Guru Gobind Singh ji's KHALSA

Simran9

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Source: http://www.sikhlionz.com/khalsa.htm

See the webpage for the whole thing, this is just shortcut, my favorite parts tongue.gif .

"Khalsa mero roop hai khaas.

The Khalsa is my complete image

Khalse maih hau karo nivaas.

I dwell in the khalsa

Khalsa mero mukh hai ang-aa.

Khalsa is my chief organ

Khalse ke hau sadh sadh sang-aa.

I am always with the khalsa

Khalsa mero mitr sakhaa-ee

Khalsa is my closest friend

Khalsa maat pitaa sukhdaa-ee

Khalsa is my mother, father & source of all comforts.

Khalsa meri jaat ar pat.

Khalsa is my caste & creed.

Khalsa sau maa kau utapat.

My creation is through the khalsa

Khalsa mero bhavan bhand-aa-raa.

I dwell in the khalsa who is a storehouse of all my requirements.

Khalse kar mero satk-aa-raa.

I am honoured because of the khalsa.

Khalsa mero pind par-aan.

Khalsa is my body & breath.

Khalsa meri jaan ki jaan.

Khalsa is my life & soul

Khalsa mera satgur poor-aa

Khalsa is my full-fledged Guru.

Khalsa mera sajan soor-aa.

Khalsa is my brave friend.

Khalsa mero budh ar giaan.

Khalsa is my wisdom & knowledge.

Khalse ka hau dhar-au dhiaan.

I always contemplate the khal

sa prayerfully

Upmaa khalsae jaath na kahi

Eulogy of the khalsa is beyond me.

Jihv-aa ek paar nah lahi.

I cannot fathom full praise of the khalsa with one tongue.

Ya mai ranch na mithe-aa bhaakh-ee.

I certify that I have not mis-stated anything in the foregoing.

Paarbrahm gur Nanak saak-ee.

God & Guru Nanak are my witnesses to endorse the foregoing truth.

Guru Gobind Singh, Sarb Loh Granth, (MS), 519-526.

and also...

CHARACTER OF THE KHALSA

He is the Khalsa, who gives up calumny.

He is the Khalsa,who fights in the forefront.

He is the Khalsa, who destroys the five passions.

He is the Khalsa, who burns his past karma.

He is the Khalsa, who renounces pride.

He is the Khalsa, who keeps away from undesirable women.

He is the Khalsa, who covets not other people's wealth.

He is the Khalsa, who is absorbed in His Name.

He is the Khalsa, who is devoted to the Word of the Guru.

He is the Khalsa, who is prepared to encounter

The sword of the enemy courageously.

Knowing the people to be creatures of God: Khaalaq.

Let no one cause sorrow and suffering to the people.

He who wilfully tyrannises over the people

Will be destroyed by the wrath of God.

He is the Khalsa, who helps the poor.

He is the Khalsa, who destroys oppressors.

He is the Khalsa, who contemplates the Name of God.

He is the Khalsa, who attacks the wicked people.

He is the Khalsa, who is absorbed in His presence.

He is the Khalsa, who keeps a war-horse.

He is the Khalsa, who is ever ready for the battle.

He is the Khalsa, who destroys oppressors.

The drums of the glory of God will beat.

No one will dare to abuse and insult God.

The trees and mountains will ring with His Name.

The three worlds will sing His glory.

Rehitnama; Bhai Nand Lal

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

btw, wha

t is "Sarb Loh Granth" :@ ? someone plz share on that cuz I never heard of that till I saw this website a couple of months ago..

and lastly,

^_^^_^^_^^_^^_^

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Gur Fateh!

The Sarabloh Granth is the 2nd collection of Guru Gobind Singh's writings. It is complex material and widely disputed by many not to be Gurbani.

It is indeed surrounded by mystery with the Nihangs (the chief custodians of this Granth, recently made available in a 2 part steek by the Buddha Dal) claiming that it is a secret text for the Dal Khalsa.

Others state that it is the works of Sukha Singh in the mid-late 18th Century, who is often described to be a Devi-worshipper on account on the opening invocation in the Sarabloh Parkash "SriMahaLaskhmiJiSahai" -perhaps Sardarni Sahiba SadhRyan Kaur can also comment on this point, as she certainly showed some strong opinions last time it was mentioned.

In short, it's concerns the accounts of Sarabloh Avtar and the battles ensued with the Demons in addition it also contains the aforementioned predictions of the Khalsa (which are attributed to Guru Gobind Singh) and is the main Granth is make reference to the Treh Mudra (Kesh, Kard and Kacch) which later came to be known as the 5 Kakkars that we all wear today.

Issues questioning its authenticity relate to its relative unavailabilty and are drawn on the conclusions of Pandit Tara Singh Narotum, where he argues the language, albeit complex, is not of the same nature as that found in the Dasam Granth amongst other reasons.

Hope this helps, there are debates concerning the Sarabloh Parkash on this forum and also on Sikhawareness.

Gur Fateh!

Gur Fateh!

The Sarabloh Granth is the 2nd collection of Guru Gobind Singh's writings. It is complex material and widely disputed by many not to be Gurbani.

It is indeed surrounded by mystery with the Nihangs (the chief custodians of this Granth, recently made available in a 2 part steek by the Buddha Dal) claiming that it is a secret text for the Dal Khalsa.

Others state that it is the works of Sukha Singh in the mid-late 18th Century, who is often described to be a Devi-worshipper on account on the opening invocation in the Sarabloh Parkash "SriMahaLaskhmiJiSahai" -perhaps Sardarni Sahiba SadhRyan Kaur can also comment on this point, as she certainly showed some strong opinions last time it was mentioned.

In short, it's concerns the accounts of Sarabloh Avtar and the battles ensued with the Demons in addition it also contains the aforementioned predictions of the Khalsa (which are attributed to Guru Gobind Singh) and is the main Granth is make reference to the Treh Mudra (Kesh, Kard and Kacch) which later came to be known as the 5 Kakkars that we all wear today.

Issues questioning its authenticity relate to its relative unavailabilty and are drawn on the conclusions of Pandit Tara Singh Narotum, where he argues the language, albeit complex, is not of the same nature as that found in the Dasam Granth amongst other reasons.

Hope this helps, there are debates concerning the Sarabloh

Parkash on this forum and also on Sikhawareness.

Gur Fateh!

Thanks veer ji...gr8 info. ^_^

The Sikh Encyclopedia / allaboutsikhs.com says this:

SARABLOH GRANTH, a poem narrating the mythological story of the gods and the demons, in ascribed to Guru Gobind Singh, and is therefore treated as a sacred scripture among certain sections of the Sikhs, particularly the Nihang Sikhs. The authorship is however questioned by researchers and scholars of Sikhism on several counts. First, the work is marked by extraordinary effusiveness and discursiveness of style over against the compactness characteristic of Guru Gobind Singh's compositions collected in the Dasam Granth. Qualitatively, too, the poetry of Sarabloh Granth does not match that of Guru Gobind Singh's Chandi Charitras and // Durga Ki dealing with the same topic of wars between the gods and the demons. Profusion of metaphor and superb imagery of the latter compositions are missing here. Second, the author of Sarabloh Granth often uses his name, 'Das Gobind' or the phrase 'Das Gobind fatah satigur ki', which is generally contrary to the style of Guru Gobind Singh. Third, the Sarabloh Granth contains, quite out of context, an account of the Sikh religion, which also includes a reference to the devolution of guruship on Guru Granth and Guru Panth (stanzas 3159-66). This would be out of place in a work of Guru Gobind Singh's own composition. Lastly, there is also a reference in it to Rup Dip Bhasha Pihgal (stanza 2938/ 8), a work on prosody written by one Jaya Krishna in 1719, i.e. eleven years after the death of

tlie Guru.

According to Pandit Tara Singh Narotam,  a nineteenth century Sikh scholar and researcher, Sarabloh Granth is the work of Bhai Sukha Singh, a granthi or priest at Takht Harimandar Sahib at Patna Sahib, who however claimed that he had acquired its manuscript from an Udasi recluse living in a forest near Jagannath (Orissa).

Whatever its origin, the Granth became quite well-known and many hand-written copies of it exist. It is now available in printed form published in two parts by Baba Santa Singh, head of the Buddha Dal of Nihang Sikhs. It is a lengthy composition in a variety of metres, comprising totally 4361 stanzas (862 pages in print). The original source of the narrative is, according to the author (stanzas 2093, 3312.3409), Sukra Bhashya, an old classic of Hindu mythology. It is divided into five parts, part-I starting with a lengthy panegyric and invocation to goddess Sri Maya Lachhami, who is identified with Adi Bhavani (lit. Primordial Goddess), Durga,Jvala, Kali or Kalika, Chandi, as also with masculine Hari and Gopal. Among her myriad attributive names is also Sarabloh (lit. all-steel) which had been used by Guru Gobind Singh for Akal-Purakh, the Supreme God, in Akal Ustati. In part-II, Lord Visnu is entreated to become incarnate as Sarabloh (stanza 1167). But it is early in part V that it becomes clear that Sarabloh is an incarnation of Mahakal or Gopal, the Supreme Deity (stanza 2386).

The plot of Sarabloh Granth is almost identical with that of Chandi Charitras. The gods defeated by the demons approach the Goddess Bhavani who kills several demons including their chief Bhimanad during the 7-year long war. Later, Bhimanad's son,Viryanad, rises in power and wages war against the gods. This time Lord Visnu comes to their succour. Brahma and Siva also help ; but Viryanad not only remains unbeaten in the 12-year long war, but also captures the king of the gods, Indra, along with his sons. Visnu secures their release and leads them to Mahakal, who at their supplications appe

ars as Sarabloh and after further battles, fiercely fought, puts an end to Viryanad and his host. At this stage, the poet also describes the epic as a contest between reason and irrationality in which the former ultimately triumphs.

just posting it as a reference.

thanx Nianjana and Deep Singh ji for the info on Sarbloh Granth ^_^

i will have to read Deep Singh ji's info a few times before i fully understand what it's saying cuz it starts talking about these other ppl with hindi names and i got lost in that part :@ ...not to worry i will sort it out...