Manmat

Khalsa4ever

so, after all these cries of MANMAT MANMAT on this forum, i have a question:

Can something be more manmat than another thing? After all, if something is not gurmat then it doesn't matter what it is, cuz it's not gurmat, hence manmat...

that dr. phil test...manmat....

pictures of gursikhs..... manmat.... (After all, if pictures of Guru's are manmat, aren't those who are fully representative of Guru's Roop)

Talking about the Air India Trial.... manmat (besides.. who are we to judge anyone, anyways)

Dancing (which, by popular belief seems to be so manmat..not that i do it, but that i refuse to judge anyone who does)

When will the time come that breathing the same air as non-amritdharis becomes manmat? Will this time ever come?

What is manmat, and does one act get more "manmat points" than another?!?!?!

after all, everything seems to be manmat these days....

yes....... even that cell phone thread!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

simple.. just don't let anyone TELL YOU what to do and what not to do.. (Unless u want someone to advice you).. U came into this world alone and you alone gonna live this life and you should decide whats wrong and what's not wrong all alone..

In other word : "Im this or that, if you don't like then talk to my hand"

I have to agrree where japmans veer says that everyting seems to be manmat....

unfortunately...these days everyone claims to be a scholar of sikhi and claims to know what is write and wrong ...and the funny part is ...after they have cried manmat throughout a whole long post...they say things like..."but i'm only das...i'm only moorakh"...

there's no bigger turn off than fake modesty....

also....i think we all need to look chill out on the "manmat this and manmat that"....and just concentrate on ourselves....

a great gursikh once said...nothing is good or bad...thinking makes it so....

i have had the opportunity to do sangat with some real gurmukh piyaraas...and i have never once heard them say that "this is manmat or this is manmat" ...they only talkeed about gurmat...and talked about the love of guru ji....

there...that was my rant....

peace...

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Very interesting point of view, Japman!! I agree with you that everything that we do which is not directly sikhi is manmat in a way, but I am inclined to think that some things can be worse than others.

I think Manmat things should be rated based on how selfish they are... for example while making our babajee rooms in our houses filled with nice silks and pretty cloths is certainly manmat, it is done partially because you think the guru deserves the best. But, like some bastards (yay! I've found a word not in the admin filter!) I've seen on the street, kicking a homeless person for the heck of it is soooo selfish and pathetic it'll count for a 1000x more manmat points.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

khalsa4ever veerji....

maybe i read your post wrong...but how the hell is decorating Baba ji's room manmat?????? PLEASE explain that one.!!!!!!!

anything done with piyaar and sharda CANNOT be manmat....

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

JSS jee, This was taken from another topic I read.

Our guru granth sahib doesn't need all the fancy expensive things that we buy for it. We buy decorations, swords, pictures, expensive chandinees, pretty looking drapes, etc for our babajee room... but our Guru doesn't need these things. Our gurus have shown simplicity to be the most important thing. More often than not, we do this for one of two reasons.

1. It makes us feel good to see babajee's room dressed up like that

2. To show off that my babajee room is very good looking (I've seen this happening myself).

The money we spend on all these things... wouldn't it make Guru happier if we gave it to charity? The time we spend on making or finding the cloths... wouldn't it be better spent on doing seva for the poor?

If you don't agree w/ my opinion, that is OK... there are those people out there who truly do it from their heart... but those people are few and rare and the majority do it as above.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

:umm:

Here's my points on this manmat thread:

1. i am not even 1% gursikh probably cuz i aint amritdhari, only 1 k, etc

2. i have not read all of SGGS ji so that is why i call myself murakh cuz i don't know what it says about stuff.

3. manmat=probably everything SGGS ji says NOT to do

4. gurmat=everything SGGS ji says we MUST do which is basically WAHEGUROO da naam japna from what i know (plz someone correct me if i'm wrong)

5. although this is a sikh sangat we end up doin nindiya of some ppls here so THIS is MANMAT too probably

6. doesn't gurbani say something about don't attach urself to mother, father, bro, sis, friends...all these ppl can not help you to achieve oneness with god? aren't we attached to all these relations? so this must be manmat too.

7. A LOT of things we do in our daily life is manmat probably......its kinda like god, its everywhere

8. maybe posting on this forum is manmat?

9. maybe this thread is also manmat?

10. maybe whole concept of god is manmat?

Look ppl.....TAKE A CHILL PILL :D

ps- maybe having fun at sikhsangat forum is manmat too rolleyes.gif

in my opinion, everything that the Guru wrote in rehat maryada is gurmat. wot he wuz against is manmat, so i guess we r in kaljug right now n i guess alot of stuff like dancin, iz manmat.

strange about dancing. ny1 cn the film "khalsa mera roop hai khas"? at the end the giani starts dancin wen his son has a kid, gets married n retakes amrit. n the son is married 2 a hindu girl. but still, bollywood producers. wot u expect?

The problem is that everyone wants to dress yup the babajee room with most expensive stuff, everyone worships what is the actual physical saroop of the Siri Guru Granth Sahib. Very few people actually worship what is the actual message written on the inside. When we start worshipping what's on the inside then everything becomes worthwhile.

Just my 2 cents.

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!