Mandir

The amount of times you hear hindutva fanatics, "Plenty of Sikhs go to mandirs all the time, they find no problem in going to mandirs", and everyone is saying to go?? It does not matter about our own intentions, the fact of the matter is we have to take notice of the times we are living in and the fact that wherever we go our roop makes us ambassadors for the whole kaum, the whole philosophy. Really, we all know that in the back of probably 90% of Hindus' minds they view no difference between hindus and sikhs, and the common site of keshdhari 'panjabis' at mandirs etc. simply reinforces this view. Yes in an ideal world we should be able to go there simply to learn, but in our present situation the only fix is NO ASSOCIATION in any Hindu rituals or places, END OF. Be part of the solution or part of the problem, the decision is in every sikh's hands.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest militant singh

i wna knw would any of u manz go 2 a mosque?? funny hw we gt double standards n tht ini goin 2 da mandirs ok buh nt a mosque hai hai musalman aggay lol- i wouldn't go if a singh goes der it will js help da hindutva fanaticz in sying sikhz r hindus politically it mashes up da nation @ a time when we are @ war with hindutva fanatics who wna merge us wiv hinduism

i wna knw would any of u manz go 2 a mosque?? funny hw we gt double standards n tht ini goin 2 da mandirs ok buh nt a mosque hai hai musalman aggay lol- i wouldn't go if a singh goes der it will js help da hindutva fanaticz in sying sikhz r hindus politically it mashes up da nation @ a time when we are @ war with hindutva fanatics who wna merge us wiv hinduism

I had a really hard time reading that.

I myself come from a Hindu family, and my naanke (mom's family) are staunch worshippers of Baba Balak Nath. All my life till I was like 21 and a half or so I wore that necklace called singee that his worshipers (both Hindus and some "Sikhs") wear. I have also been to his mandir in Himachal Pradesh loads of times. Its really high up there in the mountains.

My question to you is: Are you Amritdhari? Have you made that commitment with Gurujee that its only Gurujee for you and no one else? If yes, don't even think about bowing before someone else. If not, then you are indeed stuck as most other "Punjabi Sikhs" will do anything to make their friends happy. At some point Gurujee tests you, and you have to put your foot down and say a firm NO. Its hard when you are younger and dependant on your parents. I am not going to say go or don't go, because its your life and your decision.

The question you have to ask yourself is who/what takes the topmost priority in your life? Is it Gurujee? Or is it making people happy? And how would you feel after going to a temple and bowing before an idol? Many over here have given good examples, suggesting that you can go, or that you can fold your hands and not bow your head. In the end, its your call, its going to be your decision. A bunch of online posters on a Sikh forum can't decide your life for you. You can and should ask Gurujee about it, like taking an online Hukamnama from SikhiToTheMax. You will get your answer.

Just remember one thing though. If your soul/conscience is ok with it, then nothing matters. But if you are going to be struck with guilt just because of trying to make people happy, then its not worth it.

In short, ask Gurujee Himself as He knows your situation best. Its your life and your decision in the end.

bhull chukk maaf

~ Mehtab Singh

Going as tourist to see a Historical mandir is one thing, this is different.

Personally I would flat out refuse - my Guru is samrath and is not lacking in anything.

We can't compare ourselves to Guru Ji, but even Guru Sahib tested his Singhs by lowering his teer to see what they would say.......

nothing wrong with visiting the mandir...but no one could really force you to bow before the idols or what not. just go...it could be a good learning experince for you. Think of it like this...if guru nanak was invited to the mandir, would he refuse? NO! but im sure he would refuse to bow and do rituals and what not.

Oh my waheguruuu...

One of my massis has become a complete Bahmani due to her marriage to a Baba Balak Nath Chela. (my massar)...

Hope your mom doesnt take you to Bham village, where supposedly a Mata (Hindu deity) comes in some woman... :( Theres a big fair annualy..

Do not visit the mandir. Instead go to a Gurughar.

Take Care and best of luck

Bhul Chuk Maaf,

WJKK WJKF

if my mate invites me to visit a mosque i would go without thinking twice. same thing with visiting a church or a buddist temple.