5Ks joke in a skit

Jassika

I totally agree with u Satpreet ji...my concern was different.If we just start bombarding their email account, they wont respect our feelings.So my suggestion is to stay cool.Lets do 1 or 2 emailz and wait for the response.If we do 10,000 emails that doesn't make any sense to me...if we really wanna settle down the issue.Just my thinkin...I may be grossly wrong.And I AM ALWAYS WITH U GUYZ ....in whatever u do.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SikhForLife

Executive Board

Arun Janakiraman

President

Year: Senior

School: Columbian College

Major: Economics / Pre-Med

Hometown: Hollidaysburg, PA

Email: arun@gwsas.org

Jigna Kapadia

Co-Vice President

Year: Junior

School: SBPM

Major: Finance / Health Administration

Hometown: Edison, NJ

E-mail: jigna@gwsas.org

Juhi Shukla

Co-Vice President

Major: Biology / Pre-Med

Hometown: Herndon, VA

E-mail: juhi@gwsas.org

Ruby Jain

Secretary

Major: International Business / Marketing

Hometown: Scott Twp, PA

E-mail: ruby@gwsas.org

Vishnu Murthy

Treasurer

Major: Religion

Hometown: Solon, OH

E-mail: vishnu@gwsas.org

Ricky Singh Harika

Program Director

Year: Sophomore

Major: Psychology / Pre-Med

Hometown: Monroeville, PA

E-mail: ricky@gwsas.org

Omer Majid

Public Relations

School: Elliott School

Major: International Affairs / Economics

Hometown: Lahore, Pakistan

E-mail: omer@gwsas.org

Shaan Chaturvedi

Freshman Representative

Year: Freshman

School: Health & Health Sciences

Major: Public Health

Hometown: Palos Verdes Estates, CA

Meera Seshadri

Historian

School: Elliott School

Major: International Affairs

Hometown: Sunnyvale, CA

Shakti Nayar

Community Service

Major:

Biology / Pre-Med

Hometown: Bethesda, MD

Sabi Kaur Chawla

Bhangra Blowout™ Co-Director

School: Media and Public Affairs

Major: Journalism

Hometown: Dale City, VA

E-mail: simran@bhangrablowout.com

Omkar Kulkarni

Bhangra Blowout™ Co-Director

Major: International Business / Finance

Hometown: Parsippany, NJ

E-mail: omkar@bhangrablowout.com

Channi Kaur Parihar

Raas Chaos Co-Director

Major: Psychology / Pre-Dental

Hometown: Weirton, WV

Email: channi@raaschaos.com

Reena Patel

Raas Chaos Co-Director

Major: Psychology / Pre-Med

Hometown: Lansdale, PA

E-mail: reena@raaschaos.com

Reply found on Punjabonline forum

Title: Re: LETTER TO GW SAS FROM UMCP SSA!

Date: 04/15/2004

Author: simran

Discussions | Bhangra Home

This is Simran, one of the co-Directors of BB. I`ve sat here for days reading all the debates about the skits, the teams, the regional and relgious backgrounds of the BB organizers. I didn`t want to jump into the conversations, rather I enjoyed reading all the heated opinions. But today, reading your letter to the GW SAS as published in our school newspaper, I had to comment.

I applaud the activism shown by you and your SSA. Your efforts were truly realized as they did reach a mass audience at our school, not to mention the pool of avid Punjab Online members.

I do fear though, that while you have succeeded in making a bold statement, you have neglected to achieve a positive stand. As organizers of the show, we have acknowledged and apologized repeatedly for the gross mistake made at Bhangra Blowout. And even prior to your letter, we had realized that an apology was not sufficient. We had already taken proactive steps to work with groups like SMART and Sikh Coalition to further correct our mistake. And yet I still look to Punjab Online or open up our school newspaper to read as you continue to express your offense for our show. You must understand that by publishing that letter in our paper, you are undermining all of the positive achievements that Bhangra Blowout has worked tirelessly to reach, and you are making it nearly impossible to have another Bhangra Blowout. I do understand the great offense caused by our skit, but again, I fear that you fail to recognize that we do indeed aim to p

romote punjabi culture in a positive mainstream focus. Bhangra Blowout 11 has already been recognized by the Washington Post and Voice of America, and reporters from TV Asia, India Abroad and Times of India are finishing their pieces about the show. Each of these media were impressed by the talent of the performers, by the magnitude of our events, by the energy of our crowd. They recognize that Bhangra Blowout provides a central arena for thousands of South Asian students to come together to celebrate their culture every spring. They realize that our one mistake was not enough to waver the mission of one of the most positive student events in the country. I wish you would realize this as well.

Look, I went to gurdwara last night, yes, I am Sikh, though even that has been debated on Punjab Online, and while I was half terrified of being bombarded with the same negative criticism of these discussions, I was instead welcomed by uncles and aunties who took their families to the show, who accepted our sincerest apologies and who thanked us for promoting our culture to their young children.

Again, I do applaud your activism, but I do believe you`re missing the larger goal of Bhangra Blowout, a goal that I think we reached this weekend. I think there are many more pressing causes that deserve the attention and efforts of your SSA.

Thanks.

A group of Gursikhs from that area should go and meet those people. If need be beat them up with a bat cross the head, if they don't listen to you. We can send emails all our life we need to show these people that they are people behide these emails.

Just take 5 Gursikhs in Bana, all tooled up tell them they need to stop this stuff or else, and if they don't listen do what you need to do.

Reply found on Punjabonline forum

Title: Re: LETTER TO GW SAS FROM UMCP SSA!

Date: 04/15/2004

Author: simran

Discussions | Bhangra Home

This is Simran, one of the co-Directors of BB. I`ve sat here for days reading all the debates about ......

..... this weekend. I think there are many more pressing causes that deserve the attention and efforts of your SSA.

Thanks.

We DONT care abt the so called "culture" they r promoting.....if they r undermining a GREAT RELIGION.