Nirankaris

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

Waheguroo Jee Kee Fateh!!

Please read this and post your responses of what you think of this answer.

Sat Sri Akal.

Are Nirankari's really a sect of Sikhism? If you visit their website www.nirankari.com they hold satsangs in all parts of India and in fact all over the world. Look at the samagams held in Maharashtra, Calcutta, Uttar Pardesh, Darjling, Banglore, Hydrebad etc.. Are these people really Sikh or bear their origins from within Sikhism?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Gurpreet Bhatia.

---

I suppose that some would not consider Nirankari's as Sikhs; others consider them as the best Sikhs. Personally, I feel that it is not my business to judge if someone is a Sikh or not. That is up to the consciousness of the individual. Baba Nihal Singh, a Nirankari Jethedar in Anandpur Sahib is one of the most spiritual Sikhs I know. Don't worry about someone else's status; live as a good Sikh yourself; kindness is the highest virtue of spirituality. Blessings. GTKK

If someone is really good spiritual sikh he will beleive in nothing but SGGS as guru.Or may be I am mistaken in getting message given by sikhnet here!!

Gurfateh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

My response to them:

Well my progress on sikhi is not so much that I can say who is or who is not a sikh.BUt what I know is that Nirankaris dont beleive in Sikh rehat maryada and dont consider SGGS their ultimate guru.Also I remember 1978 when they declared 7 stars against panj piare of sikhs and got some really good sikhs martyred their.Are you trying to say Nirankaris can be good sikhs?Ofcourse there are and there can be spiritual people in any sect or any releigion.We respect everyone but calling them "Best sikhs" or "spiritual sikhs" is big folly.Please clarify for me on what basis you think that a person can be both "best sikh" and nirankari or both "most spiritual sikh" and Nirankari.

Thanks and Regards

Please post your views

Gurfateh

Guest rsingh

Waheguroo Jee Ka Khalsa!

correct me if im wrong but arnt these the same peple who go around buring sarops of dhan sri guru granth sahib ji marhaj. any one who is willing to discrase SGGS is no sikh and my enemy.

:g :v :g :g

another ting why do they need sects, y call ur self Narinkari, namdhari, etc. Y not call ur self SIKH of Akal Takath.

DHan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Mahraj

Harminder Singh Ji, post your response to that forum and also send a copy to Gurmustuk Singh. Even though he is saying GTKK is only stating her opinion, but when he will start receiving emails about GTKK's "opinions" it may maker him think something. I also posted a reply to GTKK about sikhs marrying non-sikhs, but she did not post my reply on the forum, but she sent me a private email saying your points are well taken. i was like what the hell does that suppose to mean. if my points were well taken, then why she did not post them on the furum???? keep sending those emails and remember to send a copy to gurumustuk too. lets see what happens, if they fail to do anything, then we'll do something.... take care!

Sat Sri Akal:

One important thing. The Youth forum is run by a few responders. GTKK is one of them (there are others). Unlike the "Adult" forum of Sikhnet where the issue can be responded to by an unlimited number of people, the Youth forum is only responded to (almost always) by one person. Now, if that person's views keep countering the Sikh Ideal, the person should be warned or booted from the Youth forum. Because as it stands right now, a person asks a question and gets one response from the designated responders. No input is allowed from anyone else and frankly, Sikhnet has not responded well to our complaints (I sent them an e-mail 4 months ago...still no response).

So send them an e-mail on this one, and if any further problems are noted with that Youth forum, it may be time to get a Sikhsangat petition started to address the mis-information at the site.

This is quite a damaging thing as Sikhnet is a very reputed site and a huge number of people, including impressionable youth, go there for advice. They trust the information given to them as the truth (and have nothing to counter it with as none can respond to it) and will implement it.