Play Your Part, Pray For The Panth

AK-47

India publicity will bve starting very shortly.

English poster is available from front page of the chaupai sahib website

Punjabi poster is being done (someone will be getting a kick later today to get it completed!! :) )

Keep it up people over 35,000 done now... but still a verry long way to go!

Remember its about getting people involved, so dont be afraid to speak to people who you dont think would ordinarily do paath etc and see what happens! You might be suprised!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vaheguroo Jee Kaa Khalsa Vaheguroo Jee Kee Fateh

In rememberance of 25 Years Since 1984

& for the Chardi Kala of the Khalsa Panth,

the Sangat has done ardas to complete 1 Million Chaupai Sahibs by June 2009.

To count towards this Jaap, there will be a Jaap of Chaupai Sahibs on

Saturday 7th Feb

from 7pm to 8.30pm

at Oadby Gurdwara:

Guru HarKrishan Sahib Gurdwara

42 Kenilworth Drive,

Oadby,

Leicester.

LE2 5LG

PLEASE bless us with your darshan.

www.ChaupaiSahib.org

Play your part, Pray for the Panth!

Be Counted

LeicesterSikhs.com in Conjunction with ChaupaiSahib.org

post-6400-1233155526_thumb.jpg

Nitnem (inc. Chaupai Sahib) is on BritAsia tv every morning - on behalf of the volunteers feel free to include the regular viewers.

also have requested that to support the 1million project they additionally begin a Chaupai Sahib Jaap 30min programme. they may be a little shy about this so feel free to contact charanpreet.singh@britasia.tv and the other britasia staff with words of encouragement.

keep up the good work :nishaan_sahib_right:

I agree everyone should contact britasia to do a 30 min special chaupai sahib jaap, they should cover all the chaupai sahib smagams happening and play the audios, kirtan, kathas etc happening. Hopefully they will do this panthic seva and if they require the singhs can make audio with pics etc for them to play - veechar on the jaap and the aims/objectives.

Nitnem (inc. Chaupai Sahib) is on BritAsia tv every morning - on behalf of the volunteers feel free to include the regular viewers.

also have requested that to support the 1million project they additionally begin a Chaupai Sahib Jaap 30min programme. they may be a little shy about this so feel free to contact charanpreet.singh@britasia.tv and the other britasia staff with words of encouragement.

keep up the good work :nishaan_sahib_right:

Sant Harnam Singh Jee Rampur Khera Sahib - Prayers for the Khalsa Panth

BabaHarnamSinghrampurkherawale1.jpg

On the eve of Baisakhi 1976 Baba Ji began a programme of ‘simran’ to uplift the morale of the Khalsa panth. He cancelled all visits away from the gurdwara and if he did have to go, then he would first complete the rigorous programme of simran before leaving. On Baisakhi 1979 he completed his prayers for the panth and prayed at the feet of the great Guru, ”O great Guru! Whatever naam has been recited with your grace over the past three years, please dedicate the benefit of this simran for the entire Khalsa panth. Save the panth from the impending crisis with your guidance and blessing. Have mercy on your disciples.”

08.jpg

The Daily Programme

In those days, he would get up at 2 am and after bathing, engaged himself in simran for an hour. At about 3 am, the remaining sangat would be woken up and whilst the sangat got ready, Baba Ji would engross himself in simran. Next, Nitnem in groups followed by Sukhmani Sahib was recited. Ardas was done in the presence of the entire sangat and the daily hukamnama was taken. After light refreshment, he would return to his simran for another three hours and recite several rosaries of various hymns until 1 pm, when he would come and sit with the sangat to have langar. He would exchange words with the sangat and see to any essential work or meet any outside visitors. Sometimes he would order a devotee to read a historical tale from the texts written by

Bhai Vir Singh. At about 2.30 pm, he would return to his hut and complete the daily routine of meditation of various hymns. At about 6pm he would come out for a while and go for an evening walk. Even during his walk,

he would either recite himself or ask a devotee to recite the prayer of ‘Benati Chaupai’ or ‘Satte’ Balwand ki Vaar’. On his return, the evening prayer of Rehras and Arti was recited in the presence of the great Guru. Then Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji would be put rest. He would take a cup of milk after this. After the sangat had taken langar, everyone would sit around Baba Ji, historical tales of the Guru’s lives were read and discussion of Gurbani would take place. After reciting the bedtime prayer of Sohila, he would retire to bed, where he would engross himself in simran and sleep for a while. Of course, he spent all his life in a similar routine of meditation but between Baisakhi of 1976 and 1979, he did not deviate even a few minutes from his daily schedule.

On the Baisakhi of 1978, he heard of the brutal murder by Nirankari’s of the Singh’s in Amritsar. He went immediately to pay

homage and see the dead Singh’s for himself. Deeply pained by the whole incident, he remained to cremate the Singh’s and joined the funeral procession to mourn the loss of the Singh’s with the whole nation. He met with various leaders and returned to the gurdwara with a heavy heart.

ARREST IN THE RELIGIOUS CRUSADE

SBHS_Ji-179x250.jpg

Baba Ji had immense love for the Khalsa panth and always yearned for it’s betterment and to uplift it’s morale. To realise his dream, he would daily recite twenty-one Benati Chaupai paths for the Khalsapanth. He would encourage any gursikhs he met to do at least one path of Benati Chaupai over and above their daily nitnem for the sake of the Khalsa panth. Whenever, from time to time, religious crusades were started from Sri Akal Takhat Sahib to uplift the glory and fame of the panth, Baba Ji participated with maximum effort and discharged his duty as a Khalsa Saint. In 1982, the panthic (sikh) leaders launched a peaceful struggle to solve religious and political discrimination and to stop and check injustices against Sikhs of Punjab. In this crusade, tens of thousands of Sikhs courted arrest. Baba Ji too organised many groups (Jathas) from the area to court arrest in this holy crusade. It was at the beginning of the crusade (Morcha) when the Sikh leaders called a Sant Sammelan (a congress of Saints who would participate in and bless the crusade). Baba Ji attended this congress with the sangat and this humble servant was accompanying him at the time. After the Sant Sammelan had finished, following long discussions, Baba Ji decided to meet the coordinator of the crusade, Sant Harchand Singh Longowal in a separate room. When Baba Ji met the leader, he requested him to start daily “Jaap” (recitation) of a shabad (hymn):

Sit steadily at home, o dear slaves of God.

The true Guru has arranged your affairs. Pause.

The Lord has smitten the wicked and the evil.

His slave’s honour,

The creator has preserved

The kings and emperors

The Lord has also subjected to his sale.

He has quaffed the great essence of the ambrosial name.

Fearlessly meditate on the fortune Lord

Meet the society of Saints and

Give this gift of Lord’s meditation to others.

Nanak has entered the sanctuary

Of the Lord, the inner knower and grasped

The support of the Lord master

gourree mehalaa 5

thir ghar baishu har jan pi-aaray.

satgur tumray kaaj savaaray. ||I|| rahaa-o.

dusat doot parmaysar maaray.

jan kee paij rakhee kartaaray. ||I||

baadisaah saah sabh vas kar deenay.

amrit naam mahaa ras peenay. ||2||

nirbha-o hsaaDhsangat mil keeno daan. ||3||

saaDhsangat mil keeno daan. ||3||

saran paray parabh antarjaamee.

naanak ot pakree parabh su-aamee. ||4||I08||

(Gauri 5th Guru, ang 201)

Baba Ji told him that, “With the continuous, uninterrupted recital of this prayer, Almighty Waheguru will bless us with success sooner, because we his gursikhs only have Gurbani as our biggest ally and shelter”. Sant Longowal remained silent for a while and then said, “We do not have a “Singh” to carry out the duty of constant “Jaap”. You can entrust this duty to Sant Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa. We shall give him any other help that is necessary.”

Baba Ji wished Gur-Fateh to Sant Longowal Ji and came to Guru Nanak Niwas to meet Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa. Baba Ji again asked Khalsa Ji regarding the continuous “Jaap.” Khalsa Ji replied, “We have arranged Akhand path to be recited and another will be read after the crusade is completed.” Baba Ji said, “You have done well by having an Akhand pathrecited. Whatever order I was given by the tenth Guru, I have informed you accordingly. The rest is up to you. You may do whatever you like.” After staying there for a while, Baba Ji returned to Gurdwara Rampur Khera.

The Decision To Court Arrest In The Religious Crusade

On October 2nd 1982 when Baba Ji had a little free time from his daily nitnem and simran, he called me (Sant Seva Singh) to his room and said, “We have decided to court arrest in this crusade. So, please go to Sri Amritsar and obtain a date on which to court arrest.” 450 I was astonished at Baba Ji’s decision because, all of a sudden he decided to court arrest, when until now he had not mentioned this at all. Now I was to go to Amritsar to obtain details regarding the arrest dates. So I requested of Baba Ji, “Sir today we will gather all the near and dear Singh’s and consult them, then we should proceed as you order.”

Baba Ji said, “You may consult anybody you like, I have taken my decision.” By the evening, seven or eight Singh’s were called and informed about Baba Ji’s programme. All were surprised to learn of Baba Ji’s decision. After a long discussion, we collectively requested Baba Ji, “Sir, your health is not well enough to go to jail. We will go in a jatha on your behalf.” Baba Ji said, “I have surrendered myself completely: mind, body, soul and wealth to Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Now the panth of our Guru needs my body, so it will be entrusted to the Khalsa panth. Whosoever wants to come, can accompany me.” Nobody dared to answer in the face of his firm determination.

Rampurkhera.net

In Sant Baba Harnaam Singh Jee’s Biography is says…”He used to recite one

Benati Chaupai prayer over and above his personal schedule of prayers

(Nitnem) for the betterment and upliftment of the Khalsa panth. Baba

Ji would encourage others to recite an extra prayer for the panth too.

He often told us that the “Immediate future is terrifying and destructive

for the panth.” On many occasions, he did hard penance over forty

days, when he would recite Gurbani constantly, for the protection of the

Khalsa panth. During this tenure, he would talk very sparingly and involve

himself completely in Gurbani, whilst living in his small hut.”

From a email i received:

------------

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa,

Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh.

This something we put together, and feel everyone should have something similar which is given to all your friends and family.

Please print off the template and distribute to local sangat.

We also encourage, if not already in place, a local programme where sangat or even just friends/family come together to do Chaupai Sahib Paat.

Regards

Mr A Singh

Sikh Youth Project

chaupai_sahib.doc