newsingh2009

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunny Paji, I shall be the lead actor :D

Hanji veerji,

I thought the same... Baba Banda Singh Bahadur will be good, but I think many Sikhs will oppose us, as many Sikhs even dont want Sikh Shaheeds to be portrayed (Baba Deep Singh, ...)

But we really need to make a movie in the coming 10 years :D

It will indeed have a very big impact.

What we need first is a REAL NICE story, where there is much scope for action, and above all it should be historically correct. As the youth will learn much from the film, and they shudn't learn wrong.

We shouldn't make only one film. We should make a series of films, but specifically 1 big one (Hollywood type)...

I have a story of a religious comedy in Punjabi and am writing more to it...

WJKK WJKF

Dear Ji,

whenever Indian film or documentaries are published, they often portray still images of the Guru's Only, and do voice over of what the Guru Ji said.

If we do not heed the warnings given by the Guru's, may I remind you of the story of Ranjit Singh

"Guru Gobind Singh Ji said that no one should make a Gurdwara in his name. The person who breaks this commandment, none of his kith or kin or descendants will survive."

We saw what happened in the Semetic world when Christ was portrayed in the Passion of the Christ.

I believe whomever decides to break this warning of the Guru's, they themselves should be aware of the great risk that they take in doing so. The consequences unbeknown to us.

I believe the Vismaad Productions has made efforts to make 3-4 animated films, and they discussed this others to make sure they were in line with Gurmat. We should support them to make films in a similar fashion, and if they decided to go back in time from 1469 to 1708, I am sure they would incorporate still images and voice overs only.

If someone does otherwise, I am afraid most Sikhs would veto such an effort.

In regards to the mass media message: I am reminded of this story

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Baba_Atal_Rai

Guru Ji stated also, that Sikhs should not convince others by miracles. They should live up to the high Saintly values, and remain in High Spirits and not use miracles to convince others.

In the same way, Guru Gobind Singh Ji during battle time stated to his Sikhs, that "If God wanted, He could send legions of armies to battle by our side".

This is our True challenge in this age, to live to the High values of Gursikhi.

Sat Sri Akal sangat jee...

Something on the same lines is being thought by the Bollywood biggies .....

Bunty Walia....a known producer and financier in B-Town has thought of portraying the Battle Of Sargahi with an unheard of of Budget in a bollywood movie that of Rs 2000 million.

Sanjay Dutt has already been roped in to play the Lead and is believed to be of a magnus opus scale. The film has been proposed to be shot in areas Morocco as it matches the topography of west frontier Punjab.

However this news is about 2 seasons ago....so I'm not sure about any progress. But im sure that if such a project is executed, it will do more good than what so many Gurrudwaras and Sikh Societies have done.

But in any case its a great thought and none the less there are countless tales of Sikh Bravery and someone should take the initiative to fund it and leave no stone unturned to make it as Grand as LOTR or 300.

Fateh

Sunny Paji, I shall be the lead actor :D
Hanji veerji,

I thought the same... Baba Banda Singh Bahadur will be good, but I think many Sikhs will oppose us, as many Sikhs even dont want Sikh Shaheeds to be portrayed (Baba Deep Singh, ...)

But we really need to make a movie in the coming 10 years :D

It will indeed have a very big impact.

What we need first is a REAL NICE story, where there is much scope for action, and above all it should be historically correct. As the youth will learn much from the film, and they shudn't learn wrong.

We shouldn't make only one film. We should make a series of films, but specifically 1 big one (Hollywood type)...

I have a story of a religious comedy in Punjabi and am writing more to it...

WJKK WJKF

Lol theek hai veere.

The problem with someone portraying Guru Ji... Its just like Indian Actress Sridevi. In 1 film she played some Hindu godess and people started kind off worshipping her... In her next film she played the role of a prostitute.

Good point veerji and in my eyes, this is the only danger.

But there are dangers in everything and this is why I proposed the actor would have to be a Gursikh. Problem is there are hardly any sikhs in the media and very few of them would have capabilities of acting the king of all kings Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj.

However, these negatives will not stop me at least.

Do you realise Bollywood are walking all over us? We are so concerned with someone acting Guru Gobind Singh but we don't have the power to stop bollywood from p***ing all over the image of a sardar!! Its because we have no power in media!! and that's the root of the problem!

Don;t know how many of you watched slumdog milllionaire, but same story there when the singhs were in the train, it hurt me for days to think our community has many millions of dollars but can't do anything to stop our image being destroyes.

This is the reason to take to hollywood and don't think small because my father never taught me to think small. Forget bollywood and small indian actors, THINK BIG!!! OVer the next few years, my aim is to get support from businesses and gursikhs who will be able to support in such a movie. It will be so big that bollywood and all the politicians and organisations set to destroy the sikh image wont know what hit them! it will spark a wave of ambitious sikhs and our next generation to do something even bigger and it will at least try and heal the damage which bollywood/taliban and others have done over the years!

If you are interested, please leave me your e-mail etc and I'm not saying it will happen overnight, it's say a 10 year project, but its up to our generation to do this and DO IT BIG!!!!

While the battle of sararghi, story of banda singh bahadur would be good, i still think the world needs to know about the king of all kings Guru Gobind Singh and his life....

dangerous and ambitious yes, but I think with ardas, guidance from the Guru and in accordance with accurate history, this would have a more positive imapct on sikhs worldwide than anything that has happened so far!!

i personally dont see anything wrong with films telling the stories of the shaheeds. however i would agree that no one should try and imitate the gurus. however the stories of the shaheeds should be told. if you have a problem with someone tryin to imitate a shaheed then you shouldnt even tell stories about their jeevans in words because you would never be able to fully do it justice. he stories of our shaheeds should be told and i would encourage big budget films to be done.

NewSingh2009, I pm'ed you my email and am interested in it.

Howhever I'm not keep about the period 1469-1708.

There is SOO MUCH after that too, why not take that?

As Sarpanch veer said, we could also do about 1984, but I doubt any sane minded person would do that (due to fear of Indian Govt)

We can make films about:

Banda Singh Bahadur

Misls period (Jassa Singh Ahluwalia, Jassa Singh Ramgarhia etc)

Sikh Raj (Anglo-Sikh wars, Akali Baba Phula Singh's, Hari Singh Nalwa's, Sham Singh Attariwala's and many others bravery, etc)

Independance from British (Shaheed Bhagat Singh, Shaheed Uddham Singh, Shaheed Kartar Singh Sarabha, => all these have already been done, so I wont recommend that much, but what would be nice is a movie on Gadhri Babas/Babbar Akali Lehar) A nice feature movie on Komagatu Maru would be nice too.

1984 - Blue Star, Delhi Riots, Khalistani Singhs, etc

One thing may be positive from making a movie, but it may also be opening doors on the bad end.

If a movie is made by hollywood portraying guru saahib, what would stop bollywood from making a similar type of movie with their sort of downgraded disgusting content ? Who would stop them from putting a clean shaved with a fake beard to represent guru saahib?