What Happened To The Respect?

TruSoul

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

aww bhajis, dnt give up on the love!!

i remember bhai balbi singh jee talking about a bangti in this katha once, a can't remember where its from (bhai gurdas jees vaaran, i think, myb sum1 can correct me), but its about when a gursikh meets another gursikh, its so beautifully written...goes sumin like when 2 sets of eyes meet, 2 pairs of hands join 2 gether 2 say fateh......the amount of piayaar between 2 gursikhs can wash away loads of sins.....

anyway, the state of the duniyaa at the moment, its easy not to show love for your family khalsa jee.....but benti not to give up! even if u do get blanked :happy: Its worth it if even if only one singh replies, cos once they see the piyaar in your eyes...you wont have to force them to hug you, theyll do it willingly! :lol:

and try smilling at strangers, lol, it has interesting effects.... :happy:

same applies to singhnia meeting singhnia, show some love behnjiya!!

stay in chardee kalaa on this journey jee!! :lol:

Anyone know of the thukh that Bhenji is referring too?

I was at the bus stop a while back and i see a singh walking across the road and he does a lil nod and shouts out fateh 2 me, it was hilarious for the non sikhs walking past they were confused with that he said i obviously shouted fateh back and then put my hand up in a wave lol

For me is the folded hands thing and if they are close by it's a handshake aswell lmao

Great thread, finally some pyaar :D . What's the verdict on shouting Fatehs at "trim Singhs"? lol

looool u shuld try that... :D i did it once at a park where i was playin football... lol i swear all i culd hear afterwards when he was tlkin 2 his mate was something along the lines of "millitant, teenage n acting like a badman with his (n check this out) 'knife'"

looool it was fun though :D

I think just a little bit of luv will go along way. I dont know about fateh to the trimmers. But regardless id still say ello and a handshake. maybe a chupi/bear hug/level 5 head lock;).

ohhhh liverpool 1- 0 Everton (thought id throw that in :p )

KhalsaRaj ji, you should have given him a hug, see that where you went wrong ! :p lol

This thread made me laugh. I know what you mean. Sikhs got issues!!! There are some SIkhs who see sikhs and walk the opposite way. Thats not nice.

Anyways where I live there are not many pagh wale people. Of the pagh wale people I know most of them are weird. But mona sikhs are funny. So many times I am walking around randomly and suddenly a mona will shout KIDAAAAH at me, once a group of them said chak de pateh really loudly. Its kinda embarassing....I wish they would say Fateh....but I guess they are making some effort...

Also who hates asian people saying your name in a English way. That has to be my pet hate. If you know how to pronounce then why cannot u pronounce it properly!

lol.............Singhniah, in some cases are just as bad...........hehehehehe...........those of u who know me know i bear hug everyone i meet..........i did it once to this Singhni and she looked at me like id slapped her.................hehehehehe.............CRINGE!! :BL:

Im all for sharing the love man..................its what the panth needs................if singhs and singhiah were more approachable, we would find more non-amritdharis approaching us to ask questions and find out stuff...........

open the your hearts people and share the love!!

:happy:

Great thread, finally some pyaar :D . What's the verdict on shouting Fatehs at "trim Singhs"? lol

If 'Feteh!' is your style then greet all the Panth the same way.

I think uni days are different - in that campus mentality Sikh lads somehow gelled together and regularly got together - no exclusionism - if you were a Sikh, you'd always be welcomed at these get-togethers! Sighnis had something similar at their houses.

To be honest though, when I lived in Birmingham, I would not greet every Singh that I saw - Imagine that - You'd be head nodding, Fateh'ing and handshaking every so often down the street that you'd miss your bus!

Now that I'm in much less densly populated area, I do acknowledge every Singh that I see - a simple nod and 'kidda?' - but often it results in a short conversation about who they are, background, pind etc....

Along the same lines, something that is sad to notice is that grown adults, when matha theking at the Gurudwara go straight to sit down without a quick fateh with hands together towards the sangat. Bad parenting I reckon!