sikh indentity, but the SINGH identity. If you want to see Sikhs of the time of the 1st Guru, then go to Iraq. During Guru Nanak's Udasis (preaching tours) Guru Ji went there and preached The Truth (Sikhi) to the people. And even now there are several disciples of Guru Nanak in Iraq. These people are generally Goldsmiths by professions and are called Sobi and live on the banks of the Tigris river, partiuclarly in the cities of Al Kut and Baghdad. They are experts in their trade. They keep long hair and do not cut their beards and remember the Guru by names of Baba Nanak or Baba Nana. The thing worth noting down is that after Guru Nanak nobody visited Iraq. And still you can find followers of Guru Nanak aka Nanakpanthis aka Sikhs there, but not Singhs. Hope you get it.

As for Amitabh's mother being a sikh only in name - what a joke! That should make 99% of the Sikhs being "Sikh" only in name.

She was not a Sikh my friend. Each person who says that is an ignorant person. When a Sikh female marries a non-Sikh (Hindu, Harivansh Rai Bachchan) then she belongs to that religion.

Using Nanak's phrase "Na koi Hindu, na koi Musalmaan", it could be said - na koi Sikh either!!!

How can you say 'Na Koi Sikh'? We mention what Guru Nanak said.. And Guru Ji said 'Na Koi Hindu, Nao Koi Musalmaan".

One only has to visit any Gurdwara to see what a farce Sikhism as a religion has become.

Whats a farce? Learn to type before you want to argue with Singhs!

Worshipping a book is not different than praying to an idol!

We do not worship a book. We just bow down in respect, just like some ignorant people do to real/fake Saints and also thugs like Gurmeet Ram Raheem. And we don't bow down to the BOOK in body. But we bow down to what is written in it => SHABAD.

Depicting pictures of gurus who proabably never had long hair or wore turbun is ridiculous.

You bandar, you said "PROBABLY" which means you ain't sure. So shut your mouth.

So, get your own house in order first before making allegations!!!''

No my friend. Its you who should get a villa "in order first before making allegations!!!"

Look at this new user openly insulting the Gurus and Sikhi

''

It could be because she realised that Sikhs are no different from Hindus or Muslims. Sikhism theology is a fusion of Hinduism and Islam. Nanak, the "so called" founder of Sikhism never called himself a sikh but considered himself a hindu; rejecting certain rituals of Hinduism doesn't mean he rejected Hinduism. Nine of the gurus never had the five "Ks" which only becamee a sikh identity after tenth guru decided to make it so! As for Amitabh's mother being a sikh only in name - what a joke! That should make 99% of the Sikhs being "Sikh" only in name. Using Nanak's phrase "Na koi Hindu, na koi Musalmaan", it could be said - na koi Sikh either!!! One only has to visit any Gurdwara to see what a farce Sikhism as a religion has become. Worshipping a book is not different than praying to an idol! Depicting pictures of gurus who proabably never had long hair or wore turbun is ridiculous. So, get your own house in order first before making allegations!!!''

REPORT HIM

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?showto...st&p=361617

I am amused that you want to report people you cannot argue with. It shows how insecure you are, and how mentally bankrupt you are. This is a shame, because though there are so many examples of sikh success stories, but there are too many santas and bantas are like you amongst us - Intolerant and useless people who would and will ruin any sikh run political establishment ( including your khalistan )

Today india is a success because level minded hindus from south india & bengal, also intelligent gujaratis and marwaris are balancing silly bhaiyyas from the cow belt, silly tribals from the centre and north east, and we over excitable Punjabis and Sikhs cannot have our own way.

coming back to your main post complaint - its not all that wrong.

Worshipping a book is not different than praying to an idol! - is that not true ?

Depicting pictures of gurus who probably never had long hair or wore turbun is ridiculous. - is that not true ?

Let me add something. I have read that Aarti means ( gagan mein thal - raag chand deepak bane ) that Guru Nanak Devji was criticizing ostentatious pretensions in religion. Then we silly sardarjis come along and cover Harmandir Sahib with gold.

So, get your own house in order first before making allegations!!!'' - ………………….now – is that not true as well ?

And about our Guru Nanak Dev ji being a Hindu - well .......... i dont believe at all that he considered himself to be a hindu, but i dont believe either that he wanted something very different. Guruji only wanted to rid Hinduism of brahmanical evils which he did not believe in.

Whatever i say, is open to debate. In brief, History means 'to dig the ground, find something, explain half of it, and add your own views to the other half not explained'. That is why we idolize Maharaja Ranjit Singh whereas the Pakistanis consider him to be an intolerant fanatic. And vice versa about Aurangzeb.

Hindus have learnt one thing that they cannot learn another.

http://escapefromindia.wordpress.com/ Satpal ji visit this link to know about the wonders that is Hinduism. (parental advisory content)

Sarpanch Ji I read your posts from time to time and this is the first time I am commenting on your post.

I mostly stand by your side. We need to have hot blood like you (Bhagat Singh) Gandhi style no no like most of us.

When time comes with guru ji's kirpa I will do something that I be proud of.. You know what I mean. :nishaan_sahib_right:

The admins should have let him stay and debate - on one condition: if he loses the debate, he becomes a Singh.

I agree, you know the thing is, i don't think banning people is a right solution of this problem, solution would be taking all his doubts and so called claims out of the root by discussion so cannot spew his gand about guru sahiban to others in real life,... in the past people like him came about, one by one all their doubts were vanished by educated samparda singhs...just an example- nirmale would go to kumb mela every where with maharaj and set up a sikh akhara there, many soo called swamis and rss /arya samaji debated with them and lost, at the end they had to matha taik to dhan dhan sri guru granth sahib ji maharaj...soo called arya samaji had doubts on vahiguroo being mantar according to academics matra, baba isher singh ji "kalyug wale" bought fwd 500 antriv arths of vahiguroo mantar, another arya samaji had doubts over term khalsa, nirmale bought fwd close to 180 antriv arths of khalsa shabad, at the end they all had to matha taik to gurbani agam bodh.

If he is willing to debate proper with no mud sligning no attacks with sources, take him off, if he is another ahankari and thinks this is what i beleif than don't bother taking him off.

As sri guru hargobind sahib advised us how gursikhs are allowed to do vichar for first two.

Four types of Conversations.

1) Heth - Where you listen to someone because you know they have more kamai and more knowledge than you. You are humble when listening. This also applies to school.

2) Vaadha - Where you actually do your research and share to positively add to a conversation constructively. Even if there is disagreement, you should not hurt another's feelings or prove that you are better.

3) Jalapa - Where you say stuff to put the other down. Try to make yourself look good.

4) Vitaardha - Where you keep talking and don't listen to anyone else (the majority of us).

*** This is from a sakhi where some pundits asked Guru Hargobind Ji what type of conversations are allowed. Guru Hargobind Ji said a Gursikh only takes part in the first 2 types of conversations. ***

Worshipping a book is not different than praying to an idol! - is that not true ?

Sikhs worship Shabad Guru not a book. Idols do not talk, guide or give an iota of spiritual knowledge. Shabad Guru lives forever and provides gyan.

Depicting pictures of gurus who probably never had long hair or wore turbun is ridiculous. - is that not true ?

Lets have an open debate on this using valid sources. Bhatt Vahis and other sources prove that Guru Sahibs kept hair. It is recorded that Guru Har Rai Sahib instructed Bhai Nand Raam, grandfather of Bhai Hakikat Singh, to keep uncut hair when he became a Sikh. There are numerous references in Gurbani about keeping hair. What proofs do you have that Guru Sahib did not keep hair?

Let me add something. I have read that Aarti means ( gagan mein thal - raag chand deepak bane ) that Guru Nanak Devji was criticizing ostentatious pretensions in religion. Then we silly sardarjis come along and cover Harmandir Sahib with gold.

This is very foolish. How is Aarti even remotely related to covering Darbar Sahib with gold? Gurdwaras are our heart and soul and we love them dearly. This is why we spend our wealth in decorating them and make them beautiful. Guru Sahib preached that a mere plate with candles is not a true way of worshipping Waheguru and He cannot be pleased with such rituals. Covering Darbar Sahib with gold was a decision of the Sikhs that had nothing to do with spirituality or Sikh way of life.

So, get your own house in order first before making allegations!!!'' - ………………….now – is that not true as well ?

Our house is well in order as it is the house of Guru Nanak Sahib. This house is so great that everyone bows to it and the time will come when nothing else but this house shall remain in the world.

And about our Guru Nanak Dev ji being a Hindu - well .......... i dont believe at all that he considered himself to be a hindu, but i dont believe either that he wanted something very different. Guruji only wanted to rid Hinduism of brahmanical evils which he did not believe in.

Once again, we need sources not your twisted bogus theories. Guru Sahib rejected Hinduism outright. He attacked very roots of it and called it blindness. Idol worship, sacred thread, fasting, pilgrimage, celibacy, caste system as well as their holy books all were rejected. What is left?

Whatever i say, is open to debate. In brief, History means 'to dig the ground, find something, explain half of it, and add your own views to the other half not explained'. That is why we idolize Maharaja Ranjit Singh whereas the Pakistanis consider him to be an intolerant fanatic. And vice versa about Aurangzeb.

History is description of past events that have occurred. It certainly isn’t something you make additions to and create your own version. From reading your post I am 100% sure that you are not an historian. I would go as far as saying you are ignorant when it comes to Sikhi and Sikh history. Maharaja Ranjit Singh was a far better person and leader than Aurangzeb. Heck, he was better than all of the Mughal rulers combined I am open to debate you on this as well.