New Nirmala Website

big5abi

How are they linked to Bhai Daya Singh Samparda? Other branches of this samparda are very strict regarding 5 Kakkar and Khande Bhattey Da Amrit - after all, they are descended from the first of the Panj Pyare!

Thats true. This seems to be an attempt to brahamanize sikhi. Such fake nirmalas who cut ther kesh, dont chakk amrit SHUD BE BURNT ALIVE.

Right a couple of points.

1) The Bhai Daya Singh Samparda does not have a specific colour of clothing that has to be worn. examples Rara Sahib - white, Sant Dalel Singh Jis upsamparda wears peach, Sant Harnam Singh Ji Jian Walaes upsampada wear blue, others wear yellow.

2) Many nirmalas to the day take amrit but not khande bate da amrits. some still take amrit from a murshid.

3) The Panj kakkars are not always worn or kept by Nirmalas

4) I know this is regarded as Bhai Daya Singh's Samparda but one must understand that the samparda is from the five nirmalas who went to Banaras to learn the vidiya as per the order of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji but on their return they were placed under the guidence of either Bhai Daya Singh and Bhai Dharam Singh. Although they were under the guidance of the two Panj Piarai the samparda really started fromt eh five sikhs who learned the vidiya.

okay and what exactly are they an order of?

:umm:

sorry if i sound confusing, its probably cos i am.........but are they khalsa like? or should i say are their roots khalsa? if so why are they defined separatly from.................well............regular khalsa?

:umm:

Interesting topic JustME has begun! Should be interesting to read!

Also please provide FACTS!

We have too many people on this forum that give a variety of history stories, and there isn't really anything to support it!

Kam1825, would be very helpful if you could provide us with some evidence or even support of the 4 Sampardas.

:)

Also please provide FACTS! ............

Kam1825, would be very helpful if you could provide us with some evidence or even support of the 4 Sampardas.

Good points, Jagmeet. It is interesting that I have never (please correct me if wrong) heard Sant Isher Singh Ji refer to themselves as 'Nirmale', same for Taksali Mahapursh. I have, however, heard them refer to all Amritdharis as Khalsa. I know some groups like to claim exclusive use of the 'Khalsa' tag but that's another story.

Also please provide FACTS! ............

Good points, Jagmeet. It is interesting that I have never (please correct me if wrong) heard Sant Isher Singh Ji refer to themselves as 'Nirmale', same for Taksali Mahapursh. I have, however, heard them refer to all Amritdharis as Khalsa. I know some groups like to claim exclusive use of the 'Khalsa' tag but that's another story.

Which true nirmala sant khalsa call themselves as nirmala? none. But that does not mean they don't belong to nirmal samparda especially when bhai dya singh ji samparda itself is part of nirmal mandal. If you read nau rattan/ishvar amalok lal you may not find direct link but advait gurmat sant maharaj ji wrote is same stuff taught in nirmal mandals.

I have few pictures sants from nirmal mandal (bhai dharam singh samparda) visisted rara sahib (upsamparda of bhai dya singh ji ) , they are like cousins. i ll post it only on people's request.

Issue of kakar- Sant isher singh ji rara sahib himself used to say in divans, so far there were few sehajdhari mahapursh (trimmed hair) in the panth, and they are parvan in the panth and in nirmal mandal as they belong to mastane category of bhramgyani sikhs, they are exceptional cases but for the most part nirmale are keshadhari and rest of kakardhari may be - 40% because of parchar in the mainstream. But as far as rest of percent following rest of kakari maryada goes they are pardoned by sri guru gobind singh maharaj himself because of gaining vidya and doing parchar of sikhi all across india to all cultures, all dharams. Now i be asked for written sources- look into piara singh padam works on nirmale and rest of it is - oral traditions- seena basina tradition of nirmal mandals.

With regards to finding out more about the different sampardas i suggest you read, Sikh Sampardavali by Piara Singh Padam, Bharat Mat Darpan by Mahant Ganesha Ji and the Mhan Kosh by Bhai Kahan Singh Nabha. Also the basic details of all four sampardas can be found on the <banned site filter activated> website.

All four Sampardas regard themselves as the Khalsa as their roots come from the Guru's. One must understand that the Khalsa is the pure and not specifically based on a strict maryada as every jathabandi even today cannot agree on such a thing.

For more information i suggest reading Giani Ishar SIngh Nara's books for the Udasis, a granth by Giani Balwant Singh Ji Kotha Guru Walae on the Nirmalas, Sri Sant Rattan Mala by Sant Lal Chand for the Sewapanthis and the PRacheen Panth Prakash for details of the nihangs

Regarding Rara Sahib today they still state they have come through Nirmala roots although they have taken a more Neo Sikh slant on heir teachings