Holidays For Amritdharis

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

California is good for vacations. Some of the places are - Yosemite Park, Lake Tahoe, Hollywood, Redwood Parks, Santa Cruz, San Francisco etc. Do check weather before planning as of right now, it is peak summer time (105 F or 43 C). September is the best time to visit.

Vancouver is also the best place to visit but i am not sure if they have any good vacation spots except the Victoria. victoria is just beautiful and very nice weather year around. if you want to spend good time then probably go on a cruise to Alaska (Vancouver to Alaska) but make sure about the vege meals onboard and stuff.. (Very mature and good nature ppl choose alaska cruise)..

Pakistan would probably be a nice place.

I have heard Singapore is real nice. My parents went their last year and they said many good things about it. Singapore has alot of tolerance for freedom of religion. If a person talks down on another religion in Singapore they are fined.

I have also heard Hawaii is a very nice place with great scenery. My family have visited Hawaii numerous times and they all seem to really enjoy it.

Harmandir Sahib would also be an ideal place to visit. You and your wife can go there and do seva together.

Nothing compares to Punjab, however as mentioned above Singapore is a very nice place to go, the place is surgically clean, you will be hard pushed to even find a peice of paper on the floor its that well kept, theres some great places to viist there, Hong Kong is a great place is you like the hustle and bustle, the people there are probably the most friendly you will ever come accross, unlike Singapore you will be able to move away from the city and visit the more remote parts which contain fantastic budist temples, and there is a place which has the largest buddha statue in the world ontop of a mountain - a fantastic site. Thailand is nice, however the language barrier is a pain as hardly anyone there speaks english, really good places to visit as its a tourist place, but the main thing to check b4 you book is the location, if you go to south phuket, its very remote and nothing is there apart from a gypsie village lol, if you just want peace and quiet you will find some good places to stay there, main phuket town is ok but i didnt really like it - its too touristy and everyone is trying to sell you something.