Woah.. This Is Wrong

S1ngh

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking stern or fierce is not the same as being angry or full or krodh. Bir rass and krodh are not the same, but to someone looking from the outside, someone in bir-rass may appear to be angry.

I second that bro. Couldn't have put it better.

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

WJKK WJKF

the first picture is perfectly normal. can u imagine someone going into war with shastar killing with a smile on the face being humble. not really the same essance is it. i gues its abit like shouting sat sri akaal after an ardas. you dont say it softly but with bir ras. and paintings are just an expresion of the arist. unless youve had patak darshan of guru ji its just an artists imagination.

What do people think war is like? Jang back in them days werent pretty, blood, guts, limbs everywhere...

Nowadays soldiers hardly ever see their enemy face to face but in those days close quarter combat was the norm and battles were a blood bath..

Khalsa Fauj used to be full of Bir Ras, they were true warriors, not no hippys like most of the Singhs nowadays..Dont get anger and Bir Ras mixed up..

Jangs back in the day arent no fairy tale, that was real life war...The film Braveheart gives a good idea on what war was like back then..

The artist did a great job in capturing the emotions of maharaj, great pic..

• 5 months later...

that picture shows that guru sahib was angry. he NEVER was angry in his life. he probably got bir ras to fight

Gurufateh g

Guru Ji was amazing

he never showed anger read bachitar natak

he praises the soorma judhe with such awe

Guru Jis battles were of love

look at how he laughs about the laaj of the Sodhis

or about how he praises kirpaal chand

or about how he talks about the gulaab rang and glow and the heavens laughing during battle

look at how Guru Ji calmly gave harichand 3 chances to strike

Guru Ji is all love

on the battle field he faught outnumbered with love

he wiped the faces of his beloved Gursikhs

Guru Ji was in the image of God

Choji mayra Gobinda and mitha bolna ji har saajan swami maura

bir ras is greater than anger

it too is based on love

fear of God should be only that fear which leads us to the protection of Gods charan

Guru Ji was not a jalum or tyrant

he is not a monster

he is deen dayal bakshind and sada mehrbana

look at the saints and sukha jinda and the 1984 saheehds

they faught outnumbered to protect what they love not kill who they hate

sikh has has ke saheehedia paunday

bir ras is the essence of a true warrior one who fights deen ke hait and one who wants nothing but the laalach to sing Gods praises and to spread shubkarman and protect what they love

it is not gusa

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• Topics

• The Mind is Jyot Saroop (Waheguru), but the mind is under the influence of five evils… Through Naam Simran( Rememberance), the mind will begin to detach from evil, and get back to its original form ( MANN TU JYOT SAROOP HEH)… Until the mind breaks free from the five evils, one will go through the cycle of paap and punn….which leads to Karma… Naam Simran destroys past karma, and prevents new karma coming into fruition… I did this, I did that… This non realisation of the Jyot Saroop gives rise to paap and Punn, which in turn gives birth to suffering and misery…
    • I agree we're not born with sin like the Christians think. Also I agree we have effects of karma. But Gurbani does state that the body contains both sin and charity (goodness): ਕਾਇਆ ਅੰਦਰਿ ਪਾਪੁ ਪੁੰਨੁ ਦੁਇ ਭਾਈ ॥ Within the body are the two brothers sin and virtue. p126 Actually, we do need to be saved. Gurbani calls this "udhaar" (uplift). Without Satguru, souls are liable to spiritual death: ਜਿਨਾ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੁ ਪੁਰਖੁ ਨ ਭੇਟਿਓ ਸੇ ਭਾਗਹੀਣ ਵਸਿ ਕਾਲ ॥ p40 Those who have not met Satguru Purakh are unfortunate and liable to death. So, yeah, we do need to be saved, and Guru ji does the saving. The reason Satguru is the one to save is because God has given Satguru the "key" (kunji): ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਹਥਿ ਕੁੰਜੀ ਹੋਰਤੁ ਦਰੁ ਖੁਲੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਗੁਰੁ ਪੂਰੈ ਭਾਗਿ ਮਿਲਾਵਣਿਆ ॥੭॥ In the True Guru's hand is the key. None else can open the door. By perfect good fortune the Guru is met. p124
    • That's unfortunate to hear. Could you give any more information? Who was this "baba"? He just disappeared with people's money? Obviously, you should donate your money to known institutions or poor people that you can verify the need of through friends and family in Punjab.
    • Sangat ji,  I know a family who went Sevewal to do seva sometimes end of 2019. They returned last year in great dismay and heart broken.  To repent for their mistakes they approached panj pyaare. The Panj gave them their punishment / order to how t make it up which, with Kirpa, they fulfilled.  They were listening to a fake Baba who, in the end, took all the "Donations " and fled sometime over a year ago. For nearly 4 years this family (who are great Gursikhs once u get to know them) wasted time and effort for this fake Baba. NOT ONLY this one fam. But many, many did worldwide and they took their fam to do seva, in village Sevewal, city Jaitho in Punjab. In the end many families lost money in thousands being behind this Baba. The family, on return, had to get in touch with all the participants and told them to stop.  I am stating this here to create awareness and we need to learn from whom we follow and believe. It's no easy but if we follow the 3 S (Sangat, Simran and Seva) we will be shown the light. As I am writing this the family in question have been doing the same since 2008 onwards and they fell for this Baba... it is unbelievable and shocking.  This am writing in a nutshell as am at work on my break so not lengthy but it deserves a great length.  Especially the family in question, who shed light on youngsters about Sikhi 20 plus years!! 
    • Giani Kulwant Singh Jawaddi Kalan uses simple Punjabi.

Important Information

Terms of Use