Meaning Of Life

Barfi n Mithai

Amarjit Penji thanks for your link. None of the lectures cover meaning of existance in depth.

you are great at fast forwarding them. I couldn't accomplish listening to them yet, even though I have been for last few days. wooooooooooo hooooooooooo. you are fast listener, even though speaker has same speed doesnt matter who listens to him.

Sade guru sach hee kahende ne

bani virlo veecharsee.

everything around you that you can see, and cant see..can touch, and cant touch..can hear.. and cant hear...can smell and cant smell..can taste and cant taste is all God. but you have to come to the point of realisaton where you SEE God in everything, rathe than seeing objects in the illusion form that they are in.

In bani it says the creator created the creation to meditate on himself. What meditate, what does this achieve?

Guest Papi
In bani it says the creator created the creation to meditate on himself. What meditate, what does this achieve?
Where is that said? Please point the exact tuk.

Why does one think they can ever understand why God does things........is that our purpose................sometimes in life our questions will go un-answered because we seek them to fortify our ego and not for spiritual satisfaction............understand why u feel the need to question the way God does things................when you can grasp that............the question will not seem so important

:)

understand why u feel the need to question the way God does things................when you can grasp that............the question will not seem so important

Vaaaahegurooooooo!!!!! Amazing!!!

And thats when you stop questioning and just sing

rsnw jpqI qUhI qUhI ]

rasanaa japathee thoohee thoohee ||

My tongue chants Your Name, Your Name.

In bani it says the creator created the creation to meditate on himself. Why meditate, what does this achieve?
Where is that said? Please point the exact tuk.

har simaran keeou sagal akaaraa ||

For the remembrance of the Lord, He created the whole creation

aapan keeaa naanakaa aapae hee fir jaap ||1||

Through His Creation, O Nanak, He meditates on Himself

Do you think u could explain this.

Do you think u could explain this.

Here is my feeble attempt.

sloku ]

salok ||

Salok:

srgun inrgun inrMkwr suMn smwDI Awip ]

saragun niragun nira(n)kaar su(n)n samaadhhee aap ||

He possesses all qualities; He transcends all qualities; He is the Formless Lord. He Himself is in Primal Samaadhi.

Awpn kIAw nwnkw Awpy hI iPir jwip ]1]

aapan keeaa naanakaa aapae hee fir jaap ||1||

Through His Creation, O Nanak, He meditates on Himself. ||1||

The last tuk could be better translated as follows. Waheguru built the creation and he is resides with in his creation. As the creation meditates on Waheguru, we can conclude that Waheguru is meditating on Waheguru.

hir ismrin kIE sgl Akwrw ]

har simaran keeou sagal akaaraa ||

For the remembrance of the Lord, He created the whole creation.

Here I am a bit hesitant to put my understanding forward. STTM translation conincides with explaination given by Prof. Sahib Singh Jee in Punjabi, my view however is a bit different. When I read this tuk I thought it meant that via 'har simran' all akaars (shapes, ie. the entire creation) was built.

• 3 years later...