Vegetarian Food Crisps And Noodles

you asked 4 shahi paneer recipe .its a very rich tasting ,light coloured ,creamy ,delicate almond cashew flavoured sauce with paneer and is considered a mughlai dish . here it is .

you need paneer(ask me if u dont know how to make paneer or where to buy it ready cooked ,ask me)some kala(shahi jeera),cashews,almonds and raisins ,milk and double cream .other ingredients i am going mention you should have them at home .

1)chop the paneer up and lightly fry it for a cple minutes on medium fire and keep aside .

next in a blender blend together about 1 small cup or almonds ,and half cup of cashew nuts and 2 tablespoons of raisins ,some water and blend it together till a paste .keep aside

2)in the karai/cooking pot/kwok add some oil/ghee or olive oil . ,then as it warms up add 5 cardamons ,5 cloves ,3-5 dried red cilies ,3 star anise ,a tablespoon of kala jeera ,1 cinnamon stick.fry for 30 secs

3)now add in chopped or ground white onions ,a tablespooon of garlic puree and a teaspoon of ginger powder or some fresh ginger .fry under medium fire for 2 minutes .now add in 2 teaspoons of white pepper powder and a tablespoon of coriander powder .fry for 2 minutes on gentle fire .this fried mixture should not be dark but very very very slightly golden brown colour

4)now to the fried mixture ,add the almond cahew paste ,half a cup of water ,and stir for about 10 minutes continously . if it gets too thick add some more water .dont let it burn at the bottom .you will see a light creamy sauce developing as u stir .now to that add half a cup of double cream .add salt and 3/4 or 1 tablespoon of sugar .stir gently and taste .

5)finally add in the paneer ,some chopped coriander leaves,stir through .

6) once you take it out to a serving dish ,you can decorate that with some finely chopped coriander leaves and green chilies and even sprinkle on it a few salted cashews and almonds(optional).

this dish goes well with rice and nan.

anymore?hahaaaaa

Thanksss loads, i love the shahi paneer in chandni chawk southall, but i havent been there since i stopped eating outside.... hope ur recepie is just as good.... im gona print it and give it to mum :) ))))

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dear 1469 ,yeah thru Guru Maharaj kirpa i am a chef as i run a restaurant in the southwest UK .

actually im hoping to move to southhall sometime soon and try run an amritdhari,maybe bibeki restaurant there .

as to your question about raisins -a)you wont taste them as such bcos they get mashed up in the paste in the blender ,and b)you can omit them if you want .

star anise in punjabi /hindi=chakri phool

you said about not tasting the almonds/cashews when in india .thats because it grounds into a fine paste and becomes a part of the sauce .also in restaurants they are stingy and add only a little or economise and use just almond essence drops hahaaa .

to the question by paneer monster ,well ,if your mom doesnt panic but gets all the ingredients and does a little prayer b4 cooking and cooks confidently and conscientiously sticking to the recipe without letting anything stick and burn at the bottom ,and gets the sauce to have a nice creamy consistency wiv little oil bubbles bubbling out ,you will find its better tasting than what you get in shops bcos i develop mi recipes through lots research and trials to make the taste absolutely pukka .

plese try the following recipe for this real tasty cranberry chutney

in a kwok pour some blended mustard oil(saroh da tel).bring it to smoking point then reduce fire and wen its not so hot add into it -1 tablespoon of onion seeds(kalonji),a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds(methi seeds),a teaspoon of jeera seeds ,a teaspoon of black mustard seeds .fry for 1-2 minutes till aroma is smelt .

next to that you add a pack of fresh or frozen cranberries ,a touch salt ,a teaspoon of haldi and 2 teasoppons of cili powder ..stir over a medium fire and the cranberries will start popping and breaking up .stir and using a masher mash in the cranberries .now addd 2 tablespoons of brown sugar or shakar nd reduce fire to minimum .let it cook slowly boiling very gently .as it thickens remove from fire .and bottle it .taste to make sure there is a fine balance between sweetness ,saltiness and sourness so its a nice chutney .you can add more sugar ,salt or squeeze in a little lemon juice if need be to balance the flavours .

this can be eaten with any meal .

always good to have a little stack of alu gobi parathas /muli parathas in yur freezer too so wen u are hungry u can wrap 1 in some kitchen towel and microwave for 30 secs as a ready snack in this cold british winter hahaa .even betta if you can have a little tub of ''penjiri '' to munch next to your computer hahaaaaaaa .

dear 1469 ,yeah thru Guru Maharaj kirpa i am a chef as i run a restaurant in the southwest UK .

actually im hoping to move to southhall sometime soon and try run an amritdhari,maybe bibeki restaurant there .

as to your question about raisins -a)you wont taste them as such bcos they get mashed up in the paste in the blender ,and b)you can omit them if you want .

star anise in punjabi /hindi=chakri phool

you said about not tasting the almonds/cashews when in india .thats because it grounds into a fine paste and becomes a part of the sauce .also in restaurants they are stingy and add only a little or economise and use just almond essence drops hahaaa .

to the question by paneer monster ,well ,if your mom doesnt panic but gets all the ingredients and does a little prayer b4 cooking and cooks confidently and conscientiously sticking to the recipe without letting anything stick and burn at the bottom ,and gets the sauce to have a nice creamy consistency wiv little oil bubbles bubbling out ,you will find its better tasting than what you get in shops bcos i develop mi recipes through lots research and trials to make the taste absolutely pukka .

plese try the following recipe for this real tasty cranberry chutney

in a kwok pour some blended mustard oil(saroh da tel).bring it to smoking point then reduce fire and wen its not so hot add into it -1 tablespoon of onion seeds(kalonji),a teaspoon of fenugreek seeds(methi seeds),a teaspoon of jeera seeds ,a teaspoon of black mustard seeds .fry for 1-2 minutes till aroma is smelt .

next to that you add a pack of fresh or frozen cranberries ,a touch salt ,a teaspoon of haldi and 2 teasoppons of cili powder ..stir over a medium fire and the cranberries will start popping and breaking up .stir and using a masher mash in the cranberries .now addd 2 tablespoons of brown sugar or shakar nd reduce fire to minimum .let it cook slowly boiling very gently .as it thickens remove from fire .and bottle it .taste to make sure there is a fine balance between sweetness ,saltiness and sourness so its a nice chutney .you can add more sugar ,salt or squeeze in a little lemon juice if need be to balance the flavours .

this can be eaten with any meal .

always good to have a little stack of alu gobi parathas /muli parathas in yur freezer too so wen u are hungry u can wrap 1 in some kitchen towel and microwave for 30 secs as a ready snack in this cold british winter hahaa .even betta if you can have a little tub of ''penjiri '' to munch next to your computer hahaaaaaaa .

ahhh i seee thank youu soo much ill get my massi to make thatt when she comes overr bcs she is more experimential than my mum..many thank againn keep cooking Gob bless

• 1 month later...
personally, i dont even think that the meaty flavoured crisps and other things even tase like the real thing. so as long as

the meat flavour is artificial, i think you can eat them.

just lyk to say, i know a singh who has done alot of research and its a fact that the meat flavours in pot noodles are

completely artificial. i love the stuff!!!!!!!

I was brought up a veggie but because of other influences in my family i started eating meat from a young age. now i have

taken amrit and dont touch the stuff

which flavour are u talking abt for pot noodles is that chciekn and mushroom? cos thats got chicken peices for sure i think...it used to wun of my favourites back in the days....but it doesnt matter to mee i just wont eat any of these flavouring things..

thank you for your kind help

Nope. Pot Noodle chicken and mushroom flavour uses tofu, it's approved by the vegetarian society.

dont eat snickers bars they contain egg....

Vegetarians can eat egg.

Just look for a little vegetarian society "V" logo on foods you buy.

You'll be surprised what foods are and aren't vegetarian. All meat-flavoured Walkers crisps are vegetarian, but various of their cheese flavoured crisps aren't because they use rennet to catalyse milk curdling.

• 3 weeks later...