Quwali

akal sahai

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ohhh my God... whre is this thread goin!!!!!!!!!!!!1

stick to the topic .. veero aur behno...

as i have posted b4.. listen to the qawalli i posted.. read its words..

koi post karda hai... te atleast usno read taan karo/... pata nahi kitthe chukki phirey jaa rehnay hai is thread nu..

POST QAWALLIS HERE... GOD LOVING QAWALLI.. sufi qawallis..

WJKK WJKF

There is nothing wrong in listening to Qawalis or any other kind of music provided you do not mistake the euphoria that one can get from music or singing with a spiritual experience. It's a bit like saying listening to some Bhangra song brought me closer to God!

Those Singhs in the video are a disgrace because they are dancing around and making a mockery of the Guru's Bana. Although the following Shabad relates to the Vaishnava Krishna Leela, it is relevant to any type of non-Kirtan musical or dramatic performance whose performers or audience try and pass it off as a spiritual experience.

Mehlā 1.

First Mehl:

ਵਾਇਨਿ ਚੇਲੇ ਨਚਨਿ ਗੁਰ ॥

vā­in cẖėlė nacẖan gur.

The disciples play the music, and the gurus dance.

ਪੈਰ ਹਲਾਇਨਿ ਫੇਰਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਿ ਸਿਰ ॥

Pair halā­in fėrniĥ sir.

They move their feet and roll their heads.

ਉਡਿ ਉਡਿ ਰਾਵਾ ਝਾਟੈ ਪਾਇ ॥

Ud ud rāvā jẖātai pā­ė.

The dust flies and falls upon their hair.

ਵੇਖੈ ਲੋਕੁ ਹਸੈ ਘਰਿ ਜਾਇ ॥

vėkẖai lok hasai gẖar jā­ė.

Beholding them, the people laugh, and then go home.

ਰੋਟੀਆ ਕਾਰਣਿ ਪੂਰਹਿ ਤਾਲ ॥

Rotī­ā kāraṇ pūreh ṯāl.

They beat the drums for the sake of bread.

ਆਪੁ ਪਛਾੜਹਿ ਧਰਤੀ ਨਾਲਿ ॥

Āp pacẖẖāṛeh ḏẖarṯī nāl.

They throw themselves upon the ground.

ਗਾਵਨਿ ਗੋਪੀਆ ਗਾਵਨਿ ਕਾਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ॥

Gāvan gopī­ā gāvan kānĥ.

They sing of the milk-maids, they sing of the Krishnas.

ਗਾਵਨਿ ਸੀਤਾ ਰਾਜੇ ਰਾਮ ॥

Gāvan sīṯā rājė rām.

They sing of Sitas, and Ramas and kings.

ਨਿਰਭਉ ਨਿਰੰਕਾਰੁ ਸਚੁ ਨਾਮੁ ॥

Nirbẖa­o nirankār sacẖ nām.

The Lord is fearless and formless; His Name is True.

ਜਾ ਕਾ ਕੀਆ ਸਗਲ ਜਹਾਨੁ ॥

Jā kā kī­ā sagal jahān.

The entire universe is His Creation.

ਸੇਵਕ ਸੇਵਹਿ ਕਰਮਿ ਚੜਾਉ ॥

Sėvak sėveh karam cẖaṛā­o.

Those servants, whose destiny is awakened, serve the Lord.

ਭਿੰਨੀ ਰੈਣਿ ਜਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਾ ਮਨਿ ਚਾਉ ॥

Bẖinnī raiṇ jinĥā man cẖā­o.

The night of their lives is cool with dew; their minds are filled with love for the Lord.

ਸਿਖੀ ਸਿਖਿਆ ਗੁਰ ਵੀਚਾਰਿ ॥

Sikẖī sikẖi­ā gur vīcẖār.

Contemplating the Guru, I have been taught these teachings;

ਨਦਰੀ ਕਰਮਿ ਲਘਾਏ ਪਾਰਿ ॥

Naḏrī karam lagẖā­ė pār.

granting His Grace, He carries His servants across.

ਕੋਲੂ ਚਰਖਾ ਚਕੀ ਚਕੁ ॥

Kolū cẖarkẖā cẖakī cẖak.

The oil-press, the spinning wheel, the grinding stones, the potter's wheel,

ਥਲ ਵਾਰੋਲੇ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਅਨੰਤੁ ॥

Thal vārolė bahuṯ ananṯ.

the numerous, countless whirlwinds in the desert,

ਲਾਟੂ ਮਾਧਾਣੀਆ ਅਨਗਾਹ ॥

Lātū māḏẖāṇī­ā angāh.

the spinning tops, the churning sticks, the threshers,

ਪੰਖੀ ਭਉਦੀਆ ਲੈਨਿ ਨ ਸਾਹ ॥

Pankẖī bẖa­uḏī­ā lain na sāh.

the breathless tumblings of the birds,

ਸੂਐ ਚਾੜਿ ਭਵਾਈਅਹਿ ਜੰਤ ॥

Sū­ai cẖāṛ bẖavā­ī­ah janṯ.

and the men moving round and round on spindles -

ਨਾਨਕ ਭਉਦਿਆ ਗਣਤ ਨ ਅੰਤ ॥

Nānak bẖa­uḏi­ā gaṇaṯ na anṯ.

O Nanak, the tumblers are countless and endless.

ਬੰਧਨ ਬੰਧਿ ਭਵਾਏ ਸੋਇ ॥

Banḏẖan banḏẖ bẖavā­ė so­ė.

The Lord binds us in bondage - so do we spin around.

ਪਇਐ ਕਿਰਤਿ ਨਚੈ ਸਭੁ ਕੋਇ ॥

Pa­i­ai kiraṯ nacẖai sabẖ ko­ė.

According to their actions, so do all people dance.

ਨਚਿ ਨਚਿ ਹਸਹਿ ਚਲਹਿ ਸੇ ਰੋਇ ॥

Nacẖ nacẖ haseh cẖaleh sė ro­ė.

Those who dance and dance and laugh, shall weep on their ultimate departure.

ਉਡਿ ਨ ਜਾਹੀ ਸਿਧ ਨ ਹੋਹਿ ॥

Ud na jāhī siḏẖ na hohi.

They do not fly to the heavens, nor do they become Siddhas.

ਨਚਣੁ ਕੁਦਣੁ ਮਨ ਕਾ ਚਾਉ ॥

Nacẖaṇ kuḏaṇ man kā cẖā­o.

They dance and jump around on the urgings of their minds.

ਨਾਨਕ ਜਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹ ਮਨਿ ਭਉ ਤਿਨ੍ਹ੍ਹਾ ਮਨਿ ਭਾਉ ॥੨॥

Nānak jinĥ man bẖa­o ṯinĥā man bẖā­o. ||2||

O Nanak, those whose minds are filled with the Fear of God, have the love of God in their minds as well. ||2||

If someone wishes to get 'mast' off KACHI bani, then they can do so without putting shame on Dasve Patshaa da roop. I cannot believe how lightly this is being taken. This is Guroo Gobind Singh Ji's own image he is doing besti of! The only source of rass for Guroo De Sikh is Guroo Di Bani, how shameful for someone with the form of Sache Patshaa to be sitting at the feet of a man singing false songs and showing himself to be completely absorbed in it.

Where's the naam rass?

I can't believe this is taken up so harshly. I suppose the 52 Kavis were also Kachay, they had no depth, no experience of divine inspiration in them that their words weighed enough to move another in such a trance. If they were indeed Kachay why would the Guru given them space in his court?

We are also inspired by the bani/words of Katha Vachiks, Gurmukhs. What do you suppose they do in the Gurudwara, they share their experience of Gurbani, their understanding or that divine realization the best they can. In the same light what do you suppose this is?? Is this not the Katha of the same realization but except it is sung...why do you suppose we get inspired by those Gurmukhs to a point where we put them up in our Avatars? Their books we tell others to read, their words we repeat as if they are our own, as if we have experienced them first hand? Are their words not inspiring enough to a point where you are left speechless, their words don't open the door to new experiences, new eyes to see the Guru?

How unfortunate that we have such tunnel vision that we can't see anyone not wearing a blue dastaar expressing that same Katha through Music. If you cannot feel the qwaali, then it is your loss my friend, not for the Singh in the Red pug who immersed himself in the words of Nusrat ji, in the expression of that Akal Purakh.

There is nothing wrong in listening to Qawalis or any other kind of music provided you do not mistake the euphoria that one can get from music or singing with a spiritual experience. It's a bit like saying listening to some Bhangra song brought me closer to God!

Those Singhs in the video are a disgrace because they are dancing around and making a mockery of the Guru's Bana. Although the following Shabad relates to the Vaishnava Krishna Leela, it is relevant to any type of non-Kirtan musical or dramatic performance whose performers or audience try and pass it off as a spiritual experience.

The quote you posted my friend is completely out of context, it is no different than me posting the words of Kabir ji of "Raam Raam karta sab jag firay, Raam na payiya jaaee" in a thread where where people are talking about doing Jap/Simran.

If someone wishes to get 'mast' off KACHI bani, then they can do so without putting shame on Dasve Patshaa da roop. I cannot believe how lightly this is being taken. This is Guroo Gobind Singh Ji's own image he is doing besti of! The only source of rass for Guroo De Sikh is Guroo Di Bani, how shameful for someone with the form of Sache Patshaa to be sitting at the feet of a man singing false songs and showing himself to be completely absorbed in it.

Where's the naam rass?

I can't believe this is taken up so harshly. I suppose the 52 Kavis were also Kachay, they had no depth, no experience of divine inspiration in them that their words weighed enough to move another in such a trance. If they were indeed Kachay why would the Guru given them space in his court?

We are also inspired by the bani/words of Katha Vachiks, Gurmukhs. What do you suppose they do in the Gurudwara, they share their experience of Gurbani, their understanding or that divine realization the best they can. In the same light what do you suppose this is?? Is this not the Katha of the same realization but except it is sung...why do you suppose we get inspired by those Gurmukhs to a point where we put them up in our Avatars? Their books we tell others to read, their words we repeat as if they are our own, as if we have experienced them first hand? Are their words not inspiring enough to a point where you are left speechless, their words don't open the door to new experiences, new eyes to see the Guru?

How unfortunate that we have such tunnel vision that we can't see anyone not wearing a blue dastaar expressing that same Katha through Music. If you cannot feel the qwaali, then it is your loss my friend, not for the Singh in the Red pug who immersed himself in the words of Nusrat ji, in the expression of that Akal Purakh.

don't you know pheena all these 52 poets had to grow their kesh and take khanda batta da amrit before they even allowed to guru maharaj ji darbar and sing qwali or ghazala or their kavita dedicated towards guru sahiban or akaal purkh?? whats next distortion of sakhiya of pir buddu shah/mian miar how they had to take amrit as well despite of their lineages alive to this very day.

In my own eyes there is a difference between kavi sahibs- ordered by Guroo Sahib to do it, compared to some one doing it not only on their own, but for a completely different path. Funny I get called shariavadi but your the guys actually listening to the islamic music!

Veer sahib pheena ji, you say I am missing out, this qwali may also have pyar but against gurbani its like a drop of water against a waterfall, the exact point I was trying to make was that it is indeed someone's loss that Guroo Sahib has brought them to him, given them amrit dhur ki bani, yet they still chase other things.

and Namstang, I don't know what kind of guy you are, whenever someone brings up something and you come running along with some random rubbish. If you like sarcasm so much why don't you try stand up.

GURRFATEH