CHEW ON THIS

Simran9

Just wanted to share this with ya'll, expecially meat lovers....

Chew on This: Maybe It’s Time to Go Vegetarian

Every year, more than 26 billion animals (including fish) are killed for food in the United States alone. PETA’s new video, “Chew on This,” sheds light on animal suffering and highlights many of the other reasons to choose a compassionate, plant-based diet.

Not only does vegetarianism spare billions of animals from horrific suffering, it also spares your waistline. Simply put, meat and dairy products can make you fat, cause heart disease, put a major damper on your sex life, and destroy the environment.

Need more? Watch “Chew on This” now at: http://www.goveg.com/feat/chew.html

m2-chew.jpg

That was a very impressive video. I liked it. There was this one part where they briefly showed a guy dropping a huge concrete block on an animal lying on the ground. It landed on the neck, right after that you see the animal moving around in pain. That was so sad. I agree with peta, it takes a pretty small person to eat an animal. I don’t blame the butchers as much as I blame the meat eaters. If there wasn’t a demand for meat, then people wouldn’t become butchers and kill animals to satisfy the demand.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Jee, there are PLENTY of alternatives, especially now days, for ANY animal bi-product (milk included). So there really is no excuse not to at least try to switch over to a vegan diet. (Although I personally straddle between vegetarian and vegan blush.gif )

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

The video is awesome....... some things are a little "you didn't need to say that i'm already sold" ... but they had to get their point across :umm:

For many years I've wondered about milk... dairy farms treat cows horribly... lots of hormones... it's not like the good old 10 cows on a farm and they're all treated nicely... it's big factories with cows connected to machines...

but every day I drink a glass or two of milk... I've tried Silk soya milk - it's really good. I've tried "So Good" as well - I think Silk is better.

Hopefully once I live on my own I can afford to purchase soy milk instead of regular milk all the time.

I would love other Gursikhs opinions on whether or not this is a priority compared to other actions we take day-to-day to help the world as Gursikhs.

just my 1 and 1/4 cent

:D

bhul chuk maaf karnaa

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

I read on the AKJ forum not too long ago that sikhs were not meant to be vegan..

afterall, aren't dairy products used in the making of langar and karah prashad? (i don't know, i'm genuinely asking, cuz the argument was that milk and butter are used to make karah prashad, and both are dairy products)

waheguru ji kakhalsa waheguru jiki fateh

umm umm

how about buy some cows, treat them well..and milk them by our selves.. B)

i would love to have a cow of my own..its soo much fun!(but i can only take care of only one cow..no more then that..) blush.gif

:umm:

aggrr now i wana have my own farm :D

(oh and then sangat can come to my place and have milk party tongue.gif )

i need to stop dreamin.. :H:

bhul chuk muaff

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru jiki fateh!